cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Network

DavidGo_2683941
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I switched to SMARTY this week.  The 3 network strength varies in different areas of the village of Kilmacolm from none to one to three. 3 complaints refuse to commit to have this fixed and say I need to escalate the problem with SMARTY and they will not deal with me because I do not have an account with them but with SMARTY.   Please get the problem fixed - I may have to switch to a provider that does not use the 3 network 

2 REPLIES 2

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

This is the Smarty community forum, we are customers, just like you, we do not work for Smarty. 

Also, you have been misinformed - Smarty are owned by Three, it’s Three that own the masts.

I am also surprised that you do not appear to realise that mobile coverage of course fluctuates depending on your proximity, or otherwise, to a mobile mast - If you are very close to a mast, you will get 4 or 5 bars of coverage, move farther away, it will reduce to 2 or 3 bars. In an area with no three mast ? You will get zero bars ! 

Knowing where Kilmalcolm is, and nearby Auchenbothie, I would be surprised if any network offers consistently good coverage there, as it’s a very rural area. 

You probably do need to switch back to the network you just left. Did that network offer good coverage ? Whatever you do, you obviously need a network that offers decent coverage, but given your rural location, you will have to temper your expectations of full 5 bar coverage all the time. I don’t even get that here in Bristol, on any network, because, again, it all depends on your proximity or otherwise to the mast(s) of your chosen network. No one in the UK will get 5 bars all the time, as we all move around from location to location. 

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@DavidGo_2683941 You are not writing to smarty here - we are forum members like you, as @JJP2RidesAgain  says.