Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win Tickets

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0108 Landing Page Card_600x420PX_v2_Opt2.jpg

You, your bestie and 90's icon Natalie Imbruglia at a show money can't buy... sounds pretty incredible, right? There’re 10 pairs of tickets up for grabs and every SMARTY customer has the chance to enter. Try your luck below.

Tell me more

This money-can’t-buy experience will take place at Virgin Radio's Sunset Sessions with SMARTY on Friday 29th September. ​

Hosted by drivetime legend Ricky Wilson, Natalie Imbruglia will perform an honest, intimate and stripped back set of her biggest and best hits. This exclusive performance will be set at the top of the NewsUK tower in London as the sun sets across the city – what an experience, right?

But hurry, the competition closing date is just around the corner…

Fancy it?

To enter you’ll need to respond below, telling us “What has been your favourite live gig and why?” We can’t wait to read your answers.

Terms and Conditions

1. The Prize Draw opens on 4th September 2023 at 09:00 and closes on 10th September 2023 at 23:59 (“Promotion Period”).
  2. No travel or accommodation expense will be covered.
  3. To be eligible to enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and be registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period, who is over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”)
  4. Those attending the event consent to their and their guests’ details being shared with News Broadcasting Limited and their contractors to facilitate the Prize and for SMARTY to use their names, photographs and any quotes they provide about the Event in any SMARTY marketing activity across some or all media channels.

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed, and we will make the draw for the winners from all the eligible entries  and contact them in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your email inbox. Make sure you check your spam folders too, just in case.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over 560 posts and have had an amazingly diverse range of response, from Christian festivals to back-room-of-a-pub gigs, from massive stadium concerts to someone’s wedding. It’s been brilliant reading them all. Thank you.

And it’s never too late to see live music; go to a big venue, visit a festival, or just see what your local arts’ centre has on. You never know what you’re going to find.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

We were delighted to welcome SMARTY competition winners to watch this intimate performance with Drivetime host Ricky Wilson hosting the event.

1696605265402.jfif1696605260325.jfif1696605263318.jfif

576 REPLIES 576

William_2045697
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Sophie Ellis Bextor at Oran M’or,Glasgow in 2014.

An old converted church and quite an intimate venue .

She was amazing . 

She was promoting her album herself and sat with the audience, signing and just being so ‘accessible’ and just enjoying the fans and the vibe . 

PaulLou_1356107
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

The foofighter because Dave Grohl is an absolute legend. Just the way he interacts with the crowd is like nothing I have witnessed before. He is totally devoted to the fans. 

JohnBra_2129760
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best concert live Taylor swift at the etihad stadium in Manchester she’s fantastic live plus me and my daughter met her afterwards witch was awesome 😎 

JohnBra_2129760
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best concert I’ve been to Taylor swift at the etihad stadium in Manchester fantastic live plus me and my daughter met her afterwards witch was awesome 😎 

JohnBra_2129760
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best concert ever Taylor swift at the etihad stadium in Manchester she’s fantastic live plus me and my daughter met her afterwards witch was awesome 😎 

Michael_1867501
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite legend would love to see her live with my partner Michelle I'd be  Torn apart if I didn't 😂😂

DAVIDGIB_476262
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Beyonce… just absolutely amazing 

Lostie_582994
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Odd eye circle.  So much fun

DAVIDGIB_476262
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Beyonce… just amazing 

DavidCh_1528329
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love this !

JohnDean_353630
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Never been to a gig/concert. 
Might be my first one 😁

MNHarpe_2205981
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Ub40 live in Cape Town 

MarkChan_432978
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Madonna’s Blonde Ambition tour, July 1990 at Wembley Stadium. My first outdoor concert. My first trip to Wembley. The stunning production values. It was incredible. I was 19

MNHarpe_2205981
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Ub40 live in Cape Town, South Africa

michael_1817938
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Was lucky enough to be at live 8!

Amazing experience and cause!

