YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,071 REPLIES 1,071

brendans_127728
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The classic device i would choose to be updated would be the iconic (Sony) Walkman...what a buzz that would be to see their re-appearance albeit in a digital form...(record players did it so why not..)? 🙂 

brendans_127728
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The classic device I would love to see reappear on the scene is the Iconic (Sony) Walkman. how cool were they..?  Pure nostalgia value would be awesome...(Record players managed it into the digital age...so why not walkmans...)? 😊

Maureen_1279070
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Has to be my mobile Oppo A9 ,it has been a lifesaver last few months ,connecting me to outside world without any problems 

Master
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Id like to see phones able to project huge displays when wanted & needed with everything a modern/future computer has all wrapped up in a portable device. 
that is a device able to do all we need 

affordable to people even on Benefits 

cloud based with zero extra cost so when apple can’t cure a fault, it’s easier to reinstall our data on a fresh iOS or new device & so that when our devices are stolen we can safely wipe them without loosing our important manuscript or latest homework or tax return or important piece of code we’ve been developing. 

Adam_lava
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

1: What I like best about my current devices, the Xbox and the iPhone 11 Pro Max, is how dependable and smooth they are to use, as well as how quickly they download games.

2: One classic device that I would like to see updated if technology issues were no problem, is the PlayStation Portable 3000 (PSP). I would love to see it support 5GHz WiFi so that it can offer faster internet speeds and better connectivity.

3: Some future features I'd like to see in mobile technology include wireless charging for other devices, such as earbuds, so you don't have to find a cable to charge them. Furthermore, I would like to see future devices make it easier for users to replace parts in their phones if something breaks.

KeithB1
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What do you love most about your current devices?

I love that my phone, ipad and macbook all work together - sharing data and apps makes moving from one place to another easy and fun.

UKDS
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My current tech is Samsung S22 Ultra 1024GB. The beauty of this phone is the integration of the S-pen inside the device. It tackled the issues of having to choose between a Galaxy Note and a Galaxy flagship device.

Cunny22
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi community. My favourite bit of tech is my oppo pro 5g smart phone it's smooth fast and it really comes together with my 5g smarty app . Great partnership . They work well together . I'm so glad I switched. I can hotspot my tablet and my other gadgets seamlessly. Thanks smarty . 👍

medokn
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Cannot wait for more durable and cheaper foldables in the future!

Ricardo_1365848
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love to see the Palm Pre updated

Mhussain1998
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What do you love most about your current devices? 

So I own a Samsung Galaxy note 10 plus. Have owned it for over 3 years now. Great all round phone. Fast doesn't lag, good camera and S pen is full of features. I think Samsung notes is my favourite feature as I take lots of notes and you can use the S pen to draw and do other things other than just typing text. Also it's one of few phones nowadays with a micro sd card slot which is a rare these days. Nowadays you don't need to upgrade your phone every 2 years as phones are so advanced as well as the cameras. 

What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

Any previous phone that has micro sd card slot, removable battery, headphone jack, IR blaster. I'm sure there's more but can't think of any. So basically old Android phones. 

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

No sim card. Especially useful if you regularly change your plan or sim card gets damaged. 

Holographic displays. Would make gaming and watching TV and movies more immersive. 

RoCoUK
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Are you ready for the tech-savvy ramblings of a proud Pixel pro 7 owner and Nokia 8210 fanboy? Here we go!

First things first, let's talk about my Google Pixel pro 7 - the camera is like a magic wand, capturing every precious moment of my kids growing up. No more missing a milestone because I couldn't find my camera!

Next up, the Nokia 8210. A blast from the past, this classic candybar phone was ahead of its time. But, can you imagine if it had today's technology? A compact size, a camera that would make Instagram jealous, internet access, and the ability to WhatsApp all our friends and pretend we're still cool. Yes, please!

And last but not least, the everlasting battery. Can you hear the choir of exhausted parents singing hallelujah? No more plugging in devices at bedtime, no more scrambling for an outlet at the airport, no more rationing screen time to make it through the day. The future is here, people!

