Did you mean:ย 

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0157_Summer_Giveaway_Featured_Post_600x420px_Opt1@1x.png

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

From a posh picnic to a grand getaway!

Would jetting off with a friend to Europe for a fabulous 4* city break complete your summer?

Well, itโ€™s one of the BIG prizes up for grabs in our huge summer giveaway โ€“ win 3 nights in a 4* hotel for two with return flights, private airport transfers, travel insurance and ยฃ200 spending money. And when it comes to choosing the destination, youโ€™re the boss. Take your pick of return flights from selected UK airports to either Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Lisbon, Paris, Prague, Rome or Stockholm. The prize is worth over ยฃ2,500!

Thatโ€™s not all, thereโ€™s loads of these great prizes up for grabs too:

• Fortnum & Mason picnic hampers x 5
  • Luxury three-piece luggage sets from Rock x 5
  • GoPro HERO 12 cameras x 5
  • Beats SOLO 4 wireless headphones x 5
  • Tile Pro 4 pack (to keep track of your luggage) x 5
  • Tile Pro 2 pack x 10

HOW CAN I WIN BIG?

Itโ€™s so easy. Just answer this question to be entered into the prize draw for your chance to bag our grand getaway or one of our other super prizes:

• What is your best hack for summer getaway?

The Prize Draw opens 22/07/24 at 10:00 and closes on 01/09/24 at 11:59 (โ€œPromotion Periodโ€). 

To enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and have an active plan as at the end date of the Promotion Period.  Entrants must have registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period and be over 18 years of age and a UK resident (โ€œEligible Entrantsโ€).

Only one entry per entrant. Winners will be selected at random.

For full terms click here

Team SMARTY

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries. Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had almost three thousand posts !

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

2,845 REPLIES 2,845

DingosKidney
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pack man made fibre clothes that can be washed in the shower with normal soap and dry in a couple of hours, as opposed to cotton.  This way, you can take less clothes, use smaller suitcases (maybe just under the seat bags) and save on airline costs and have less weight to carry.

DingosKidney
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Only take man made fibre cloths, which don't wrinkle and can be washed in the shower at your hotel using shower gel and then dry within a couple of hours.  You can take less clothes, a smaller case and avoid the airline costs for checked bags and maybe just take an under the seat bag.

pvlub
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Stay flexible and open-minded. Sometimes the best memories come from unplanned adventures or spontaneous detours. Donโ€™t be afraid to get off the beaten track and explore something unexpected. After all, travel is not only about the destination, but also about the journey and the little surprises along the way.

DanRobi_2315741
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Plan what you want to do on your getaway but don't overthink it. Make sure your bank and phone provider know you're going away!

Alexand_1820307
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Make a Shared List of different places you want to visit on Google Maps and share with your family so you can all see where and how to get everywhere and favourite your hotel to easier find it when looking for directions to travel back!

Alexand_1820307
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Make a shared list of places to visit on Google Maps and share with your family

MikeBer_1797484
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Packing cubes for organising your stuff.

Book a free walking tour in any city you go to! Great way to find things to do.

DonnaWi_1949457
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Take an empty bottle

security regulations that forbid liquids in bottles over 100 ml, but there's no rule that says you can't take on an empty bottle of any size. To avoid hefty charges for bottled water, simply bring your own (unfilled) plastic bottle and fill it from a drinking water tap once you're airside.

Ghislai_1361007
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Get sun protection lotions that only need to be applied once and follow the instructions to apply before you go out and wait for a short time. Game changer! (Do think about re-aplying if you have a long swim and a vigorous towelling though.)

Ghislai_1361007
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Get sun protection lotions that only need to be applied once and follow the instructions to apply before you go out and wait for a short time. Game changer! 

MarkWeatherill
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Always make a random checklist of random things.

SusanPos_139509
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Donโ€™t bother getting Krone, Krona, whatever, if youโ€™re going to Scandinavia. Hardly anywhere takes cash.

