Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t send iMessage on apple after porting

SharonW_2911073
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi 

I ported last week and all is well apart from I can’t send iMessage with the number I ported over. 
it still has the number I don’t want and won’t let me change it and it’s also that number under my card on iPhone and I can’t change it. 
any ideas please as been on to apple support for ages and they are saying it’s this end 

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@SharonW_2911073 Sign out of iMessage and FaceTime. Check Settings for My Number and you may be able to change it. Sign back into iMessage and FaceTime.

The phone has 'remembered' the number allocated to the sim when you activated it - happens all the time.

It states that I need to have sim connected to the number that I wanted to keep. I can do it all except iMessage. 
in phone details it still thinks that’s my number. 

@SharonW_2911073  Not really clear what you mean here.

The phone has correct number in My Number?

Under Settings>Sign-in & Security does it show correct number?

If it still won't work then try a web chat with Smarty Support to ensure that port went through properly.

Hi thanks for your response. Your suggestion didn’t work but after 2 days of emailing (easier for me) one of the smarty tech experts sorted it. I had to reset network in phone and that worked 👍 

thank you for your answer and time though 

@SharonW_2911073  Glad it worked eventually.

I was somewhat loathe to suggest a network reset as it does seem a bit drastic. I shall remember that the techies recommend it though!