cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant 'Secure Connection Failed' warnings on 5G

Adam_137
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm having an issue where I get a secure connection failed warning from my browser when trying to load a web page. This happens accross multiplpe sites and if a click refresh a few times the page loads. I've tested this on multiple devices and different browsers and it is the same. It happens on my phone when connected to wifi, then when I turn the wifi off it stops happening.

I've tried all the normal trouble shooting, resetting, trying the SIM in different devices and I'm 99% sure it is a SMARTY/Three network issue. I've got a signal strength of -84db and the device says this is good.

The only thing that I have found which almost resolves the problem is to switch the device to 4G only but obviously I would like to be able to use 5G.

Does anybody know  how to fix this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@Adam_137 Not seen such a thing myself, however "Secure Connection Failed" messages usually occur when a website is running an incorrectly configured or out of date certification for their HTTPS encryption. Sometimes, such errors can also be triggered by content/proxy filters on the mobile network end - have you tried perhaps disabling the adult content filter to see if that makes any difference? Is this happening on any specific browser you're using? 

Best thing to do might be to report the issue to Smarty web chat and see if they can investigate why this is happening for you if this still persists after disabling the filter.

Thanks for your response, I have the adult filters off already. It happens accross many differrent websites so I don't think it could be that they all have bad certs. I've tried it on Firefox and Chrome on various windows and android devices. I don't have any proxies but when I connect my vpn it also resolves the issue.

I'll contact the web chat and see if they can help