YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,058 REPLIES 1,058

davidne_1444058
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPhone as it’s so fast and easy to use.

LidiaDel_663150
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my phone camera! I used to bring a professional one with me all the time, and although the phone one is still a bit far from reaching the same quality, it's got so much better over time that the photos are almost as good, without the added weight and hassle of carrying big bags! Love it!!

sayedal_1121528
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

1. Camera

2. samsung S shape

3. Fast charging

ColinSim_887868
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

iPhone is my favourite bit of tech. It does so much these days & the quality of photos taken has made my SLR camera virtually redundant.

Jacquie_1430803
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love ❤️ the camera on my phone as I use it all the time for my social media.  

Wicakso_1580910
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I'd like to see the next level mobile tech to be one gadget for all, it can do more than the average current mobile phone can do, it can support holographic conversation, it can used as mini projector and I think it will be beneficial if it can used as laptop replacement with virtual screen and keyboard

StephenSmarty
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my phone but its a bit old and outdated now and the battery don't last so long, its a Samsung galaxy S9 I love had it since launch date. It could have done with better battery life and more cameras as I love to use it to take pics and videos for my YouTube channel. 

Scaniawife
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my smartphone, from being able to do all my day to day needs, to monitor my EV charging, set the car to warm up on winter days before I get in, connect to my pc. I would be lost without it. 

I would love to see the ability to use my phone to project images or videos onto a wall ie be able to watch a film without a tv!

Jon_1973
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Samsung Galaxy Tab is the best ever. They were the first to have a proper write on surface. Perfect for work - take a picture and write all the measurements of the thing right on it, make your notes and then upload as a pdf to the cloud - no lost paper notes ever again.

SimonMi_1602684
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my old Blackberry Z10 even though I can't make calls on it.

pfginne
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of tech is mobile banking. Instant access to my money at home and abroad. Marvellous!

Maureen_1210908
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love my phone watch a lot of films on it ! But it's very old, would love a new phone but I can't afford one as I love being with Smarty 

cAtn0nymous
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

I see AR & VR shaping the mobile app development industry in ways we can’t even imagine. 

StuartAl_733820
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Whenever I get some free time to myself, I like to curl up on the sofa and play my Steam Deck. I love how much power it fits into a handheld device so I can play games around my family. If only it had more battery life!

MarkDonov_28546
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

i love my psmart huewai which is 4g and bluetooth wi-fi and as a payment methode too

AbasNass_235832
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My smartphone is a great solution to be practical in following, emails, bank statements,

investments, chat apps ....

hidestheireyes
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my Microsoft Surface. Very small and light as a laptop but the docking system works very well with multiple monitors and peripherals 

JamesKe_1411090
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like the integration I can have between my devices (laptop, desktop, phone, tablet) so I can easily switch between devices whilst continuing whatever I'm doing.

NikGaji_1729346
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I really love my SkyCaddie Aire (for those that don't know it's a golf GPS device). It's certainly helped my golf game and helped lower my handicap. It's been absolutely brilliant, works on any course, simple to use, effective and great battery life (even after 8 years! To make it absolutely perfect I wish it would update automatically as it's a bit fiddly

TerenceB_781465
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

How do I enter this this is difficult for me as I am quite old

I love my new TV and my phone because they are both wireless

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Hi @TerenceB_781465, thank you for participating. I've seen your other posts on the community and updated your message. You now have a qualifying entry.

Kenneth_1467915
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my new Samsung phone it has a fantastic amount of memory and I can now keep all my details on it

JimboNWUK
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I think one of the best things ever is Amazon Alexa (and family of devices). The kitchen echo can show me who is ringing the Blink doorbell and instantly tell me, for example, how many ccs are in a tablespoon as well as setting timers for boiling eggs and doing roasts etc. Amazingly versatile. And if you are disabled like my Bro-in-law, it also lets you control compatible devices like his LG TV and lets him call his wife remotely if he needs her. Finally it can fill the house with music just by saying "Alexa play [radio station] everywhere and all the house devices will play synchronised music. Just brilliant.

