YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,057 REPLIES 1,057

DavidMcA_854930
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Google pixel phone, the pictures it takes are amazing. The camera is the most important thing i look for when buying a new smartphone 

RobV
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my robot vacuum. I have a few now and has been great keeping on top of dust and bits around the house 

ShaunKul_360894
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Huawei Honor 10 - 2018

What do you love most about your current devices?

• Finger print recognition.
  • There is a notification light near the front camera which helps me identify the app by using different colours for each app.

What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

• Old consoles to replay all those games that made my childhood.

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

• I would like to see universal parts so devices can be repaired cheaply.
  • Easier development of applications for interpreted languages.

ReubenG_1679010
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? - How easy it is to communicate with my family and friends.
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? - My old Sony Ericsson phone from back in the day.
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? - Teleportation!

PP_337715
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love technologies that changing the way we live, for example, SatNav, iPhone, then Android Phone, etc. 

mrkuki
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What I love most about my phone is that I can do almost everything on it, from ordering stuff, paying for stuff to browsing.

DipalPa_1406839
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hello 

TesniPo_1481962
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My redmi note 10 has great sound and battery power for the price and I like how I can boost it and have optimization built into the phone. 

EmilyTr_1521895
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Any tech that can keep us connected is a fantastic piece of innovation. From lap top to phone from morse code to flashlights. I would feel lost without the invention of mobile phone and innovation often thinking how much closer this has brought us all together since there invention. I'm a gamer so a new version of the n64 would be my go to kit.

TonyDobbi_11960
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Anything Apple.

PP_337715
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love technologies that changing the way we live, for example, SatNav, iPhone, Android Phone, etc.

AndrewWi_304815
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love Android phones as I find them easier to use than iPhone, mainly because I've never owned an iPhone.

William_1605729
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Kindle, as having had a TIA, it lets me escape to other worlds through literature. 
🙏🏻🙏🏻

KRISTINA_390086
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? I have an older Honor but it is serving me very well, the battery is still great and never lets me down. Honors are great phones.
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? voice control on more remotes.
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? lest intrusive features like making emails and passwords you don't want to make and can't remember.

SorchaB_1764140
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my phone as it allows me to keep in touch with friends and family back home & I also love using it to take and edit pictures to add to my memories every year.

Ranky67
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My chrome book is great. Ido everything on it email tv and Internet. My granddaughter is better than me on it though and she is only 18 month old😂

DIANEJO_1080427
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite tech is my moto g50, the screenshot feature is so very easy to use  

Scott_93870
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What classic device would you like to see updated?
Having had a few phones break pretty easily over the years, I miss the hardiness of the Nokia 3210. That was my first phone, and they were indestructible! 

well, those were really durable lol a friend of mine dropped it into the mud deep then fished it out got home took the battery off washed it with garden hoes, placed it in sun to dry put it together and it was still working... amazing

DarioVie_262411
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Who can lives with no technology on our days? I love any device that makes my life easy, this make me in control just a sinple touch on my phone to make magic happens. Et voilà! All sorted xx

Nichola_1332989
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I live my phone as even when I get a new model, all the buttons are the same and so easy to use for a technophobe like me

Barrysua257409
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like my tablet as it's versitile for many uses and more portable than a laptop

daraholmes
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My favourite thing about my phone is the fact the screen is large and clear enough for me to read on! I love being able to read books and colour comics on it without having to drag around something clunky, like a tablet, to work or uni, so I appreciate that aspect a lot

habibaBi_614353
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? The camera quality, ability to multi task and speed of my phone. 
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? Juke boxes. 
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? Phones that have unlimited storage and do not need phone cases. 

TechPoet
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

1) My iPhone 11, despite not being the latest/greatest model, still blows my mind when I think about what magic it can do. If you had told the teenage me that, by the time he was middle aged, he’d own a powerful, pocket-sized, internet-connected, touchscreen computer that would supplant his PC, his Walkman, his parents' landline phone, his MegaDrive console and his dad's camcorder, all the while functioning as a superb digital camera, a powerful PDA, an e-reader, a torch, a streaming video player and a real-time satellite navigation aid, he would have thought you were totally off your rocker.

2) I'd like the pogo stick to be reimagined and supercharged with futuristic tech powers. Bouncing over buildings would be pretty cool.

3) I'd like to see mobile tech get much greener and more sustainable: better solar charging technology; more fixable, replaceable and recyclable parts; far less abhorrent 'built-in obsolescence'; less plastic and fewer rare earth elements. Alternatively, if we're all doomed anyway, a smartphone with a camera that can see through walls and clothing would be epic. Or what about a tablet computer that doubles as a handy hoverboard?

PHILIPR_1775738
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 which is an amazing piece of tech. So many features and the camera is out of this world.

ChrisPapUK
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I have the huawei mate 20 lite and love everything about it, had it for a while now and takes great photos, good with all apps and does everything I need, entering this prize draw as mum is still on Nokia 3210 and if won this, I will give phone to mum as it would be her 1st smart phone. 

AndySwall_68451
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hmmm, I'd have to say my phone, Google Pixel 5.

Excellent camera, even if a few yrs old now.  But more than anything else, how the hell would I manage without my phone...

ClareMc_1724587
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie
  • My Fit Bit is my favourite tech gadget at the moment. I love the step tracker, as well as the sleep tracker as well. It helps me keep on track with my wellness goals.
  •  
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • It would be great if there could be an update on the classic CD player. I have loads of CDs hanging about and nothing to play them on. Even better, how about a better CD Walkman?
  •  
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?
     Connectivity across all devices in the home including white goods. Voice activation would be handy especially for those with disabilities.

ChrisGi_1537052
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I've recently bought some phillips hue lighting for my disabled 8 year old daughter to make our play room into a sensory room.

With the help from ittt I've managed to get a wigit to cycle through all the bulb colours continuously on a loop.

She loves it best kit I've bought for a long time.

Le_Lluc
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I absolutely adore my Sony NW-A55, a super simple and compact music player that just plays whatever lossless file I give it, no notifications, no distractions, perfection!

I would appreciate if cameras with CCD sensors came back, there's just something about the way it works that just makes photos look so timely.

I would love to see more care in the audio/microphone department, everyone pays so much attention to get the highest zoom, highest pixels, better low-light performance, etc. that people forget about the other aspects of a phone, it's been going downhill ever since apple removed the headphone jack!

Nic1cola
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love that you can take a photo on your phone then share that to lots of different media straight from your camera roll. 

FelipeOs
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like my phone because the battery last for a really long time also after a few years of the phone. I can use my phone with apps like YouTube or maps and Internet and the battery will last really long time

PP_337715
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Smart Devices

Neo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of kit is Galaxy Tab S6 

perfect for MineCraft, Discord & movies. 

Sophiey_986601
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

My favourite piece of tech is my kindle e-reader, which helps me unwind.

DarrenBa_697478
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the link between my smart watch and phone, I can be in theatre and still stay in touch with any other emergency that may need attention, without causing a distrurbance to anyone else. If this was matched to a faster phone with better battery life then that would be perfect 

KirkRay_145753
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I still enjoy the apps on my smartphone. Life is in hand 😉

GillianL_962804
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the ease of use  of my phone but would also like more memory.

Martin_T
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I currently own a Google pixel, a "3" not one of the latest ones by any means (I don't feel the need to go buy a new phone every year, especially when brand new phones just seem to get more expensive without any real technological advancement to justify the expense) hence why I'm on pay as you go with smarty 

I love how everything Google is integrated together to make the experience more seamless