Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win Tickets

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0108 Landing Page Card_600x420PX_v2_Opt2.jpg

You, your bestie and 90's icon Natalie Imbruglia at a show money can't buy... sounds pretty incredible, right? There’re 10 pairs of tickets up for grabs and every SMARTY customer has the chance to enter. Try your luck below.

Tell me more

This money-can’t-buy experience will take place at Virgin Radio's Sunset Sessions with SMARTY on Friday 29th September. ​

Hosted by drivetime legend Ricky Wilson, Natalie Imbruglia will perform an honest, intimate and stripped back set of her biggest and best hits. This exclusive performance will be set at the top of the NewsUK tower in London as the sun sets across the city – what an experience, right?

But hurry, the competition closing date is just around the corner…

Fancy it?

To enter you’ll need to respond below, telling us “What has been your favourite live gig and why?” We can’t wait to read your answers.

Terms and Conditions

1. The Prize Draw opens on 4th September 2023 at 09:00 and closes on 10th September 2023 at 23:59 (“Promotion Period”).
  2. No travel or accommodation expense will be covered.
  3. To be eligible to enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and be registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period, who is over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”)
  4. Those attending the event consent to their and their guests’ details being shared with News Broadcasting Limited and their contractors to facilitate the Prize and for SMARTY to use their names, photographs and any quotes they provide about the Event in any SMARTY marketing activity across some or all media channels.

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed, and we will make the draw for the winners from all the eligible entries  and contact them in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your email inbox. Make sure you check your spam folders too, just in case.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over 560 posts and have had an amazingly diverse range of response, from Christian festivals to back-room-of-a-pub gigs, from massive stadium concerts to someone’s wedding. It’s been brilliant reading them all. Thank you.

And it’s never too late to see live music; go to a big venue, visit a festival, or just see what your local arts’ centre has on. You never know what you’re going to find.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

We were delighted to welcome SMARTY competition winners to watch this intimate performance with Drivetime host Ricky Wilson hosting the event.

1696605265402.jfif1696605260325.jfif1696605263318.jfif

586 REPLIES 586

Martina2
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

THE JONAS BROTHERS in Milan because I was 16 and crazy for them 

Frances_037
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

James bay at the NX in Newcastle. It's a smaller venue so a totally different feel. It was nice to experience something different. He was engaging and it was a fab gig. 

Martina2
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

THE JONAS BROTHERS in Milan because I was 16 and totally crazy for them 

DuncanPa_318627
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The final Runrig Concert at Stirling Castle, Summer 2018. Wonderful Scottish Band we’d been following for over 20 years. One of their songs ‘The Story’ featured in the recent Edinburgh Tattoo. Fond memories and wonderful times. Still play their music regularly. 

Stephen_1692486
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

There have been a lot of gigs, but Counting Crows on what I think was their firs UK tour supporting their first album 'August and Everything After' back in 1994 probably was amazing, totally raw and emotional filled lyrics and singing.

NeilHar_1782245
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I got dragged along to see olly murs this year, but what made it sweeter was that the starting act was the one and only Natalie imbruglia. Olly murs surprised Mr as he was really good

Michelle_877924
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Porcupine Tree at Wembley- absolutely brilliant 🤩 the drummer is a legend fist time I had seen them live would love to see them again 

JasonHug_721684
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Robbie Williams playing to 200 people in a night club 

sc1642
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

MassMatiks at the BoilerRoom in Guildford. It was my first ever gig and at such an intimate venue I loved it!

JuanFer_2103659
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite live gig was Madonna’s Blond Ambition Tour at Wembley in 1990 with my older brother. It was the first gig I ever attended and my parents didn't want me to attend as the Pope define it as Satanic! 

PhilipM_1923776
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite live gig was seeing Meshuggah at the HMV Forum (now O2 Forum) back in 2012. It was with a group off friends I hadn't seen in a long time, and it was a great evening full of memories I'll keep forever!

DuncanPa_318627
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Final Concert of Runrig at Stirling Castle Summer 2018. Wonderful Scottish Rock Band who we followed for over 20 years. One if their songs ‘The Story’  featured at the recent Edinburgh Tattoo. Still listen regularly to their inspiring and different  music. 

DarrenO_1496850
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Paul Weller at The Royal Albert Hall 

SaBol_1030022
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Madness Gloucester Leisure  centre back in the day 1985 they were absolutely bonkers and brilliant and still are. The Nutty boys at their height....

