YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,057 REPLIES 1,057

Kufucius
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I'd love to see phones like Nokia 3210 'revived' and evolved.
I really miss its indestructibility and ultra-long-lasting battery life! (hopefully newer displays and battery technology will be able to compensate where smartphones drain the power)

Totally bomb proof, before smartphones, think everyone virtually owned one.

AlexandruF
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hello, I've got a Xioami 11T Pro , this phone is spectacular in all ways, camera, screen size and storage of 256 GB is good enough for all your photos, documents, even some Netflix serials 😁. A good features for phones would be to use them as controller to open your car and to start your engine , I really see useful on cold times. 

Predergast
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

When it comes to PCs, audio-visual equipment, and mobile devices I can honestly say I've never been at the top of the tech tree.  Always a few years behind but just up to-date enough to not appear too unfashionable.

When it comes to mobile phones I can honestly say I'm happy enough to rely on family and have never been tempted to pay out for the latest tech.  I have now had my trusty Samsung Galaxy A10 for over 3 years and what a marvelous hand-me-down it has been.  So comfortable to hold in my hand, has excellent battery life, and has a sharp clear screen with great colour.  No intrusive custom user interface and very easy to set up. 

The camera has to be my favourite feature, I'm no professional photographer so the ease of taking great quick shots is excellent, the built-in editing software is a breeze and each and every picture taken always looks great on my TV.

The phone itself does have a few light scratches on the casing now, so perhaps another hand-me-down will come my way soon.

Hopefully not from my brother this time, as I'm not a fan of things with pictures of fruit on them.Samsung Galaxy A10

I know everything — just not all at once. It’s a space problem, not a knowledge problem.

HabibaK_1645118
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I’d have to say what I love most about our devices is just how much we can do on our devices, whether it’s watching, staying connected, drawing, note taking or tracking things, it has just made every day to day  life easier. 

I’m always baffled as to how far we have come and the many many features that are available to us and how it’s changed living in general, but one thing I can think of is maybe smelling something, now hear me out, I mean imagine wanting to order food, or even cook, or buy a perfume or even a candle or whatever it may be, imagine being able to smell it through our devices before purchasing.  

allenph_1590444
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

i love my current redmi note 10 because it's not only cheap, but it has 120hz capability which really helps with scrolling, also with future mobile tech they 100% need to add fast charging like the note 10 has.

HabibaK_1645118
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would have to say the things that I like most about my devices are how much I can do on them,  out of the many examples I’ll mention a few such as, using the device to call, text and watch the many things available but not only that but to share pictures/videos, make video calls, staying connected, drawing, making notes, keeping track of things, playing games, so overall I’d say it is the fact that in this day and age we can do almost anything with the devices that we have. 

Something I’d like to see updated is… well I think almost everything has been updated, no…?

I feel like I’ve seen it all and then bang another  type of feature comes out one way or another, so I’d have to say for me I’d like to see something like maybe smelling, now hear me out, what I mean is imagine being able to smell something through your phone, imagine looking at a picture and being able to smell the surrounding of how it smelt when it was taken, or browsing, searching or shopping and being able to smell what you are about  to purchase such as, food or perfume. 

Jes_75708
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Here are three future features that I'd like to see in future mobile tech:

Charging via Wi-Fi signals, so the battery is always charging.     

The ability to plug the device into any monitor and instantly switch to a full desktop experience, complete with a desktop-grade browser and terminal, and the ability to connect a mouse and keyboard.     

Advanced AI-powered personal assistants that understand natural language, context, and my preferences and can help me manage my time and attention, stop mindlessly scrolling and procrastinating, and provide personalised recommendations to help me focus on my goals and priorities    

Witchcraft and magic that enable manufacturers to build non-giant phones that fit in the hands of average humans. If fear if phones gets any bigger, we may evolve to have really long thumbs!

GeorgiaS_171020
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my I od nano, still using it to this day just wish it was easier to get a cable to charge it without needing an adapter. Thts what i would change about it if possible,  update the charging port to a more current one

Mariusz_1110845
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I love my A70 because it is handy and easy to use. However, I'm nearly blind and need a big screen. Nokia should make new phones like the 3310.

GeorgiaS_171020
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite bit of tech is ny I Pod Nano, still use it every day but the only down side is i wish i could charge it easier. Had to buy an adapter and new lead. So thats what id change about it if it was possible,  udate the charging port to a more current version.

JayMart260270
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

I would love to see interactive holograms in future mobile tech it seems really convenient and would feel like something out of a movie

Don-J_895732
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Echo and Alexa devices 

OsianGwe_693869
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I like how my iPhone seamlessly syncs with all my other devices. My first phone was a Nokia 3310. That’s my classic choice. 

