YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,057 REPLIES 1,057

nolioliop
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I think the thing I love most about my current device is the clarity and precision of the display.

Rebecca_1411446
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love Google image search. It's helped so much with my gardening, identifying unknown plants and finding alternatives of items online. 

jamespi_1694649
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

<span;>being creative is an art and my samsung S21 allows me to explore my imagination, as often as I want to, by allowing me to access the many different apps I use such as Picsart for releasing my inner most artist and flstudio mobile to express my soul.

NormStrm
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love having a great camera on my mobile. Pity the camera on the Nokia Lumia 1020 was not updated.

ThomasE_1214411
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

My favourite bit of tech is my Tab S7. From watching movies, reading books or drawing to learning instrument's and browsing the Internet. 

It's my chill out gadget while my son controls the TV. 

jamespi_1694649
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

being creative is an art and my samsung S21 allows me to explore my imagination, as often as I want to, by allowing me to access the many different apps I use such as Picsart for releasing my inner most artist and flstudio mobile to express my soul.

mar52
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hi , I love my iPad . I can do everything on it from checking emails , taking pictures , watching films . It charges quickly too , what more could I ask for , well ……………….

PoonamS_1590892
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am obsessed with my smartwatch! It really helps me not just with physical health but mental health with less screen time because I to out with just my watch!

I would enjoy a throw back to the blackberry phone those were so fun! 

Future features would be something to improve the connection with people, something interactive where you could feel someone's touch or just something more meaningful

KMorPor_1097416
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The future features I would like to see from mobile tech is the ability to scroll through my device using my eyes enabling my hands to stay warm under the covers : )

anat_varon
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Samsung galaxy s20. It is just the right size to fit in my pocket and read without glasses 

MikeW_974177
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices?

It's 5G-capable. A shame though 5G coverage isn't great in the UK.

• What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

The good old pager but as a smart wearable? 

• What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The ability to project high-definition holograms with gesture/haptic control.

mar52
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hi , I love my iPad .Being able to do everything on it is brilliant. From emails to surfing . Watching films, Netflix . Shame it can’t make a brew …………

Chandra_1391443
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the software more than a hardware, software which runs our mobile devices both Android and iOS. We have to take a minute and see how they have evolved over the years and have been adapted to our day to day life, from smartwatches, TV's, Car, etc., And I am more found of Android which is affordable from being part of a basic mobile device to very high end phones from the likes of Sony and Samsung.

WilmaHe_1686410
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to Tech, but the quality of pictures on my Samsung android is as good as my camera and so much easier to use. I wish there was a way to make the keyboard larger for my fingers - you youngsters are so quick while I take forever to type a message. I'd love a simple way for my mobile to ring out on my home phone so I don't miss calls. 

HaydnLy_1447839
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love my mobile phone as it does so much more than calls. Was not that long ago a phone was attached to the wall and just made calls. 

Now it is a hand held computer as well as a camera and video recorder and a TV. 

Also love my smart home gadgets like lights that I can just tell them to turn on and off. Very handy as I am disabled. 

MoiraTh_1239750
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Favourite bit of tech:I love my Hive heating app.  I can always come home to a warm(ish) house and schedule heating from wherever I am. 

Mustafa_1065065
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The battery life and camera

Asil9791
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I currently have a Huawei p30 Pro and an ipad. My phone is used for basic things I need ie calls, texts etc whereas my ipad I use for many things. With my ipad I'm able to do so many things such as keeping up with social media, watching films and television programmes as well as creating artwork and working on my small business. I've had my current phone for 2 years and so far it's been great. I love that I can talk for hours without worrying about high phone bills. In the past I've been stung for hundreds of pounds unexpectedly but with smarty I don't need to worry about that anymore. I actually have 3 accounts as I also pay for my children's accounts. My partner, mother and son also now have smarty! Will continue to recommend to friends and family as it has saved me so much money compared to what it had cost in years gone by.

Rebecca_1383005
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My Garmin forerunner watch 🙂 so I can track all my fun activities and rack up all those daily steps too 🙂

EdwardV_1437262
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my smartphone I keep in touch with all my friends and family 

In the future I would like to.see holographic imaging 

jefftra_1739459
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Cordless earphones, not the buds. can control the music and make/receive calls from them.
Genuine 16 hour playback battery life, ideal when riding my bike, think they were £15 including delivery.
Had them 5 years, bargain.