Richard_2871359
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Take a short uk 4way extension lead

to plug all your adapters in

Henry6
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Try visiting lesser-known destinations to avoid high costs and crowds while discovering hidden gems.

Carolyn_2668653
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Make sure your mobile is fully loaded with a Smarty plan and you won't go wrong.

Elizabe_2202043
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

One street back from the tourists I tend to find almost everything less expensive from hostels to food

MarkWils_589131
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

If I'm looking for accommodation in a new location i generally do a search for coffee shops on google maps. A few clustered together usually means a good location as it has enough foot traffic to support them.

Niknik7334
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Research where you are going, pack light and enjoy! 

Niknik7334
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Research where you are going, pack light & enjoy! x

Finley_Ryan
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best hack is to plan trips just before or after peak summer season. The weather is still great, but you can avoid the crowds and save money on flights and accommodation.

wordsfromsarah
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Download Google maps offline to save your precious data!

KarinPat_969114
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Research the area to make the most of what's on offer. Learn the language for Please and thank you,  vacuum pack your clothes to create space and cut down on.hold luggage. 

LyndaMa_2647573
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Use Travel Cubes they are brilliant! 

alex621
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

It's a good idea to plan what you are going to wear everyday so you don't take any clothes that you don't need

Francesc_526699
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Leave it to the last minute so you know you have a week with nice weather, no strikes or other issues to stress you out, and you can pick up an amazing bargain too!!

ZoeMello_462139
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Preparation is key! Check out reviews for activities, places to go, things to see and places to eat before you go so you donโ€™t miss out on those hidden treasures! 

ChrisKn_1966756
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Always share the clothes out between suitcases incase one gets lost - that way youโ€™ll have something to wear should the unthinkable happen. Same with toiletries and the sunscreen!

PaulLeT
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pack travel wash so you can wash and rewear clothes, you can then pack light

FionaNo_2187314
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Hi my best summer hack is rolling up all my clothes in my suitcase, they stay uncreased and it gives you more room, i also take a mini bottle of citronella with me everywhere just incase those mosquitos decide to attack! Happy holidays ๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿงณ๐ŸŒž โœˆ๏ธ ๐Ÿ•ถ๏ธ i am a smarty member and have a contract with you! Thanks  fiona ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

FionaNo_2187314
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Roll you clothes up, will avoid it creases and gives you loads more room in your suitcase for those extra essentials, plus always take a mini bottle of citronella with you just incase those mosquitoes decide to come out and play! โœˆ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘™๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ•ถ๏ธ๐Ÿงณ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

MeganWi_2760
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

If you are travelling hand luggage only, place an order for your toiletries at the boots after security at the airport, t

MeganWi_2760
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

If you are travelling hand luggage only, place a click and collect order of toiletries from boots in thr Airport after security, that way you can take items larger than 100ml.

1962Simon
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Packing cubes make organising for holidays so much simpler and convenient!

Samanth_2389825
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Make sure you have enough water

AnjaWil_2069229
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Summer Getaway Best Hack - dive in to nature and stay immersed in your surroundings

AnjaWil_2069229
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best getaway hack - being among nature immersing selves in the local environmentsโ€ฆfor healing and soothing wellbeing and health

ZofiaRi_2889447
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

If you have points racked up from frequent flying or hotel usage use these to pay all or some of your costs. It works out cheaper for that special getaway. My husband used his airline points to pay for return business class tickets for us both to New Zealand and then he used his hotel points to get us  hotel stays for our stopover both ways. They were collected over a working lifetime mind but, boy, they were worth doing for that memorable holiday!!

Greenyellow
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Put a lanyard on your phone and keep it fastened to you. Should stop it being lost, stolen or dropped. Everything I need for my travels are on my phone and loosing it would be a nightmare.

LouiseWi_320802
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Don't be afraid to travel solo. Work ti your own timetable, less stress and a great way to meet new people. 

AshleyMo_695853
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
Book well in advance and go for off-peak dates and then you'll have more money to spend whilst you're on the holiday!