YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,057 REPLIES 1,057

Danielle_745766
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like that my current devices allow me to make reminders and notes on anything and everything- it really saves me when trying to organise my time! I just wish the battery life didn’t degrade so much over time. 

HamishS_1665907
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like things simple and I’m always happy to use my Amazon Kindle which I use when flying, on the train or wild camping 

DanielaC_623020
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What I love most about my current device is that SO FAR it's remained in tact following the fact that I have 'butter fingers' and keep dropping it. 

Alex_1217687
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Its a bit silly but with my Motorola, I know how you can shake the phone to activate the torch light. I couldn't say how many times I've used this in a pinch. 

• What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

I have a really old Toshiba laptop (very chunky and hardly a laptops) which doesn't work that I'd love to see running

KatieHar_590613
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my iPhone I have everting in one place. Even having my reminders set of things to do is soo handy for someone like me. Easy to use too. 

LKD70
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Oh wow, favourite bit of tech... Since this question has a few parts, I guess I'll answer each individually.

I'll start with my favourite current tech, I'll pick one thing to save myself from listing every single toaster and microwave. I'd have to give my current favourite to my wireless earphones. I've started the new year off with a lot of walking, it's tricky to get your head in the zone to do that everyday, the magic or music and podcasts have been priceless in helping me commit to my goal.

Speaking of classic tech that could be returned, or perhaps modernized, wow, again so much I could choose. From PDA's (the OG smart phones) which has real **physical** keyboards, to software like IRC which had odd communities form and come together the world over... This really is a tricky one. I'll give this one to one that has (kind of) come true, the Sony Walkman, and or MP3 players. Sony recently re-released the Walkman, and although the modern approach is far beyond my financial reach, the idea behind a dedicated music (or even podcast?) Hub in such a convinient and quality form factor really holds a lot of value to me.

Going forwards with tech, I'd like us to remember where we came from, not abandon those little feel good things like a headphone jack, and the freedom to root your devices. I'd love to see more companies adopt an open and welcoming stance to their products. I would like to see more focus on camera software, rather than adding more lenses, and I'd like to see more sharing of standards with things like chargers, software, and everything in between. Yes I'm hopeful but I think we will get there.

ShahedZi_533918
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Im always forgetting to charge my phone so maybe a self charging device which connects itself and charges your phone when it reaches a certain percentage 😬

AnnDona_1228232
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Love being able to have music while I walk through my phone and Spotify.  Just download a playlist and  go!

OLUTOSIN_216136
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It's been amazing ever since using the 5G network, i can now do all my assignment without constrain on slow internet. Indeed smarty is the network to reckon with.

LaurenPa_833853
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • How all the information you need is at the tips of your fingers.
  • Tamagotchi 
  • Link to more tech, so everything could be controlled via your phone

Najo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What do you love most about your current devices? Fast charging

What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? Honor View 10

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? 2-Day battery life

Victori_1207730
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite is the notes scanner. I can easily scan hand written notes or text from a book using my camera and it immediately copies onto my phone where I can then turn it into a pdf. Very handy for work! 

MarcinP_1315569
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love Android phones I am crazy on new technology and also mobile phones with big camera and huge zoom also mostly important for me is fast charging, maybe in the future we will see solar charging in the phones that will be something amazing. I am sure new phone Honor plus Smarty SIM card will work perfect together 👍

HayleyGr_872024
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love how far mobile phones have come. It’s my note taker, image catcher, encyclopaedia, camera and telephone in one! It just generally makes my life easier.

In the future I would love my phone to be able to have an alarm feature light a SAD lamp. Waking up to gradual light is much better for me than an alarm. 

MarcinP_1315569
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love Android phones I am crazy on new technology and also mobile phones with big camera and huge zoom also mostly important for me is fast charging, maybe in the future we will see solar charging in the phones that will be something amazing. I am sure new phone Honor plus Smarty SIM card will work perfect together👍

SusanSm_1147670
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my Samsung S10+ great camera for pictures.

Gillian_1301554
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my tablet its so easy and accessible from online shopping, watching films and TV,gaming,Internet browsing and so much more would be lost without it also good for working online and video calls, meetings ...... how did I ever manage with out it .