Stephen_1243475
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Elton John’s follow the yellow brick road show at the 02 ,brought the 

tickets then had to wait over 3 years to see him , fabulous show well worth the wait

SmartyG
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It has to be a free concert to the people of Rome - Simon & Garfunkel’s one night return to the Colosseum (2004). 

An unexpected and beautiful night shared with the good people of Rome - we were just visiting for the weekend and had no idea the concert was planned. 

A  huge captivating Harvest moon hung in the sultry August sky and the magnificent architecture was up-lit to provide the most breathtaking scenery.

The vast open air space transformed into an intimate stage for the hundreds of attendees as the Duo (and their band) stunned the audience with classic hit after hit - pitch perfect throughout!

A magical and priceless experience - providing lifelong memories and a great fondness for Rome and it’s beautiful people.

PatrickM_261266
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

My favourite was my first, grew up in Singapore in the 90s-00s and didn’t get to see many of the acts until Singapore started getting a bit more on the scene for band yours / I got old enough. when Sum 41 came it blew my mind and got to go see them live in Fort Canning. 

Seeing more 90s legends would be amazing and help make up for some lost time! 

Croydoncabby
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Michael Jackson

caionions
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

it’s a tough one; David Kushner in Birmingham was incredible, particularly because i’ve been a huge fan of his support act (Chance Peña) since i was 14. at the same time, i adore every gig i go to for The Royston Club - the support acts are typically local artists which is great for finding new music - and i am so fortunate to have seen their fanbase grow over the last two years.

my favourite of all time, for that reason, has to be the first Royston Club gig i went to, at the Rescue Rooms, Nottingham. it was my best friend’s first gig ever and we got obliterated in the mosh pit (she actually lost her shoe off her foot) - came out with bruises but it was the best time, and a memory i will always cherish 

Mortz29
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best of the best we saw….Queen with Adam Lambert at the O2 arena 2021 and the tickets were last minute. The most memorable experience ever!

MichaelaPeinado
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've never been to a live gig so this would be fantastic!

SergejsK_742841
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite live gig was The Killers in Belfast in 2019! Lewis Capaldi was the support act and being scottish it was incredible! They played Mr Brightside at dusk and it was the most insane atmosphere and the best crowd and one of my favourite experiences I’ve had!

AndrewF_1954963
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I went to Live Aid at Wembley, what a very long but worthwhile day leaving at 6am and returning  after midnight the following day. I was able to see some of tbe leading artists and bands of tbe era. The cause of helping to feed the world through peaceful means artists giving their time and energy for the power of good. I wish there was more of that. I can never forget seeing that Queen performance that topped the lot and standing there clapping to the best of We Will Rock you which did shake the world ag the time. It’s a pity that there isn’t more of that now .

Stephen_2216004
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I need to start to experience things like this. Si far it has been out of my reach.

MichaelC_581010
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The Arctic Monkeys this year ar Ashton Gate Bristol. The Hives set them up for a phenomenal set starting out with Mardy **bleep**. Despite what was said at Glastonbury they ineteracted with a great friendly crowd. Unforgettable sounds.

HelenCl_1524605
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I have not been to a gig in years. I’ve never been to a festival only a few concerts at the O2. Rihanna, Take That and Little Mix… all fabulous. Live music and the atmosphere that that many people in one place bring is incredible. I hope I win these tickets I loved her growing up 💖 Thanks for the opportunity Smarty 📱 

DanielLo_898587
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Robbie Williams 2013 i think the year was at the Ethiad Stadium in Manchester supported by Olly Murs….. i’m not a big Robbie Williams fan, but he was brilliant and so was Olly Murs. Very entertaining, very impressive.

annkhan
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite gig, Ryan Adams. Birmingham this year. I got a last minute ticket from my friend. I'm now a massive fan. 

GaryHun_2192282
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Earth Wind & Fire May 1979 Wembley Arena

ive seen hundreds of gigs over the years and this was one of the first handful I saw.