Michelle_877924
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Porcupine tree at Wembley absolutely brilliant the drummer is a legend would love to see them again 🤩

OliverI_2102265
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Seeing the Red Hot Chilli Peppers at the Madjeski stadium, the gig was on my birthday and made an awesome present. Always remember it starting slowly but the moment the sun went down it went mad!

adamiddo_731896
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My Favourite live gig has to be Santana in Australia in 2017. He is one of my favourite musicians ever and what made it the best ever was at the end he took notice of me, being on the front row. He called me onto stage and gave me his guitar pick and let me have hold of his guitar, i even got to have a quick chat with him. Such an amazing experience :):):) 

Theresa_55
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The only gig I have been to was The Proclaimers, I was a 19 year old working in Norway and it was amazing, a small select gig,able to get up close and personal with the guys. Songs that we all knew and some that were new at the time, 35 years later I can still remember it so vividly, makes me smile as thinking about the concert and time long gone.

Theresa.xx

DonnaBr_2172852
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The Killers in Manchester, listening to my favourite song Mr Brightside live and dancing like no one was watching was the best experience ever!!

AlanRaws_736483
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My favourite gig - Leonard Cohen in Manchester. I went with my partner who is a big fan. I wasn't expecting to enjoy the gig but was stunned by a real gentleman who told a story and explained the motivation for his writing. Cohen spent 3 hours on stage, there was no warm up act, his band was brilliant and he let them shine individually and together. The audience all wore sensible shoes  and were thoroughly enthralled - this gig was just before Cohen passed away and I have to say that having just discovered the depth of his poetry, music and lyrics he is sadly missed.

HelenHa_2117288
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Pink at Wembley Stadium - she really flew!

SaBol_1030022
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Back in the day and best decade Madness Gloucester Leisure centre 1985. Nutty boys at their height, and still brilliant today

ANGELAS_2029248
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Fleetwood Mac in Glasgow was amazing 

ElishaW
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Favourite live gig, was a small time band Skinny Living. Was intimate and my god they can sing! Can't wait to see them grow and live again ❤️

Froggatt1965
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Yes please

Hin_Ming
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Never experienced, hope I am able to win to get this exciting experience in my life.

JonRyder_419483
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Prodigy at warriors dance festival, met up with several different groups of friends and got to listen to the music that got me into dance music as a kid 

HarrietL_611933
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

This is a hard one but most recently it has been  Haim where they brought out Taylor Swift as a secret surprise guest, or Dermot Kennedy at all points east who I didn’t even know I was a fan of until I found myself crying at how amazing he was! 

Hin_Ming
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Never experienced , hope I am able to win to gain exciting experience.

HaydenB_1452668
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite gig has to be Kasabian at Carlisle Sands Centre back in 2008. It was my first ever gig, I was 12 years old and went with my parents! I was just starting to really get in to music and the whole set was electric. Serge was (and probably still is) the coolest guy I’ve seen on stage😎

JasonCo_1781542
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Seeing the Prodigy in Milton Keynes back in the 2000’s was incredible. Dry ice filling the arena and the lead singer drifting through the crowd with cat eye contact lenses and Keith Flint thrashing inside a glass cube. An iconic show that I’ll never forget.

Gedymiah7
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I don't have a favourite gig and nobody wants to hear about it anyway. I'm just entering to win the tickets and give them to the Mrs. 

ArthurR_1145562
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Status quo at rewind festival. They were the headline act - so last on & by this time it was pouring with rain so lots had left. They thanked everyone for hanging in there & played an extra special set for us. 

Richard_1720326
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Eric Clapton live soon after his son died....very moving and inspirational. 

EmilyPe_1488960
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The first ever concert I went to was with a group of friends and my family.  We went to see a Fleetwood Mac tribute band called Fleetwood Mad. It was only a small venue but it was amazing. We sang at the top of our lungs and had a great time spending a fun night with my family and friends! Can’t wait until I can go to another concert, with my friends and my family. 

Ravinde_1400733
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I loved the atmosphere of the live gig, me and my friend stayed up all night and we met some amazing people.

Richard_1720326
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Eric Clapton live shortly after his family bereavement. Very moving. 

Lynne99
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pink Floyd at Earls Court in 1994. A band I grew up listening to whilst going through all the twists and turns of puberty but relating to their songs.  So in 1994 I got to see them live and they didn't disappoint. What an emotional roller-coaster bringing back childhood memories, good and bad. Superb atmosphere, entrancing visuals and a crystal lotus flower opening up from a gigantic disco ball suspended above our heads. Unforgettable!

Lou Lou and Take That who were a couple of rows in front of us also appeared to be enthralled by it all.

I still think about that experience and how it made me feel. ... ALIVE!

DavidFo_1683754
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The Ian Gillian Band at the Marque in the mid eighties.  An intimate and famous venue with a long history.  Absolutely rammed, hot sweaty and fantastic.   we were about 1ft from the small stage which was surrounded by the most enormous speakers.  Not exactely stripped back but raw and powerful.  

DavidHar_435066
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The Eagles at Bingley Hall on their Hotel California tour 1977...and my first ever gig!!  What a first gig eh?! 😆🎸