Did you mean: 

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0157_Summer_Giveaway_Featured_Post_600x420px_Opt1@1x.png

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

From a posh picnic to a grand getaway!

Would jetting off with a friend to Europe for a fabulous 4* city break complete your summer?

Well, it’s one of the BIG prizes up for grabs in our huge summer giveaway – win 3 nights in a 4* hotel for two with return flights, private airport transfers, travel insurance and £200 spending money. And when it comes to choosing the destination, you’re the boss. Take your pick of return flights from selected UK airports to either Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Lisbon, Paris, Prague, Rome or Stockholm. The prize is worth over £2,500!

That’s not all, there’s loads of these great prizes up for grabs too:

• Fortnum & Mason picnic hampers x 5
  • Luxury three-piece luggage sets from Rock x 5
  • GoPro HERO 12 cameras x 5
  • Beats SOLO 4 wireless headphones x 5
  • Tile Pro 4 pack (to keep track of your luggage) x 5
  • Tile Pro 2 pack x 10

HOW CAN I WIN BIG?

It’s so easy. Just answer this question to be entered into the prize draw for your chance to bag our grand getaway or one of our other super prizes:

• What is your best hack for summer getaway?

The Prize Draw opens 22/07/24 at 10:00 and closes on 01/09/24 at 11:59 (“Promotion Period”). 

To enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and have an active plan as at the end date of the Promotion Period.  Entrants must have registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period and be over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”).

Only one entry per entrant. Winners will be selected at random.

For full terms click here

Team SMARTY

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries. Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had almost three thousand posts !

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

2,835 REPLIES 2,835

PeteEll_1319497
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Some headphones and a good book is all you need.

Oh and don’t forget your toothbrush, sun cream and your passport.

MollySh_2666049
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Search the city by Instagram location and use the map feature to find the best spots!

Jonatha_1817215
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Bring a big inflatable pillow to put in the footwell of your plane seat, hey presto your baby has a lie-flat bed!

AndrewH_1642255
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Go for a short break holiday!

GarethSa_615778
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Do not hold on too tight. Relax and enjoy.

AndrewH_1642255
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Go for a short break 

KeithSi_1907809
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Travel at night. Booking overnight flights or train rides can save you money on accomodation and often come up with cheaper fares. It can give you more time for daytime activities.

Michael_Eric
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Don’t forget the Sunscreen ☀️

DewiPenn_348402
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Don’t go during the school holidays

Dmytro_Titov
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

the best vacation is a vacation on the seashore with your family

Buttercup85
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the once a day sun lotions for my family. 

Different SPFs to suit the varying requirements and I know my family are protected from the sun all day long without the constant battle of reapplication, meaning more time for fun in and out of the water! 👌🏻😎

NiallGl_2143807
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Go with the flow. The only real essentials are your passport and your credit card 😁

SeanDe_2563955
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like to freeze aloe Vera gel in ice cubes to put on sunburn 

AndrewCl_696546
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Muji packing cubes. 

Minieri04
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

QUIT YOUR JOB!! 

MariusC_1492830
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Reviews

Marvin7xx
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I’ve no money, and no work in summer - i volunteer for all sorts, hopefully I’ll find someone needing a carer/ companion to take me away from this palce

LeanneS_2717275
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pay for any checked in bags online before travelling as usually much cheaper than paying for them at the airport 😉

CherylH_2445622
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pegs!  Don't just use them for hanging up your wet bathing costumes.  These days we are all conscious of the damage to your skin caused by the sun - use your pegs for pinning a sarong between two parasols to make a big shady area, pegging a sarong along the side of a parasol to stay in the shade when the sun moves round.  They come in handy for lots of things.  Never forget your pegs!

Minieri04
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

QUIT YOUR JOB! 

SeanDe_2563955
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like to put aloe Vera gel in the freezer as ice cubes and put them on sun burn

DavidLl_1987564
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Take your favourite coffee mug 🍺🍻

AlexRodr_347077
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Booking flights - I’ll book using a private web browser and check if booking two one way flights is more cost effective than a return flight (which usually happens A LOT and helps me save money) 

NeilBai_1753644
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Book early, avoid trendy resorts and stay 1km inland for cheaper and better accommodation.

DAVIDBE_1980893
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

If you have a favoured hotel, register and get on their mailing list. A good way to get unbeatable discounts. Book when the price is right but opt for free cancellation until close to the trip. If the price drops substantially, you can book again and cancel the original reservation. Check regularly and use a website like Pruvo to monitor prices and alert you automatically if a better deal becorms available. 

AnneB
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Book way in advance and use miles built up in the credit card. Don’t fly direct from the UK as the taxes are super high. Take cheap flight to the cheapest place you can get a long haul return. Network to find places to stay for free - house sit, dog sit etc and be flexible!!

DMartin_1235689
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

It is quite a well used one now days.
Roll your clothing rather than folding.
Think about what you are taking, don't over pack.

MarkSad_2001524
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Read up on where you are going and plan out at lest a few days of things you want to do before you go

PamelaD_2274236
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Plan well, pack light, switch off and relax.

Moozi
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Go somewhere new and befriend a local to get a true vibe of the place and the inside scoop, as well as making friends everywhere you go!

Caroline_410593
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Always have a portable charger with you - you can check the weather on the go, use the map to find local landmarks and look up the best out-of-the-way restaurants to go to

PhilAsh_1835950
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Try to go through central search separately . The first gives all the valuables to the second and goes through with the rest of their stuff. You often get stopped or sanded etc and your stuffs come out the X-ray before you get to it when it’s highly vulnerable to theft laptops phones money passport etc. The partner holds back allowing a couple to go before they present the valuables for x ray. In that way even if they are delayed by being searched the first person through is already in a position to scoop them up and secure them before someone else does. It’s the most vulnerable time if the holiday and the search staff don’t seem to recognise  how easily the holiday could be ruined before it’s even started. 

ErinMann_140428
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Bring a mini pump to vacuum pack all clothing. Best hack ever...

JamesSco_453359
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Always book last minute to get best deals

AnaMoni_2326462
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best hack is to go where my heart takes me and live fully every single moment. 

Moragbu_2625974
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

To win this competition 

Unfrag
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Put on a backpack and explore the natural landscapes and food that the place has to offer.

AllanLee_230983
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Buy Saturday flights, preferably Saturday evening. These are cheaper than other days of the week. You'll save money! 

JULIEWRI_484313
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I roll clothes up tightly when I put them into the suitcase so that I can get more in!

Victori_2287651
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best hack for a Summer getaway is to plan your trips there beforehand so you know what you’re going to do each day to make your getaway worthwhile! A good app for that is get your guide.