YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,071 REPLIES 1,071

Toby_1610028
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the amount of storage I have on my phone, I can have a range of games at my fingertips when I'm travelling, or waiting for a friend. In future I'd love to see tech with durable screens again! I remember my gameboy colour and nintendo ds had indestructible screens, you could drop them down a flight of stairs and they wouldn't even scratch. Now, all screens seem more prone to shattering.

LeeRobin_575501
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my Samsung Ultra Note...a mix of great mobile with a stylus and ability to take notes on the go.

RosinaP_1665027
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Headphones. I can listen to books, music, videos, calls and video chat. They can be used for all devices

DanielJo_181674
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the apps available on iPhone the most like ways and virgin go I use on my iPhone xr

Scousephilly
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love all new technology. I am an older person. I never dreamed we would have so many useful devices and apps, when I was a child growing up. WOW!

ataraxia
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What do you love most about your current devices?
  • The camera
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • Game Boy
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?
  • Much longer battery life

jhm2704
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My smart phone enables me to be in contact with those who matter to me most wherever they are and whenever they need me.  I love being able to see and speak face to face. 

Martin58
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my iPhone because it helps me with all aspects of my life, I can switch on lights, control the heating, listen to music, book a holiday, check my finances, and do so many more things, as well of course video calling someone!

Martin58
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my iPhone because it’s so versatile and helps me with so many aspects of my life from switching on the lights, controlling the heating, booking a holiday, taking a picture, checking my finances, listening to music, catching up with friends, and it can even monitor my health, what a great bit of kit. 👍

Madelen_1649518
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Huion kamvas ~ it really is my favourite tech I own. I can use it with any computer and has held for four years now, with me using it virtually every day!

yahyasqr
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

My favourite bit of tech is my iPhone SE 2020, it's probably the best budget camera in the market, or was at least until the iPhone SE 2022 came out. If I were to win the prize, I'd most likely use it to make content for social media.

Matthew_1071574
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the fast charging and long battery life on my phone

NormanB_1750266
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My HUAWEI Wi-Fi dongle allows me to keep in touch on all my devices at once

Ricky
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the speed and durability of my oppo, its similar spec to competition prize with snapdragon 695 which works flawlesly.

I like the big ram we can get now so no more stuttering and loading pages.

I like the close range AI cameras too now.

I would like to see a module phone where you can upgrade things as and when you want with out the need for repair shops or totaly dead phone, like the google project that was canceled, you could swap out what ever and upgrade. I feel it will be like that one day.

I would like to see smarty fix the disconnecting issues that alot of us have, it aint nice and you cant game with it doing that every 5min.

And most of all id like to see the prices kept down and phones afordable so everyone can have same advantages..

Stevenfo_652299
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'd like to see a much stronger telephoto lens on a phone to catch those not to be missed moments like the wildlife that's just out of focus .

UolDnaNad
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like my v old MacBook, it still keeps up with today's demands, and the case has survived better than newer devices, and the keyboard is so comfortable to use.

Jabba29
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

my Aeropex bone conducting headphones, I can wear them all day and not notice, they don't effect my hearing, Bluetooth 5, answer calls. battery last 2days, tbh they are brilliant. 

suki
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my samsung phone - great size and so easy to use for lots of different apps

RayStile_539318
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A new feature I would like to see for mobile technology would be the ability to recharge the device by capturing the energy I create whilst walking or jogging. Perhaps this would be energy converted by shock absorbers in shoes.

Elizabet_224056
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my phone as I can use it as a clock, planner, step counter, camera, photo album, music player, to keep in touch with friends and family and to keep up-to-date with work emails!

FionaCl_1060562
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Having a smart phone that can be carried around in a pocket is so useful. Love being able to communicate with family and friends anywhere, as I have family living abroad, and like to travel myself, I can send messages and photos to them anytime.

JR_98393
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The features I would like to see from mobile tech is free wifi connections powered by smarty is certain popular locations. To automatically reduce the noise crashes in a call whilst on a phone.