KenFowl_1094372
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Has to be Kindle for me. I love reading books but am a total convert to ebooks now.

SeanOffShotGunz
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love being able to control my car from my phone - for example, to preheat and demist the car for the precise time I want to leave the house, especially on these winter days

PaulMad_1720286
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would love it if smarty did cellular connectivity.👍🏼

SusanCou_849219
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My old tablet. s like to see that back and updated to spec of new phones, especially for taking photos. 

PaulMad_1720286
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would love it if smarty did cellular connectivity for iwatches..👍🏼

Chf102
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my phone as a health device, i check my heart rate etc regularly  also i have the my gp app and the nhs app which lets me order prescriptions and book appointments etc. I hope in future phones bare somehow are able to read ones blood pressure as it would be the ultimate health tool so far. I think phones are increasingly become a health accessory. Maybe one day there will be a sensor that attaches somewhere and sends and monitors your health and sends warning data instantly to nhs.

StevenM_1425747
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like all android based phones as easier by farthan apple go android

BiancaC_1242618
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I was going to say tech communities like this, but this competition was so hard to enter, I have changed my mind. 

DanielH
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What do you love most about your current devices?

I love the noise cancelling feature or my earbuds. I wasn't sure about picking up galaxy buds as I've never had true wireless earphones before but it's made listening to music on the way to work so much better

MICHELEM_628448
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

In future devices, I would love to see the implementation of a holographic display that you can interact with. It is a very futuristic idea but I think this could be a step up in the practicability and diversity of mobile phones.

MatthewH_753663
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Gamesir x2pro love a bit of gaming and this means I can do it anywhere 

JohnWhi_1708375
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The ability to navigate accurately 

BaldFeegle
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite piece of tech is without a doubt my hearing aids. Made by Phonak and supplied free on the NHS they've transformed my world from muffled difficulty into one of clarity and ease. They've transformed my life and with built in Bluetooth, music streaming direct to my ears is only a click away, plus I never miss a phone call now because the ringing comes through my hearing aids too. 

PaulNich_338299
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My hP  laptop  , perfect for running a small buisness   , reliable  , great support  ,  

JamesT
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like my smart watch 🙂 After a stroke, I massively improved my lifestyle choices, and seeing my resting heart rate going down to just below 50 was a big goal for me. Having all that health data at my fingertips gave me small goals to work towards. How they get that tech in such a small, discreet design amazes me. Anyway, stay healthy folks, and safe!

Michael_1501146
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I`m enjoying my Oneplus 7T Mclaren , great phone and stands out from the crowd.

Trinity_1522279
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my phone do everything on it shopping emails watching TV  would be lost with out it

Chrisp
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPhone but would still like to have the option of a slightly larger screen. I want something slightly larger than a pro-max but still smaller than an iPad mini.

For the future there is still a lot of room to advance mobile tech in eye ware.

RoryHum_1383537
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

iPhone 13 mini.   Does everything.   They should revive the Motorola razor.   Excellent phone.  Nice and small.   Just needs updating.   

Jake
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

I love my galaxy watch 5; it's been a game changer for me; where I can now exercise and know every step I do will be tracked, I'm actually on a weight loss journey, and this is helpful as I'm able to determine where in my day am I not doing enough. I'm also using multiple apps to help me log food, and now I feel more educated about my health. Isn't technology unique?! 

Honestly, it'd be lovely if the iPod classic came back; I don't mean it is thinner or anything like that; I adored how chunky it was and how heavy; if this could have wireless internet installed, I think people would use it more. Also, wasn't the slidy wheel just wonderful? Oh, the memories!

As someone deaf, I sometimes struggle with technology because it relies on the person being able to hear; I'd love an option where I could use sign language, and the device would translate for me. In the UK, one in five people has hearing loss, which would be fantastic!

Also, please let me win; I'm poor xox

ChrysTrem_14291
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my iPhone. The ability to keep up with friends on social media, run my bank account, and read books on the Kindle app. I’d like better cameras and photo processing.

ianrob1957
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

An android app that will scan overhead aircraft and provide details.

LeeGardn_128931
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I couldnt be without my iphone, terrific camera and so quick to run amazing piece of tech