Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win Tickets

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0108 Landing Page Card_600x420PX_v2_Opt2.jpg

You, your bestie and 90's icon Natalie Imbruglia at a show money can't buy... sounds pretty incredible, right? There’re 10 pairs of tickets up for grabs and every SMARTY customer has the chance to enter. Try your luck below.

Tell me more

This money-can’t-buy experience will take place at Virgin Radio's Sunset Sessions with SMARTY on Friday 29th September. ​

Hosted by drivetime legend Ricky Wilson, Natalie Imbruglia will perform an honest, intimate and stripped back set of her biggest and best hits. This exclusive performance will be set at the top of the NewsUK tower in London as the sun sets across the city – what an experience, right?

But hurry, the competition closing date is just around the corner…

Fancy it?

To enter you’ll need to respond below, telling us “What has been your favourite live gig and why?” We can’t wait to read your answers.

Terms and Conditions

1. The Prize Draw opens on 4th September 2023 at 09:00 and closes on 10th September 2023 at 23:59 (“Promotion Period”).
  2. No travel or accommodation expense will be covered.
  3. To be eligible to enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and be registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period, who is over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”)
  4. Those attending the event consent to their and their guests’ details being shared with News Broadcasting Limited and their contractors to facilitate the Prize and for SMARTY to use their names, photographs and any quotes they provide about the Event in any SMARTY marketing activity across some or all media channels.

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed, and we will make the draw for the winners from all the eligible entries  and contact them in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your email inbox. Make sure you check your spam folders too, just in case.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over 560 posts and have had an amazingly diverse range of response, from Christian festivals to back-room-of-a-pub gigs, from massive stadium concerts to someone’s wedding. It’s been brilliant reading them all. Thank you.

And it’s never too late to see live music; go to a big venue, visit a festival, or just see what your local arts’ centre has on. You never know what you’re going to find.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

We were delighted to welcome SMARTY competition winners to watch this intimate performance with Drivetime host Ricky Wilson hosting the event.

1696605265402.jfif1696605260325.jfif1696605263318.jfif

577 REPLIES 577

VilmaRu_1943393
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Enrique Iglesias cause its...Enrique!

C4ods77
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Red got chili peppers because at the end the whole arena erupted and when I turned around there was a chap stood on his mates shoulders without a stitch of clothing on 😂

JohnPhi_1606704
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My fav gig was Lady A at the O Arena. The energy, excitement and sheer pleasure was memorable. We became big fans that night and remember it every time we hear the lovely songs. 

Rajbind_1556131
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

To be honest I haven't been to any concerts for a while and would love to go to a concert

TracyGa_2001382
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Went to see Erasure in Guildford in 2014 .  We had a special meeting with Andy and Vince as my brother had motor neurone disease - he had a fantastic time - he is now gone but very special memories of his favourite band and time spent together.  Went to see Erasure in Brighton in 2021 in his memory

William_1885663
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

David Bowie = Glass Spider Tour

Crying_Freeman
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

An unexpected fav gig, James at the Crystal Palace bowl, the fellas really good live, usually love 90’s but I’m an old skool raver 😂 so went along just for time with my wife and friends, loved it, properly atmospheric! It’s a great venue, Bob Marleys last Uk gig was there 😞

JAROSLAW_982974
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • my wonderful experiences concert the Marillion In London Hammersmith Apollo It was an amazing event and every song worked like a drug. Marillion created an amazing, unique mood and atmosphere, and Steve Rothery solos were dizzying and made you tremble inside with emotion.

PeterWa_1951239
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I saw Elton John in Preston in 1977 with just his percussionist and no band. Absolutely phenomenal.

Baggers53
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Rod Stewart at Maine Road, Manchester. A great experience. Right at the end of the concert the pod Rod was singing on rose up and revealed an orchestra, Sailing to finish the concert. Just great. 

AngelaS_1631596
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Take That / the circus

glasgow

its the only  one I’ve ever been to

Mortz29
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best I ever saw was Queen with Adam Lambert at the O2, last minute tickets and one of the most memorable experiences ever!

JAROSLAW_982974
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

my wonderful experiences concert the Marillion In London Hammersmith Apollo concert. It was an amazing event and every song worked like a drug. Marillion created an amazing, unique mood and atmosphere, and Steve Rothery  solos were dizzying and made you tremble inside with emotion.

Martina_2094556
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best live gig ever was Freddy Mercury and Queen.Long time ago in the 80’s.This was at Wembley.Fantastic stage performance.Electrifying 😁

Vanessa_1906198
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Elton John at Wembley, it must be over 30 years ago and still remember how wonderful he was

DavidCr_1394584
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Manfred Mann’s earth band, Newcastle City Hall, late 70’s.  The atmosphere in the theatre and the music, just incredible.