UMAIRAH_1467778
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Redmi Note 11 because of its battery performance and it has never left me behind. I am enjoying it in my day to day use. I love its fingerprint feature for most of the apps as i don't have to remember passwords. In a nutshell, I don't have any issue with it.

Stan1972
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Easy to access. Easy to understand and very simple to operate. 

ManojMas_944036
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my S7+ tab because it has a mind-blowing screen, speedy operation from a usage standpoint, and is light and thin. 

KaiClev
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Honestly would love to see the nokia brick being remade for the 21st century, the battery life, but also something that is simplistic to use, but also at reasonable 2000’s prices which is highly unlikely. maybe add an amazing camera and great battery life but miss out on a few other techy add ons 

DavidBro_649456
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I Love my Oppo phone for its features and costand the use of 5g with Smarty means everything is so much faster on the phone 

Tobi
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The number one feature I’d like to see from mobile tech would be a true AI assistant which could handle email, calendar and tasks etc. itself. 

Michael_1209694
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my current phone, the pixel 6a, as it's simple, quick and it was reasonably priced. And the camera is fantastic. 

I would like new tech to go back to smaller phones. I don't need a huge tablet sized phone, my hands aren't big enough! 

pauline_1356220
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My current phone is an Samsung galaxy I purchased due to good size screen and good battery life.

The supercharge on the Honor and the camera quality definitely looks much more appealing to me for all my future exploring capturing my new personal challenges and experiences

JA71
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My 5g Sammy a22 lets me watch sky, amazon and Netflix flawlessly. My long commute becomes almost pleasurable to binge watch with the combo of my unlimited data deal with smarty xxx

DavidBl_1530765
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

love my Samsung A52, dual sim means I can use my Smarty sim in UK, and local sim when I am abroad

Snowbourg
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smart phone biometrics on my mobile, laptop and tablet is the best bit of tech advancement for me personally as I need regularly log into many apps every single day (especially banking and financial services related apps) and biometrics has mad this so much quicker and allows me to be far more efficient with my time 

DavidBl_1530765
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

love the dual sim feature on my Samsung A52 - means I can use my Smarty sim in UK, and use local sim when I am abroad

NinaChloe3000
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Love my drone! I’ve just had the extreme privilege to be able to visit Vietnam 🇻🇳 and the footage from my drone lets you see the country in another light! 

Waynefrank123
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPhone become of the pro camera and the ease of use 

I’d love to see the Nokia n95 updated 

or the Sony Experia play back with upgraded ram and internal memory loved that phone

bring back proper gaming phones please

VS
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love ‘Find my’ function on my IPhone and would be nice if Android phones also had the same function as I can track all my loved ones. 

AndrewMe_602062
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPhone 8 Plus it has stood me the test of time and has a great camera and battery life, only problem I have had is it doesn’t like to be dropped and ended with broken back glass 😂 I would like an improvement in a more toughened version of glass if that’s possible.

ianrob1957
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

App for android to scan overhead aircraft for information. 

AndrewKe_130296
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I always thought my old fire phone was amazing and would love to see an updated model. It was easy to use and had features I haven't seen on other smart phones. I loved the 3D screen and the way it would track your face from any angle as well as the video screen savers that changed each day.

ianrob1957
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

An app to scan overhead aircraft and gather information. 

Abc123
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

What do you love most about your current devices?

Easy to use and lasting battery

What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

E-reader that reads aloud

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

Go back to removable batteries

Lachlan_1196369
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I still have my iPhone 11 red edition still running perect after all these years, the phone id like to see updated would be the Sony Ericsson Walkman that along side the Nokia was a beast for a phone back then 🤙🏼

Christoph_71970
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A fingerprint reader on any tech... Too many passwords these days.

HannahW_17
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I've never really been an Apple gal but recently bought an iPad for my daughter, mostly so she can watch Peppa pig and the likes. I'm actually really impressed with it. Fast, good battery life, easy (ish) to navigate and the cameras are pretty decent too. 

GarryPe_1635437
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

It has to be my 3D printer. I get to be creative in inventing solutions to unique peronal issues and I'm able to print them immediately in my own home. 

markelst_117728
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

S22 ultra is a fantastic phone,I love the camera and the battery life is fantastic,great screen and does everything I need it to do super fast

Faheem1238836
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love how easy it ia to use my phone like switching from one app to another in just less than a second. I do most of my study on my phone and having a bigger ram and storage is very useful as you can work without having your phone slowing down and plus as when I study, I have to open a lot of apps at the same time so having a a lot storage is good.