PierreBe_40389
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my A52S, it's got a great size, great specs and very good price when I bought it. I don't feel I need a flagship phone when this does it all very neatly.

PTrishDK
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? I love how many different things I can do on them. work, games, shopping, photos, films… probably more!
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? I loved my old razer v3 and would like to see more folding or flip phones at affordable prices. I would even be happy if it had an area on the device of the old metal keypad from the razer. It was so satisfying to press. Or, take the old phone as it looked and change the screen to a bigger one with modern tech.
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? I would like smaller, fold out devices and tech linking to headset spectacles.

RODLEDI_1316430
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my smart phone because it allows me to do so many things, navigation, email, smart home controls, access information, watch tv/movies, work and play all in one handy device. What I really want is the power to handle multiple apps at once and therefore a longer battery life and the memory to cope together with healthcare apps and capabilities. Longer battery life also means that I need faster charging.

JodieLow_135435
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I would love a kitchen planner device, you scan in all items (food, cooking devices) it helps you meal plan then, giving you the cheapest meals and ways to cook. It then orders your food from the cheapest supplier online, it could be attached to all kitchen equipment to help prep the meal.

RODLEDI_1316430
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I use multiple portable devices but I love my Smart Phone because I can do so much on the one device these days. I can do my Online Banking, handle emails, play games, search out information, navigate, Stream music, stream TV and Movies, take Pictures and Videos and handle documents. I could do with more sensors to allow me to manage my own healthcare better and run multiple apps simultaneously (although I do already stream video and music at the same time). All of this needs power, memory and battery life so I need a device that can charge quickly or has a stunning battery life and powerful processor. It still needs to be an easily portable device though, and that seems to be the issue these days.

PTrishDK
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? I love how many different things I can do on them. work, games, shopping, photos, films… probably more!
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? I loved my old razer v3 and would like to see more folding or flip phones at affordable prices. I would even be happy if it had an area on the device of the old metal keypad from the razer. It was so satisfying to press. Or, take the old phone as it looked and change the screen to a bigger one with modern tech.
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? I would like smaller, fold-out devices and tech linking to headset spectacles.

can_1709682
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Amazon Firestick 4K has refreshed my old tv, sound and vision much improved, for very little cost.

Stephan_1264763
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my iPhone as it is so quick and easy to work. World is at my fingertips! 

DmitriyD_690797
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Very good Phone! Camera Super! Screen and CPU provides a wide range of services.

Christo_1406622
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like my my pen and paper. No battery, replacement parts are easy to come by and the tech never goes wrong.

For updating, I'd like my phone to be updated to provide complete access at all times without geographic restrictions.

Future features I'd like to see would include problem free voice transcription, week long battery life and a keyboard designed for big fingers.

Ronald_Enigma
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of tech is my mobile phone. I use it as everything; phone, diary, laptop, camera, game console........I don't know how we survived without one in the good old days!

IsaacLe_1549784
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Had my bose qc35 headphones for about 6 years now and they are hands down the best tech purchase I have ever made despite being one of the most expensive. Good headphones are a must in life!!

DavidGa_1330645
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What do you love most about your current devices?

I love that mobile data is now easily affordable, and when there is signal, fast and reliable.  Other tech I am currently loving is the xbox series S, which with game pass is great value.

• What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

It will be interesting to see what Nintendo console will come in the future. I loved the couch multiplayer era of the N64, so something that encourages in-person multiplayer would be great. 

• What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

Perhaps the ability to easily and smoothly work as a mobile PC. Similar to a Raspberry Pi, with full sized key board, mouse and screen attaching. 

martian_1298478
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What do you love most about your current devices?  doing loads of things on my phone , photos, banking chatting, calendar etc

tanghim
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love that my mobile phone supports the split screen function, so that now I can work on multiple tasks on my phone (while leaving the song player on)!

BrianMet_986591
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the convergent technology all in one pocket sized device.

BrianPo_1514012
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What I love most about my current tech is interoperability. Virtually anything I do I can easily switch from my phone to my Chromebook and to my Fire Tablet.