• 3 mates and I spent £12.50 each for a ticket(lot of money in those days)  and boy was it worth it. Apart from the banging funk riffs from the Horn Section, the Bass Guitarist ( Verdine White) levitated on his mic stand whilst still playing and then was rotated through a large hoop to show no strings attached. They rattled through such classics as Boogie Wnderland, September, Best of My Love, Reasons  etc 

However, the piece de resistance was towards the very end when all 12 band members were on stage together.  6 of them climbed some stairs either side of a giant pyramid suspended above the stage. These included lead singer Maurice White, the soulful Philip Bailey,  ermine White and 3 others. There faces were visible the whole t8me. One by one they entered the pyramid closing the door behind them. We were only about 4 rows from the front so we could see clearly all around the pyramid so they hadn’t sneaked out the back. The pyramid was then hoisted out to mid stage and whilst the remaining 6 band members thumped out a merciless funk beat whilst wearing astronaut suits with full helmets hiding their identity, the pyramid exploded into tiny fragments of golden glitter. This in itself would have blown my 18 year old mind  but what happened next still leaves a chill to the bones.

The music continued for another minute or so and then the band members in the astronaut suits took off their helmets and revealed themselves to be none other than the 6 who climbed into the pyramid. There was no smoke or lights switched off during this whole illusion so how did not only 6 guys disappear in the pyramid in full view but then replace the other 6 on stage seamlessly.

Natalies gig is on the birthday of one of my fellow EW& F attendees 44 years ago so I thought it would be cool to go full circle when I saw this opportunity in my mailbox to see her, she would be well chuffed.

Mokabra
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favorite was Rammstein 2019 at Milton Keynes. Incredible atmosphere, superb show, loved everything from start to the end.

AbrahamS_877503
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

The only live gig I have been was Bad Omens in Leeds this 2023. It was amazing as I was finally enjoying the music I like with other people like me! Being the first hug I have been whilst being in the UK, a super mosh pit I participated, and the great energy of the concert are definitely the reasons to be my favourite live concert! I hope I can go to more! 

HenryFox_212660
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best show I have ever been to would be Faithless at the Shepherds Bush Empire! Opened in the darkness with the immortal line,” This is my church! This is where I heel my hurts! For tonight God is a DJ!” The place erupted and the whole venue moved 2 inches in time with the music! RIP Maxi Jazz 

RayRudd_2002501
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

2nd July, 1977 .. Neil Diamond at Woburn Abbey … Oh what a night it really was, such a night! It had been a rainy summer but the clouds cleared that day and we joined 55,000 other fans who sat around the beautiful stage which had been set up using the floodlit house as the backdrop. The band started playing the introduction .. but where’s the star? Suddenly a helicopter landed to the side of the stage, Neil jumped out, strode up to the mic and began to sing us through a magical, never-to-be-forgotten evening. Needless to say when he got to ‘Sweet Caroline’ he was accompanied by 55,000 voices! It may not have been a ‘Hot August Night’, but it came pretty **bleep** close!

HelenCh_1757237
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Yes please

Karaokequeen
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have been to so many amazing festivals back in the 90's and so many amazing gigs. This year I have decided to see as many Live gigs as possible so far I have seen Ed Sheeran, Elton John, Micheal Buble , & my favourte gig was definitely seeing Pulp in their hometown of sheffield.on their final farewell tour just blew me away Jarvis Cocker still has it. I would love to win this once in a lifetime opportunity to hear Natalie Imbruglia Live That would be another gig added to my 2023 gig list 😀 

michael_2060681
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Keane at dalby forest such an amazing venue 

JasonSingh1981
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite live gig was at Hammersmith Palais and it was a Bhangra nite in the late 90’s… So many gigs I have been to all have been an adventure and experience good times with friends during my college years….

As all types of music bonds us as humans as it’s a universal language. Respect to all types of music genres 

MarkSwee_222671
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My fav gig was July 4th this year, AO arena Manchester watching The Chicks. They put on a fantastic show and sounded incredible but what made it that extra special was that I was front row at the center of the stage so only 3feet away from a band I love which made it more personable and memorable, not to mention special. Would love to see Nat live too 😊

DeanJac_1702972
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Cold play at Glastonbury, was absolutely amazing. Never been to London at all. So this would be amazing.