cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated group plan sim but put the wrong sim card in (bonus sim)

FredPick_357828
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Taken me 15 days to figure this out and now have only 15 days remaining on group plan monthly SIM. Can I re-set the date of activation/ payment period to today as its now started using data since I found my mistake 30minutes ago. Thank you in advance for any and all advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @FredPick_357828  Think that you will need to throw yourself upon the mercy of the Support Team via web chat.

Once you have confessed then you can grovel a bit and ask if they can help you😭

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @FredPick_357828  Think that you will need to throw yourself upon the mercy of the Support Team via web chat.

Once you have confessed then you can grovel a bit and ask if they can help you😭

April 30th 23 group plan £9 debit, no data used because I installed the wrong SIM card, no data used for 30days. May 30th 23 group plan £9 debit renewal Taken me 15 days to figure out installed wrong SIM card and now have only 15 days remaining on group plan monthly SIM. Can I re-set the date of activation/ payment period to today as its now started using data since I found my mistake 30minutes ago. Get some degree of sympathy/ understanding/ credit or outright TOUGH **bleep** so as I know not to approach you again.....

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @FredPick_357828 

Unfortunately, we cannot change the payment date as we do not offer contracts here at SMARTY. The only way to do this is to turn off your auto-renewal and go without service until you make a manual payment on the date you want the payment to be taken. 

I hope this helps!

@JodieC  No chance that someone up the 'food chain' will take pity if they can detect a genuine mistake?

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @MSF 

If it were possible to do we would love to! We have no control over payment dates as this starts from when the SIM is activated. As there are no contracts with us, there is no option to alter the payment date. 

I wish there were another solution but sadly, this is our only option 😢

@JodieC  Oooh,(sob), so harsh (blows into hankie). What about the bloke who sells potatoes and onions for cryptocurrency? Can't he do something?

Seriously (if I have to), I do understand but just wondered whether anyone could over-ride this. It is something we have seen a couple of times before on what is a very young forum. this indicates that it may be an easy mistake to make.

FredPick_357828
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

April 30th 23 group plan £9 debit, no data used because I installed the wrong SIM card, no data used for 30days. May 30th 23 group plan £9 debit renewal Taken me 15 days to figure out installed wrong SIM card and now have only 15 days remaining on group plan monthly SIM. Can I re-set the date of activation/ payment period to today as its now started using data since I found my mistake 30minutes ago. Get some degree of sympathy/ understanding/ credit or outright TOUGH **bleep** so as I know not to approach you again.....

Hello @FredPick_357828 . Unfortunately, I don't think that will be possible, judging from comments made by @JodieC (who works for Smarty I believe).

You will have seen that I did ask if anything was possible to help you and others in the same position - looks like it was not.