Did you mean: 

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0157_Summer_Giveaway_Featured_Post_600x420px_Opt1@1x.png

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

From a posh picnic to a grand getaway!

Would jetting off with a friend to Europe for a fabulous 4* city break complete your summer?

Well, it’s one of the BIG prizes up for grabs in our huge summer giveaway – win 3 nights in a 4* hotel for two with return flights, private airport transfers, travel insurance and £200 spending money. And when it comes to choosing the destination, you’re the boss. Take your pick of return flights from selected UK airports to either Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Lisbon, Paris, Prague, Rome or Stockholm. The prize is worth over £2,500!

That’s not all, there’s loads of these great prizes up for grabs too:

• Fortnum & Mason picnic hampers x 5
  • Luxury three-piece luggage sets from Rock x 5
  • GoPro HERO 12 cameras x 5
  • Beats SOLO 4 wireless headphones x 5
  • Tile Pro 4 pack (to keep track of your luggage) x 5
  • Tile Pro 2 pack x 10

HOW CAN I WIN BIG?

It’s so easy. Just answer this question to be entered into the prize draw for your chance to bag our grand getaway or one of our other super prizes:

• What is your best hack for summer getaway?

The Prize Draw opens 22/07/24 at 10:00 and closes on 01/09/24 at 11:59 (“Promotion Period”). 

To enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and have an active plan as at the end date of the Promotion Period.  Entrants must have registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period and be over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”).

Only one entry per entrant. Winners will be selected at random.

For full terms click here

Team SMARTY

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries. Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had almost three thousand posts !

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

2,842 REPLIES 2,842

ruebebthat
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I use some plastic bottles with a drip-cap thing I purchased from aliexpress to keep plants hydrated when I'm gone they're pretty neat I think

Valerie_2798773
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smart planning, little packing.

MarkWar_1582517
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like to get cheap last minute holiday cancellations. Using websites like cheekytrip.com and moneysavingexpert.com give me great tips and offers for last minute deals. As long as you're ready with your travel documents, luggage, etc and able to leave midweek for example then there are some great last minute deals out there.

se16
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best hack is to travel light: really think about how much stuff you will actually use and don’t make your journey uncomfortable by taking more than you need! 😎

Jacqueli_347715
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Don’t go anywhere without your Smarty sim - and remember to adjust your settings before you leave the UK

IanStot_2664495
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

IanStot_2664495

Be flexible with dates and times when booking flights.

Caroline2113257
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

do research, and check out  reviews 

Terence_2236689
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Don’t take the kids🤣

HowardG_2841681
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Keeping it cool and breezy in a hassle free zone going at a pace to suit to a place to love. 

Vanessa_2599985
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Try out local cuisine and restaurants where locals go!

SimeonC_2479626
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack less than you think you need, it’s easy to re-wear outfits and even do laundry if you need - much easier than dragging round extra luggage

Dim_Das
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack your mind and take more money 

Anjey_Maxwell
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

1) Set aside a budget for your summer vacation.
2) Decide which country you are interested in visiting.
3) Plan an active vacation: Visit beaches, mountain landscapes or parks. Active rest will add energy and positive impressions.
4) Try local food and drinks. This is a great way to get to know the culture and flavors of the region.
5) Take pictures: Preserve memories by taking pictures of beautiful places and moments. You can then share them with friends and family.
Let your summer vacation be unforgettable! 😎🏝🌞

KatySpen_778108
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

tiktok is the best travel guide! I have found some incredible places to try that I never would have come across if it wasnt for reviews!

Shariss_2353204
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Talcum powder to get rid of sand on feet!

SuzM
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Have all your travel documents on your phone, including pictures of your passport and also pictures of your luggage. 

DarranH_2836710
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Someone else has already said "lots of lists" which is a great hack, but simply reading Trip Advisor reviews of the venue you are staying at gives you lots of handy hints to prevent you getting into a spot whilst you're away from home!

Titch18
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My Summer getaway hack would be to put cling film between the caps and bottles of any liquids such as shampoo/conditioner/body wash/sun screen you will be taking with you, alongside storing them in a separate bag to reduce and contain any spillages. This will protect your clothes and other luggage, whilst also reducing the risk of losing half of your toiletries on your journey 😊

SarahMa_1247679
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

If going to a beach then pack talcum powder to use when leaving to get the sand of your feet.

damianl_2880109
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

We all know about airport security regulations that forbid liquids in bottles over 100 ml, but there's no rule that says you can't take on an empty bottle of any size. To avoid silly charges for bottled water,  bring your own (unfilled) plastic bottle and fill it from a drinking water tap once you're airside.

KerryVal_452718
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Travel hand luggage only 

ThomasI_1047216
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Join Jack’s Flight Club & select the premium membership for cheap flight alerts via email or the dedicated mobile app & information & helpful tips on holiday destinations.

Mark-Anthony
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Use Google flights for cheap flights 

Jennifer8888
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Plenty of research beforehand to make a rough itinerary to jampack as much bargain-based sightseeing in as possible. Take paper copies of tickets & maps incase your phone dies; speaking of which, a couple of battery packs & spare charging cables are helpful.

Kimberl_2815946
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Wearing swimming costume under clothes so I'm always beach ready.

LeeGardn_128931
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Research the place you are visiting to find all the best restaurants and places to visit nearby

TonyAsk_1417086
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Do some research before you go and create a list of things you want to see, do or experience. Book as much in advance as possible to save disappointment and to make savings. Allow some flexibility to allow for spontaneity.  

Lefay8
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Taken an empty pillowcase with you that way if your suitcase is too heavy you can take some stuff out put it in the pillowcase and you won't get charged for excess baggage and you'll have a comfortable journey. 

DavePla_1628912
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Always trawl ALL of the holiday sites, plus look at breaking it into separate flights, hotel and car hire. Spend at least half a day on organising the trip, and be flexible as to exactly when you can go. Check what 'all inclusive' actually includes because lots of places now put s limit on the type and amount of alcohol you can have free. Remember, anywhere in southern Europe, alcohol is very cheap, so don't judge it on UK prices.

AR2099
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Always pack a reusable water bottle.

srobbo71
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Look for deals and vouchers on deal and cashback sites

Mrrix32
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

If you have any electronics that you need to charge while abroad, take a UK powerstrip (bonus points if it has USB ports) and one international adaptor.

sophieh_2206620
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack heavy item first - place heavier item near the bottom of the suitcase (close to wheels) to distribute weight evenly. Make sure you check the weight so you’re not over the limit! 

sophieh_2206620
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack Heavier Items FirstPlace heavier items near the bottom of your suitcase (closer to the wheels) to distribute the weight evenly. Use the luggage scale to ensure these heavier items don’t push you over the weight limit.

RachelDa_865434
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Research. YouTube vlogs are a great way to understand an area before you travel and see if it fits with your requirements of a holiday destination. Google maps will give you all the information about accommodation in an area as well as restaurants and menus so you can check prices are in your budget.

Michael_1428357
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best 'life hack' is a mental one. As time goes on live life to the fullest. Release the mental barriers. 

Michael_1428357
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best 'life hack' is a mental one. As time goes on live life to the fullest. Release the mental barriers.

ShannonC_410137
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Minimalistic packing and using shein bags to vacuum pack clothes to fit more in carry bag

ShannonC_410137
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Minimalistic packing and using shein bags to vacuum pack clothes to fit more in carry bag

Maureen_1592983
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Making sure I have my mobile phone in Europe to benefit from Smarty free roaming.