Susanclo_192015
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The Style Council in the 1980's at Sheffield Town Hall where we got to the front of the stage and Dee C Lee stood on my hand!!

AjayGhu_1554445
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite live gig was Prince during the O2 residency.  Rumours were rife that Prince would wait backstage for arena to empty, then would come come out to do extra sessions.  this was amazing the evening i went nearer to stage and got to see Prince 

Shaunja_1961843
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Iron maiden in Birmingham totally smashed it 

Ellasmi_2124372
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Getting to see my mum truly let go and live her best, loudest, danciest life at the Queen tour three years ago was pretty **bleep** special 🪩 - I’ll rem we feeling her sense of freedom that night forever ! 

Kimberle_645771
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

foo fighters after Dave broke his leg! At the end of the show he stood stood up and raised his crutches! I was in the golden circle at Milton Keynes got the best photo! 

Richard_1952980
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Genesis in Roundhay park back in the early 90's - can't remember exact year!

JohnHag_2071892
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A Live Concert with Genesis / Phil Collins - at the Glasgow Apollo (Former Green's Playhouse of Sauchiehall Street); was so far up in 'The Gods', could only see Phil's Midriff But WHAT an EXPERIENCE - ELECTRIKKK!!

LiamSco_1736424
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I’ve been to so very many gigs over the years, but none tops seeing Linkin Park at Manchester Arena for the first time. Seeing a band that were the soundtrack to my teenage years play their music that resonates so deeply with me still even today is such a meaningful experience. It meant even more to me post-concert, as the frontman Chester sadly lost his battle with mental health, and I hold onto the memories of that show and the grainy video clips I took at the time so dearly. The band was on top form, playing so tight together with such oomph supporting the ear rasping screams of Chester, it really was a spectacle to behold!

LucyHar_1693740
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Ooh so many to choose from as we have the most amazing small venue in Kingston run by local store, Banquet records, and see top top acts there from the doves, to the hives and Rick Astley. But my all time favorite gig was the Cult in another tiny venue, la Luna, in Portland Oregon many years ago. Crazy vibe in an intimate venue. 

MarcusL_1393763
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Watching Guns and Roses at Hyde park ! I dont know anyother band that can play live for 3 hrs ! Amazing 

DSlash was legendary and world class.November rain will always be my highlight.

SarahMa_1828805
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Lady Gaga with my 13 year old daughter is was amazing and a fabulous memory for us both.

JAROSLAW_982974
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

my wonderful experiences concert the Marrillion In London Hammersmith Apollo concert. It was an amazing event. Marrillion created an amazing, unique mood and atmosphere, and Steve Rothery solos were dizzying and made you tremble inside with emotion.

an unforgettable experience

Was that the Fugazi tour? I was there too.

Geoffthegolfer
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

David Bowie Serious Moonlight tour at MK Bowl. Great energy from the huge crowd, Bowie at the height of his powers, it was awesome! Took is 2 hours to get off the car park. But we didn't mind!

MiteshM
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Spice Girls at the O2 in Dec 2009 … was one of the most amazing performances I have ever seen! 

DarrenP_2051691
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

watching Billy Bragg in a small theatre in Helsinki,  a fantastic experience 

pjw159
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pink Floyd at Docklands 1989 - because it was a truly immersive experience!

ScottCh_1808568
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite gig? The prodigy in Glasgow in the 90s supported by the foo fighters. Beat that 🙂

Broccolisnapper
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Simon and Garfunkel supported by The Everly Brothers, Old Friends Tour, Manchester Arena 2004.  A 70s child I grew up listening to the lp A Bridge Over Troubled Waters.  My mum's favourite band was The Everlys.  It was a magical, once in a life time show.

VisSup
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Jessie J in Bournemouth. Was a small intimate venue and gig, amazing to feel so close and part of the experience, rather than just a number in a massive venue. I keep looking for small venues and gigs to go to, but so difficult to get tickets as most artists want to only do the big stadium tours now. Would love another intimate gig to go to. 

Jie2010
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

T in the park at balado and seen James and the killers excellent 

GaryGric_704563
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

GaryGric-704563

Jools Holland at De Montfort Hall Leicester with Enrico Rodriguez and Ruby Turner in support, legends!

Smart_me1066
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite concert was the Princess Diana concert at Wembley in 2007. Oops, it shows my age. The Club Wembley tickets only cost £46 each. I enjoyed the best ever live performances without waiting for supporting acts to end. Every second of the six hour concert was unforgettable.