YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,058 REPLIES 1,058

NeilTayl_522496
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love my tablet I do everything on it and would be lost without it

Neil

NeilSmit_379131
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Lot of time for the size of the iPhone 8. All these monster phones affect the natural lines of the leg. Having said that if someone could whip up a N64 in a pocket sized device I'd be more than happy to see off Ourumov in Goldeneye or grab gold with Pipsy on the Hot Top Volcano in Diddy Kong Racing.

Ellissa_1074605
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love a great camera on a phone, so any high tec specs on devices would be a must in the future. Maybe creating a phone that has a camera on the back which let's you attach high quality lenses onto it. Like a professional camera that's also just a do it all phone! 

William_1628218
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Samsung A51 phone. I listen to podcasts, read newspapers, make movies for my grandchildren and have Messenger chats with my overseas friends. I even send emails and phone people occasionally! A nice big phone with an even bigger shockproof case- useful when I drop it. 

AndrewE_1592726
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Sorry but I have no idea what I’m supposed to do to join this competition. I don’t use any social messaging and this may well endnup in cyner hyperspace.  Why can’t things just be simple? The best bit of tech Inown is a 50 year old mechanical wristwatch. Cost nil to run, has worked 100% of the time, batteries never run out and I’m not subject viruses. Not a bad model to emulate. True it only has one  function, telling the time, but that is better than a multifunction tools that is impossible to use.

IanGrey_1671930
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite kit is my Samsng Flipphone- I used to have a Galaxy Fold but it was a tad too big in the pocket and a bit too fragile. Whilst I miss the big screen of the fold I like having a big phone that folds small.

My favourite old tech was the first generation iPad machined from a block of alloy which looks really thick and heavy by today's standards.

ShasiaS_1268730
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my wireless headphone don’t have to hold or carry phone around doing house work

hobbsy
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What do you love most about your current devices?

This is a bit of a double edged sword for me, my favourite thing is that any information I want is at my fingertips anywhere is the world (subject to signal etc) along with ability to do so many things, take photos, measure distance, connect with social media. I do feel this can have a negative impact however the benefits and things we can now do from one device is a huge benefit.

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

New features, I remember waiting patiently each year to see what new iPhone features would be released, I feel we’ve hit a bit of a plateau now. So whilst I may not have specific answers I would like, no network delays, more health measurements with devices and integration with our healthcare providers (opt in of course), bigger screens with smaller form factor (understand that’s not easy), more integration with smart homes and cars, they should be the centre of these and have the power, data and personal info to do majority of this, 5G as it was promised - true fast (consistent) speeeds, devices that communicate eg phone - car - traffic lights. I would also like my phone to be my main device, dock it at home to replace PC, dock it to replace blu ray, I know a lot of this exists but have one device and devices that communicate whether Apple or Android. Last thing (sorry) I would love a headset, to be able to ride my bicycle and get directions in corner of glasses, sit and watch a film somewhere to disconnect, video call etc.

Lastly whilst I said I feel there’s a plateau, reflecting on this post I guess it’s more the pace that has slowed, there are so many applications and ideas and these are just some that I’m excited for, roll on 2023!

GORDONSTRAIN92
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I live my phone though older being a Samsung a80, but love the camera feature which is quirky and unique vs newer phones which is hard to Compare 

ShasiaS_1268730
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my wireless headphones not tied to phone while washing up

GeorgeSm_988956
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my iPhone 12 ProMax, purchased from Apple as refurbished last year, much cheaper than a brand new phone and does everything I want, FaceID saves on using a passcode, takes great photos and videos, handles all my music and podcast so well. Just can't get on with Android phones as every one seems to be different.

Maureen_1675548
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my iPhone as I can unlock it with my face, can read my books on it from the kindle app, watch films or catch up tv as well as sending and receiving emails, phone calls and text messages. 
How on earth did I survive before this awesomeness! ❤️ 

ChrisVi_1462309
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

After many years of juggling apps and photos on my previous phones I now have a phone with  256Gb of storage and it is bliss.

RennieR
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm very pleased with my phone as it combines a camera; sat nav; calendar; notes; central heating control; internet search etc. all on one small bit of IT.

darknetcs
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would love to see a new iPod Classic, enhanced with high end DAC, 4G/5G/WiFi access, to stream and download music to it. Large SSD NVMe super fast storage, OLED display, for crisp quality/low power consumption visuals. Huge serviceable battery and all of that in same form factor as original iPod

StevenDe_416643
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick
  • That everything I need is available at the touch of a button on my smartphone. Whether it's banking, entertainment or answers to questions, I don'y need to travel to multiple locations like I used to have to years ago.

StevenM_1644525
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

1.  Living in a rural location, with no prospect of fibre and barely useable copper broadband, I love my unlimited 4G/5G SIM and home router which has to be mine & my wife's favourite investment with the greatest return ever.  We've even been able to give up the BT copper landline and keep our 'had it forever' (>32yrs) home number which, using a VoIP service (with no costly 'line' rental), we can answer on our mobiles!  How cool is that?!

