Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win Tickets

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0108 Landing Page Card_600x420PX_v2_Opt2.jpg

You, your bestie and 90's icon Natalie Imbruglia at a show money can't buy... sounds pretty incredible, right? There’re 10 pairs of tickets up for grabs and every SMARTY customer has the chance to enter. Try your luck below.

Tell me more

This money-can’t-buy experience will take place at Virgin Radio's Sunset Sessions with SMARTY on Friday 29th September. ​

Hosted by drivetime legend Ricky Wilson, Natalie Imbruglia will perform an honest, intimate and stripped back set of her biggest and best hits. This exclusive performance will be set at the top of the NewsUK tower in London as the sun sets across the city – what an experience, right?

But hurry, the competition closing date is just around the corner…

Fancy it?

To enter you’ll need to respond below, telling us “What has been your favourite live gig and why?” We can’t wait to read your answers.

Terms and Conditions

1. The Prize Draw opens on 4th September 2023 at 09:00 and closes on 10th September 2023 at 23:59 (“Promotion Period”).
  2. No travel or accommodation expense will be covered.
  3. To be eligible to enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and be registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period, who is over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”)
  4. Those attending the event consent to their and their guests’ details being shared with News Broadcasting Limited and their contractors to facilitate the Prize and for SMARTY to use their names, photographs and any quotes they provide about the Event in any SMARTY marketing activity across some or all media channels.

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed, and we will make the draw for the winners from all the eligible entries  and contact them in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your email inbox. Make sure you check your spam folders too, just in case.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over 560 posts and have had an amazingly diverse range of response, from Christian festivals to back-room-of-a-pub gigs, from massive stadium concerts to someone’s wedding. It’s been brilliant reading them all. Thank you.

And it’s never too late to see live music; go to a big venue, visit a festival, or just see what your local arts’ centre has on. You never know what you’re going to find.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

We were delighted to welcome SMARTY competition winners to watch this intimate performance with Drivetime host Ricky Wilson hosting the event.

1696605265402.jfif1696605260325.jfif1696605263318.jfif

586 REPLIES 586

KatieJen_324004
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Dancing in the warm rain at an open airJack Johnson concert. My husband and I were still dating - amazing memories 😍😍😍

RobClay_155431
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The best gig I've been to was Prince at the O2 Arena in London when he performed for 21 nights. In my opinion he's the most talented musician of our generation and getting to see him live was a real privilege - what a performer!

RobClay_155431
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My favourite gig was seeing Prince at the O2 in London when he performed for 21 nights. In my opinion, Prince is the most talented musician of our generation, so I feel very lucky to have seen him perform - and what a show it was too - amazing!

JordiFe_2256938
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Always a fan of the 90's music! Natalie Imbruglia was a great part of it!

PaulRob_1616238
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Paul Weller Nottingham.. Long time favourite artist since the Jam days

Talicza_1069386
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I watched coheed and Cambria at o2 in Bristol and it was the first time I’ve seen someone play a double guitar above their head. Legendary. 

DWG
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

When my daughter, wife and I went to see Justin Fletcher (Mr. Tumbles) live at the Octagon Theatre in Yeovil. It made my daughter so very happy and us too to see the smiles on her face. 

DWG
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

When my family and I went to see Justin Fletcher (Mr. Tumbles) live at the Octagon Theatre in Yeovil. The reaction, smiles and laughter...all the excitement was a perfect family memory!

Bridget_2117835
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Blondie 1979 - first gig. Brilliant 

PaulRay_1937229
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My fav gig was Ed Sheeran at St James Park.  February 2018,  it was electric atmosphere. Ann-Marie open the show, she was fantastic as well.

LucasHi_1761170
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

hh

LucasHi_1761170
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Shed Seven in Leeds were amazing this year! The atmosphere was great and vocals incredible.

ChrisH84
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My favourite live gig was Tears for Fears live at the motorpoint arena in Nottingham. Roland Orzabal's vocal range has to be heard to believe it. Such an amazing concert .

RebeccaG_176467
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I have never been to any live performance and this wonderful event, I could imagine would be amazing as a first time experience 🤞.

syujcg
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Watching the Last Night At The Astoria, I was a sixth former and had the best time of my life with plenty of photos with stars of the day. Next day at school however was a nightmare!

ClaireWa_517652
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I went to see The 1975 in 2012 at Maida Vale studios for future sounds. There was about 15 of us in the room compared to the other studio that had around 80 people. They were great and I went by myself as no one wanted to go with me to see artists they didn’t know. Laura mvula played straight after. Tickets were free!

