YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,071 REPLIES 1,071

AndrewH_1098744
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best thing is being able to link up all my other devices and always have my personal and work calendar and ongoing projects to hand.

CornFlakeGirl
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love what I can do with my phone, aside from making calls

MarkLew_1702137
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love a gadget me , my most indispensable item being my Xiaomi 5g mobile. Great value Smarty 5g coverage being a great help to using it to it's full potential .

simkrathore
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love using night mode to take amazing pictures and capture starry skies and fun nights that I couldn't capture in the same way before! It's a tie between that, and the in-built app O Relax, which is nice to use when unwinding or meditating. 

• What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

I like that flip phones have come back, I think it'd be cool to find ways to make phones smaller and lighter and integrate holographs to increase screen size when needed. Seems futuristic.

• What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

It would be really cool to have a printing features on a phone in the same way that we have on a polaroid. There might be a device or accessory that we can have alongside phones that do this already but it would be cool if this was more mainstream.

Kathryn_1393282
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My iphone SE 2nd generation is ideal because it is easy to use.  It has everything I need to organise my life in one place and is a handy size to fit into a bag or pocket.  The camera is very good and is useful for more than holiday snaps.

KatyMcCa_756412
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my iPhone for the calendar and camera. I can keep up to date at the touch of a button and the camera is fantastic for capturing many memories.

as far as future tech from my mobile, I would love to be able to have a journal that I can use but that can be customised by me for me and my exact needs as not found anything that quite hits the spot yet.

MikeWhe_1690737
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My tech is very simple, desktop computer which I use to keep in touch with the two voluntary organisations I support and with a memory sufficient to hold my music.

michaelr_215524
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the fast charging on my current t11 pro and if I could bring back a device it would be the Nokia 1020 with the camera grip, that did take some stunning photos for the time and if they updated it could be the perfect device. 

For a future device maybe a phone that can convert into a desktop that can run actual PC software and games at good speed and not a compromise like current devices 

Stephen_1003445
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'm a big fan of tech, i read t3 magazine. the first benifical tech had to be the sat-nav and recently new phones have pretty much everything on them 

WP
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? I love my Sony Xperia 1 II for Great camera, Great Screen, Great sound, 5G, waterproof and 3.5mm headphone jack.
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? You probably wouldn't like it: DAB radio integrated. The only phone ever on the market was LG Stylus 2.
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? You probably wouldn't like it too: Starlink phones.

Sullivan
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

my favorite bit of tech is the smarty plans. thank you. 

Sullivan
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

5g seems the way forward so 5g as standard in all phones is my tech for the future. 

Lorrain_1025468
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my android phone and would like to be able to have more voice activated commands ie take a photo now 

MandyCh_1740806
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I absolutely love my new Samsung mobile phone my Daughter bought me for Christmas and the cameras are fantastic  and it's fabulous to keep in touch via messages and emails with everyone,  it's just marvellous and at my age technology is mind blowing but whatever this prize phone as to offer i would be happy to learn new technologies. 

Jack0x
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I have an Xbox Series S, Fire HD 8, HP 14S and Honor phone. With SMARTY 5G I can get tasks done quicker thanks to the superfast speed that's offered, it is a lot faster than my home broadband.

If my Internet goes offline I can use my 5G phone as a hot-spot and have zero lag when gaming on Xbox, which is a problem in my home. Or if I need to get things done on Word I can use my phone as a hotspot for the computer.

Thank you 3 and SMARTY 😊 Did me proud. 

DavidAl_1795974
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like my fire pad for watching films and searching the internet while on the move. Ease of use is important and also good price

DavidAl_1795974
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like my fire pad for watching films and easy to do emails while on the move

JonnieP
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

Scanning the groove on an old LP to create a playable sound file would be nice!

YujiaZh_1716204
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I love my iPad as it is such a useful tool for studying! Notability has been a blessing for annotating lecture slides and making my own notes. I would love to upgrade it to an iPad with larger storage though

RichardS_950807
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Honour smart phone.  It connects to my mobile enabling me to track my exercise, heart beat, etc. When I can't find my mobile I select find phone on my watch and the phone gives a cheery "I'm here".

First sentence should read "I love my Honour smart watch".

IainCra_1130185
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

It’s my kindle, so handy to take on holiday loaded with dozens of books rather than lugging tons of paper, especially with the price of baggage!

Arasnave
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the dual apps feature on my smartphone. This allows me to have duplicated versions of some apps on the same device. For example, I have two 'Instagrams' which, as a social media manager, is an absolute lifesaver allowing me to log in to double the number of client accounts.

jasone
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Google Glass.

Sure they were as wonky as VR in the 90's - but who doesn't want their mobile device permanently stuck onto their face? Preferably updated with 4k pixels beaming straight onto your retina and a haptic controller in your pocket (so it looks like you're fiddling with yourself).

That is the future of mobile tech.

KeithWil_226641
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Currently my favourite gadget is my Three 5g router which provides good internet connections for all the items in our house.

GeorgeK_1538406
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My current device is nice and good love to use it using smart network best in UK 

Pedroo
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What I love most about my current Laptop, is that the trackpad is huge. Also, it has a nice screen to frame ratio, which looks sleek. 

Patrici_1223296
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I would like a secure app that recognised and saved data that would be essential to next of kin all in one place.  It would also prompt me to add my end of life preferences etc

Gav_801140
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my virtual wallet on my smartphone. It's super handy, especially if you have no money on you and that dreaded low fuel light pops up on the dash! Got me out of a few scraps!

Minibird1971
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love using my Galaxy Note 10 Plus, especially with the S Pen. So many different things I can do on my phone, as it's so versatile . I've been an Apple fan for many years, but switched over to Android, as its so much better, imo. Smarty is one of the best I have used so far.

Pietro
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Samsung s21 because i can easily connect it to my pc and complete work tasks easily and quickly.

Minty
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Consistency across platforms - e.g. app & website!

Pietro
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'd like to se a reliable projector incorporated to my phone that allows me to multitask and complete certain tasks that otherwise require a pc to complete in order to don't risk to make mistakes.

Maddie15423
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What do you love most about your current devices?

Great battery life and cameras

What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

I pod

Headphone jack

SophieC_1202074
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love how little battery my current devices use. I can fully charge my phone, laptop, Kindle, and wireless earphones and they stay charged for days if I don't use them much.

TracyCa_1350100
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I’d like to see a feature from mobile tech that enables us to fly! 

NeilYeom_673326
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Moto 8 love the battery life and ease of use. Would like better connection via Bluetooth via hearing aids 

DenisBo_1555266
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of the tech is the quick language switcher that allows to swap keyboard and do the autocorrect on words and accents. It's a massive time saver when you write in multiple languages in social media apps, emails, etc. 

TomBray_1586519
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I think it would be great to see  DAB radios on smart phones.  I don't know why they don't have it already, I'm sure the technology is up to date for it. 

ROBERTBRE_82045
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? My Nokia C01 Plus is reliable, seems to have battery power for the length of the day, and its latency and smoothness is great.
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? The classic British Phone Box needs a super futuristic device make over. Where you can access your own phone device through cloud technology inside the tardis.
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? An alarm clock that actually wakes me. Maybe the phone crawls under the covers and starts prodding you lol.