*I happen to believe with the rollout of 5G and the unlimited SIM, particularly for rural users, fibre to the home will find it hard to get a foothold.

2.  I seriously hope to live long enough to see the 'smart' and safe flying car!

3.  As a once keen SLR then DSLR photographer I no longer want to take a bulky heavy camera away with me as I can and do use my mobile so more mobile camera enhancements and features including perhaps optical addons such as zoom.

I could do with a new phone please still being on my iPhone 7!

livealive
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Current devices:

Love my HP Spectre x360. Coming up on 5 years old now but still storming it and doing exactly what I need super well. Great looking 4 K screen, awesome portable laptop and love the convertible form factor for entertainment, dual screen duties or teaching/presenting.

Having a Samsung phone with DEX support has been a good life saver a few times when caught short though - just plug in to the USBc port and hey presto - a replacement laptop.

Most appreciated, life-changing device/tech for me has to be Android auto though. Gamechanger

Classic device updated? How about an updated kindle that still has built in text to speech support and isn't trying to force you to part with money to buy audible!

BarryFis_414067
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Alexa is a game changer for music on demand me thinks 😊

BarryFis_414067
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Alexa game changer for music on demand 😊

JamesWa_1291779
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Xbox series X being able to switch on instantly to where I last left it the second I get the kids to bed!.

Nasser
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

• SIM-less devices, broaden wireless charging to all devices while it competes the speed of wireless charging

Leigh0274
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

In further tech I would like to see faster wireless charging and data transfer. 

MarcWed_1366968
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My current device is very slow and the battery life is not long enough.

The classic device I would like to see updated would be the Samsung D500 as it was a great phone just imagine if it was android and touch screen would be amazing.

I would like the future features to be a lot faster and better service.

kevinbutler1960
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A classic device that should never of gone off  of the tech scene is of course the brilliant invention that was a Blackberry ,the best smart device ever made,and a black day for me when they disappeared ☹️☹️☹️

RayBird_1094738
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the versatility of my iPad Pro, which just allows me to get all the little IT jobs sorted for work & pleasure 🙂

ThomasP_1660959
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I think the way in which mobiles have adapted the use of apps is the best thing to come out of mobile devices and the easy functions of themes and profiles is great, I would like to see the implementation of enhanced sensors for a range of new settings that can enable things like a gyroscope, temperature, barometric pressure and even measuring the visible spectrum or molecular compounds that would make the device like something out of star trek.

BarryFis_414067
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My iPhone is a must great response times not found anything to touch it yet ?

Saxophone
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

I wish they still made mp3 players with hundreds of gigabytes of storage and batteries that lasted for weeks. Does anyone else remember the days when things didn't have to be constantly updated, plugged in and subject to subscription charges? And let's not forget the ability to actually own the music and audio books you had paid for and bring them anywhere, without suddenly losing access subject to the whims of big tech companies. Bring back the mp3 player!

Trung1982
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the ease of using ApplePay and FaceID on my iPhone. Makes life so much easier and I don’t have to remember or type my passwords. 

Kamikaze-X
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My Redmi Note 10 Pro is fantastic at pretty much everything - but I absolutely adore the silky smooth 120hz OLED screen. Videos look awesome and navigation is so smooth! 

• What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

My Lenovo Yoga Book - it felt so futuristic with the holo-keyboard and super thin folding form factor, but unfortunately Lenovo only gave it 1 system update and using the Intel processor and android emulation layer meant a lot of apps began to no longer support the Yoga Book 😔

A return to great value, stock android, mid range devices like the old Google Nexus program - it gave consumers access to really well made devices with regular system updates but more importantly at a really good price 

JosephKa_453962
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Sonos one

BarryFis_414067
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My I watch does everything it says on the tin 😊

vabuhadba
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie
    Iphone because let me share files between devices easy

DavidFo_1683754
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Future Tech. What I would like is the ability to be in a virtual meeting but actually be able to feel like I was really there.  So be able to look to my side and see who is sitting there or share a page of a document. Look over someone shoulder etc.

Wow that would be transformative.

Hammysbar
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My ability to annoy work colleagues via apps such as WhatsApp and Facebook. It makes life so much easier 

Szilard_1655227
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What do you love most about your current devices?
I'm using a Samsung a52s 5G
- simple, clever mid range smartphone with excellent price 
What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
- on camera properties and hardware
What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?
- holographic display technologies

Hammysbar
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My ability to annoy work colleagues via apps such as WhatsApp and Facebook. It makes my life so much easier. 

AngelaD_1050297
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPad as it is so versatile and easy to use.😍

JohnWild_410978
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the fact that on my current devices (I Pad Mini & galaxy S10) is that you can access the internet in a few seconds and also take high quality photos and send them to friends anywhere in the world.