Elizabeth_70872
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Amazon Firestick as it saved me buying a new TV!

Microbe
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Samsung Galaxy Z flip 4 as its so small it fits easily into my pocket

Marjory_1308291
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Having fingerprint authentication for payment apps is very useful and, hopefully, more secure than passwords.

Killerunderpant
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Bluetooth. Bluetooth. Bluetooth. I love my Bluetooth headphones. I've got a set for work, a set for cycling, Bluetooth connected motorcycle helmet, Bluetooth ear defenders for work and a Bluetooth sleep mask. Music and podcasts everywhere I go.

LynseyKi_958011
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like that my Redmi note 10 has turbo charge, great cameras and excellent sound quality for music 🎵😀

Prioty8106
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My Apple IPhone.

failee98
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Future features for mobile devices would be very low power consumption and with ultra high capacity batteries so that the device would last for months instead of days. The battery would be solar power recharged from the screen of the device so that it never needs to be plugged in.

JohnGrim_113391
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love everything about my Samsung phone... nearly. If it could reach fully charged in half the time it would be perfect. For the future, a phone whose shape prevented fingers holding the device from touching the screen and altering its content would save a lot of grief!

PeterMea_329928
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Motorola smartphone with my Smarty SIM as it allows me to use the internet without having a landline.

Just wish my local 4G signal was more reliable.

JasonBa_1078376
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I always used to get laughed at many years ago in the days of the early smartphones when I said I would be more than happy with a 7" screen, here we are with most decent phones having BIG screens & I love it!!!

I can now use as a sat nav & music system in the car controlled by voice. Also it can handle Skydeamon for flight navigation. Bring on the future!

TracyMoor_34206
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my pro 20 & it's functionality. Would love a speedier charging time / better battery life /lower energy consumption. If anything was possible, would it be great if phones were self charging via solar energy

JOSHUAn_1808525
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my current device because it's has 90hz refresh rate.

Classic device I love to see is the GameCube because it introduced me to Zelda.

The future I like to see in mobiles is completely transparent without seeing any components

PaulBur_1561463
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Classic Device Update

I would like my small 3G non-smart phone updated so it links to my smartphone and works on 4G. It is small enough to fit in a small pocket on running shorts for emergency use, but 3G is going to disappear.

JOHNCHIL_512954
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Motorola G50 because it was the reasonably priced device with the features I wanted, particularly NFC. 

Evangel_1303467
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?
Seamless connectivity, Satellite internet connection , new battery technology that will be more efficient for longer period of time.

DavidOat_508943
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It's so easy to use and keep both my phone and computer conected, so I never miss anything.

The thing I would like to see is more conectiverty between all smart devices 

sealemma
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What do you love most about your current devices?

Battery life! Unlike the phones of my friends and family, mine retains battery for at least 24 hours if not more and means I never worry it will suddenly switch off when I’m hiking in the mountains.

What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

The earliest Nokia series mobiles. These were great, solid phones which I never managed to break despite dropping mine on concrete, in water and in sand. They had the fundamental features we needed plus good old snake.

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

Much larger free cloud space so that all my devices could link to only 1 without using up all the capacity, an ‘urgent only’ option which only alerts the user when something important comes in within a chosen period in the day, no planned obsolescence, longer battery life (mine is long relative to others but could still be much better), better cameras on android phones, better resistance to water and impacts.

purple_936345
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I have an iphone 6 which to lots of people would be outdated and dull but to me it's a shiny new magic thing as much as the day I got it!  Prior to that I'd inherited my son's iphone4 which was my first bit of tech.  He showed me how to use it!!!!  I only upgraded to the iphone6 because some of the apps weren't working on it any more.  I think I'm going to have similar problems with the iphone 6 gradually which is a shame as it really does do everything I need.  I find it a shame that things aren't made to be more long lasting.  But then that doesn't make money for anyone does it?!