Rebecca_1295727
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Fat Boy Slim in Nottingham 🥳

DavidSte_239580
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Elton John on the comedy carpet in Blackpool great gig but dreadful weather very windy

DavidSte_239580
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Elton John on the comedy carpet in Blackpool great gig but the weather was dreadful windy

Leonuuk
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Muse, supported by Elbow and Martin Grech at Wembley Arena in November 2003.
I knew Martin, as we grew up in the same town. He had something like 7 guitarists on stage.
Then on came Elbow, and there were 5 on stage. These guys made even more noise, and so tight.
And finally Muse. Just 3 guys, and they made even more noise than Elbow.
And when I say noise, I mean a coherrent epic sound.
They were perfect, absolutely awesome. Amazing musicians and amazing vocals.

KSkinns
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Never been to a live gig so this would be a new experience 

HirokiU_2154668
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My all time favorite live gig was the "101" concert at the Pasadena Rose Bowl in 1988 as they were at their prime...so was I! 

HirokiU_2154668
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favorite gig was Depeche Mode's "101" concert at the Pasadena Rose Bowl in 1988 as they were at their prime...so was I! 

Paddy84722
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Deacon Blue, at Birmingham Symphony Hall. Absolutely amazing!! The sound, the atmosphere & when they started singing 'Fergus Wings The Blues', I had to check th ceiling as I honestly believed the ceiling was going to collapse, as the place began absolutely jumping. Best ever, beating others like, Adele, Queen, Michael Jackson & even Coldplay!!!!

LesleyM_1904283
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Micheal Buble, Birmingham NEC. Absolutely fantastic.  We live 350 miles away in Cornwall and it was worth every single mile 😊

KevinBl_1092456
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Uncle Lumpy & The Fish Doctors, Connaught Park, Dover, 1980s. Glorious summer day, great food, great company and a great, amusing local band

djr
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What has been your favourite live gig and why?

As regards listening: Proms in 2003. It was the first and only time I've been and the music and atmosphere was just great. As regards playing in a live gig, Kachaturian Violin Concerto in Nairobi Orchestra in 2009.

Kathryn_1427173
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Gary Barlow live in Cardiff - Was a surprise birthday present from my hubby as I'd wanted to see him for so long.  Loved Gary and loved my hubby! 🙂 

Kathryn_1427173
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite was Gary Barlow in Cardiff - My hubby bought me the tickets as a special surprise birthday present and it was the best show ever. Loved Gary and loved my hubby for arranging it!

Jack_Mate
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Some years ago (2013?) I went to a Bruce Springsteen concert in Milan. The Boss was there in great form and gave us a magical night! Everybody in the audience was nice and well behaved and singing along until we had no more voice. We felt connected and intimate at times despite the large space and the huge number of people. That's what music does to you!

Rebecca_1691781
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Seeing Bicep at Margate was awesome..the sound was amazing and we danced our socks off 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼😁

Glynrobbo
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

In 1977 I attended an unbelievable performance by Camel of their stunning album The Snow Goose at Birmingham Town Hall. The perfect venue with perfect acoustics, great seats and with the brilliant company of friends. Never been matched...yet...

DonMull_1265449
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Boring fart never been to a live gig☹️

DavidMo_2043911
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My favourite has to be Led Zeppelin at Knebworth (in 1979 I think) because they were simply **bleep** awesome

LizHe_1488268
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Favourite live gig was Our Lady Peace playing the Shepherds Bush Academy. Little known band in the UK but I'm a huge fan so was stoked they were playing outside Canada. Intimate and brilliant gig but they haven't played the UK since. 

DeveshPe_206691
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Skrillex at the o2 academy in Brixton. It was the first live gig I went to in uni and was hooked since then. 

MandyBla_490635
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Went to lytham st annes festival courtesy of a good friend to see jk. If I win I would love to return the favour good luck everyone 

PhilAll_1220033
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Stevie Wonder @ The O2. A living legend with talent, personality and a music back catalogue that are all UNMATCHED! 

PhilAll_1220033
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Stevie Wonder live at the O2. A man with talent, personality, and a musical back catalogue that is unmatched!

JonWhite227
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Black Sabbath supported by Van Halen at the Hammersmith Odeon, in June 1978. I was 15 and had wanted to see Sabbath since I was 12, and at the time no-one knew that this 'new band' Van Halen would become a huge band in their own right.