DavidLEstrange
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My current device is fast and responsive with a great camera.

DeclanW_1702989
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love how fast my iPhone is with camera quality 

MollyCup_228426
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPad to create colourful pieces of work on the Notability software for uni, read my kindle, watch Netflix and FaceTime from! 

JasonHu_1423116
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My iPad Pro is my favourite piece of tech as it’s so versatile with an amazing screen, awesome processor so it’s never laggy. Best bit of kit I’ve bought in years

Rebecca_1383005
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Future feature would love to have a phone where you could type messages in any language and they could automatically translate to another rather than having to put it in a translate app or website and copy and paste! Also so you could talk on the phone with someone and it auto-translates so you could speak to anyone in the world 🙂

AndyFord_288090
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What future features would I like to see from mobile tech?

Based on what we've been seeing lately in AI developments, I'd have to say a Virtual Companion on your phone.

I imagine all of us, at one point or another, have suffered at least in one way, shape or form in regards to mental health, or even general loneliness.

Being able to simply pull out your phone at any time of the day, and get into a lengthy debate over the latest movie, or ask for dating advice, or just a way to let off some steam, would just be ideal.

Knowing someone's there for you is a wonderful feeling, whether they're real or artificial, it can really make a difference.

Spaxe
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the opportunity to read without distractions on my Kindle. No notifications or messages. It would be great if it was tinner, lighter with smaller margins.

MarcusT_1635366
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

For me, I love the android OS - especially on a pixel device. I think the side swipe nav, and the integration with Google maps and assistant is just so easy.

In terms of classic devices, rather than device, I think it's about brand and product - and it has to be about Nintendo. It is such a joyful, lovely, positive, human-centred brand. I want a Nintendo phone, pots and pans, skis, trainers, insurance??? Yoshi as my bank manager? It's selfless and silly and fun. What features? A Nintendo metaverse - none of the horribleness of Meta, and complete clean escapism. Smarty feels a bit Nintendo...

HowardB_1246999
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like my Motorola g9 play. The UI is easy to use. I would like an optical zoom.

Future feature would be a haptic keyboard 

StuartM_1339511
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I run my business from my phone from Banking to bookings and the camera is Great for capturing videos and pictures for my social media and promotional campaigns 

Christoph_27834
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love Google and its obedience - gives all answers. Love to see Nokia in paper thin depth. Record and produce smells with sound and vision while watching or recording video.

Zoomers_Doomed
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Steam Deck because it's not only a powerful portable gaming console, but also a fully-fledged PC, so I can play Elden Ring on the daily commute or fill out spreadsheets while under the bedsheets. I can even hook it up to a gaming PC via bluetooth and use it as a controller.

MRP
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

A future feature I’d like to see from mobile tech is a screen which completely covers the front of the phone, having a camera system which works even with a screen covering it.

EmmaDohe_706955
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite bit of tech has to be the oculus quest 2. We have 2 in the house so we can use it as a family and it brings us together instead of been in different rooms on the xbox. I love how real it is been inside the game interacting with other people and not just playing on the screen. I don't know what I more I would do with phones as my first phone when it came out was a Nokia which only played snake so I think the phones of today are amazing, the things you can already do with them are crazy. You have the world at your finger tips, you want to know something ask your phone, you want to see a family member you haven't seen for ages use wattsapp. You need to learn how to fix your computer look on YouTube. Need a last minute present go online shopping. Possibilities are endless with mobiles phones aslong as you have a decent mobile Internet supplier like smarty.

AngelaMo_509586
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love that my HONOR 50 phone charges really quickly... Great for when it's late and I have forgotten to put it to charge and I need it done quickly. I would love if phones could be solar powered. Rapid charging is great but it still uses electricity. I would love if this kind of Tech could go greener. 

TitusSh_1730194
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love  my kindle. It's great on holiday. Sharing books is ace.

TitusSh_1730194
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Luv my kindle. Great for holidays. 

Martin_T
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Old Nokia bricks, modern phones break so easily so it'd be nice to have a phone on the market that sacrificed a bit of sleekness for more durability since you just end up buying a bulky phone case anyway

RachelGr_105445
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Honestly it’s my phone I can’t live without it, from diary to shopping lists, films and work groups..everything I need in one place