So, there you have it, my love letter to tech. A Pixel pro 7, a Nokia 8210 2.0, and everlasting batteries - together they're the trifecta of tech heaven!

thomasT_1473545
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of tech is the superb smarty app  and my new iPad . All I need is a new smartphone to complete my days 

TonyWhit_345048
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Galaxy tablet

Vivinvinod
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like my laptop and its versatility in being able to do anything I need an electronic device to do, I use it to watch shows and play games. Its battery life could be better but apart from that it's great

Ro_1417676
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? I love the flashlight , no rumaging for a torch
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? Nokia 3310 of course
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? Enhance facial  / fingerprint recognitions to interact with tech in house and car

RogerFi_1669533
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the I-phone simple user interface

Fh3861
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I would like to see the Nokia e63 updated! It was an amazing phone (with a fixed keyboard) and was from the time when Nokia had hands down the best maps software - it was great for traveling and rural areas with poor signal because you could download the map for an entire country easily. 

MelisaY_1587120
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'd like to see a mobile phone that has a screen that works just as well in broad sunlight as it does indoors...without overheating and draining the battery!

NidhiHa_1419898
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the families size of my 3rd Generation iPhone SE. It’s easy to hold and navigate and it has good camera quality with a smashing batter. All the features one could wish for. 🙂

NidhiHa_1419898
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my 3rd Generation iPhone SE as it has a familiar screen size, easy to hold and navigate. It has a good battery life and camera quality also, all the features on could need. 🙂

GlennHi_1641427
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Future tech for mobile would be to retain the display quality of eg my S21 but add the ability of a device  to change its screen state when needed to that of something like a Kindle to have the screen read in direct sunlight in any conditions.

Steffan_1851338
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like the fact my current phone has a good size screen which I can play games, watch programs or good size to message.

Crispy4head
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my IPad as I can do my work on the go and watch my favourite series at the same time which is so convenient 

jonnyphone
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Bluetooth "5.2/LE Audio/LC3plus" standard on all earbuds and mobile phones would be nice in future.  

KEVINWA_1511344
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

i love my laptop although it being an old model it still give's me good access to the thing going on in the world,

Redflag
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Sat nav on any device has got to be it for me.

The hours it used to take going through maps writing the route down, I don't miss it

TerenceB_781465
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I like my phone

woodyuk
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

We have a Huawei B535 home router that my Smarty sim sits in and saves us quite a bit of money a year because we pay Smarty £20 a month and we have a static caravan in Lincolnshire that we use a lot during the year as I work from home these days so can work anywhere I have an internet connection so all we do when we go there is unplug the router at home,take it with us and bring it back home when we return.The router cost about £60 refurbished which I didn't think was bad and the £20 a month we pay to Smarty gives us the equivalent of home broadband at two different addresses so that'll do nicely.

KarenDry_441610
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my smart phone ( just needs someone smart to use it)  i  can buy things, read, find information, find recipes,  play games and much more. I really love it. Battery doesn't last very long and a newer phone would be better. I can't live without my phone.

PxKn_1615637
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hi,

Q:

A:

How about putting a Hydrogen Fuel Cell into a mobile ?

MichaelaPeinado
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my smartphone on android. I can do a wide variety of things on it, for business and pleasure purposes!

Johnmye_1749157
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Well I have just got my first iPhone it’s a 12 pro always had Androids phones and always said I would never buy a iPhone because  you can’t remove memory or battery them days but now a days most phones have fixed batteries very happy with this iPhone up to now a lot more stable then Android and a lot less adds very surprised at the apps available now so there we go 60+ years old and only just started using a iPhone.

K33BRO
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? I can connect with all my family who i am away from Via facetime, email, zoom, text etc.
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? I would like Something for Children to put in the bag> A smart device which would act as tracker
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? A lot more storage without having to pay extra and really good battery life.

Thank you

K33BRO
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Can*

Jolanta_1836992
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of tech is my phone. I can call my electric gate to get it to open.

Kneebone
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The thing I would most like to see in future mobile tech is vastly increased battery life. If we are moving towards battery-led life (cars, etc) surely this must be a viable ask.

tarquel
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I would like to see further improvements focusing on security and phishing blocking that are built in to a device or OS with a user-centric focus to allow easy adoption.

Jennife_1003227
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I've had huawei phones for about 6years and I like their versatility but the battery life can be improved on. classic devices to be updated, nothing quite like having a decent FM radio to help fill in your day. as for future features -  leave it as is. I don't trust 5G and 6G. Also, good luck to all.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I love that my iPhone and iPad work together seamlessly - a hot-spot for my iPad when there's no Wi-Fi network, or answer calls with my iPad when my iPhone's nearby but iPad is closer.