cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Activating a Nickname SIM (what I wish I knew)

ThatOneDolphin
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hey everyone!

For anyone else who starts a group plan and gets as confused as I did when the SIM arrives through the door, I have some advise for you!

It tells you to Login to your Dashboard or download the app. Either of which will take you to the Dashboard of your MAIN (original SIM). To actually activate the SIM you don't have to click "Start a Group" again as this will take you down the process of either adding an existing other account, ordering yet another paid SIM to your house OR offer you "I have a spare SMARTY SIM already". None of these will get you what you want.

ACTIVATING VIA THE WEBSITE

So to actually activate your Nickname SIM that you already paid and ordered to the house; you need to login to your original (existing) account first. Then go to the dashboard and at the top right of the website click on "Menu" where your little profile icon is. Inside this menu click YOUR NAME (owner) or the little down arrow to the right, the Nickname of your additional SIM & its number should then appear underneath. Click on that Nickname SIM and it should reload your dashboard to now display that new SIM information. At this point you should see the option to select to activate the new SIM that has just arrived! ๐Ÿ™‚

ACTIVATING VIA THE APP

If you want to activate your new Nickname SIM that's just arrived in the post, login to your original (existing) Smarty account on the app first. Then down the bottom right tap on "You" the little profile icon. At the top you should see "YOUR NAME (owner)", tap on this or the little down arrow to the right of it and you should see your Nickname you chose for the new SIM and its number appear. Tap on the Nickname SIM and the app will reload the Dashboard and take you through activating that new SIM card!

Hopefully this will help anyone who wasted as much time as I did running in and out the house in a poor signal area assuming it was going to turn itself on after I already paid for it to be sent in the first place ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 REPLIES 2

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Great first post @ThatOneDolphin, thank you for sharing your experience and advice with the community.๐Ÿ‘

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Amazing response! Thank you for sharing and helping our customers that may have experienced the same problem!