YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,058 REPLIES 1,058

K_1178200
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Saving passwords, streaming and listening to my audible books

RobertDu_677377
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bits of tech are my phone and sports watch. I love that I can control smart home devices when away, monitor and improve my health. Allow my loved ones to check my location when I can’t let them know. I do wish I was better at monitoring my social media time. 
I think future tech will be able to allow us to monitor our own health better, and make informed choices. 
The time waisted in queues needs solving, especially on the phone😂

NathanS_1458038
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love Apple Pay the most on my current device, so handy.

would love to see Apple do a fold phone and maybe a see through phone?

Good luck everyone ✌️

Natalii_1519718
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Samsung GalaxyS10e its reliable, quick and not expensive.

I'd like to imroove my battery, it's need chargind every day.

Crystalix
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love how easy it is to do everything nowadays! Whether it's paying for something using your phone, or having all your accounts linked to each other, everything is just so easy!

KeithEc_1051780
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the camera and its different options available to take a variety of types of photographs from landscape, portrait and close ups.

Muhandis
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

My first mobile phone, the Nokia 3310.

The selfie option that doesn't take a mirror image type of photo; I.e. any wording back to front.

Alex_9048
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices?
  • Its an older Hauwei p20 pro, but its fast, fingerprint on screen, fast charging, but battery is getting old
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • O2 xda exec, first smart phone I had and I liked the keyboard
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?
  • Satellite link so its works everywhere

GeoffK
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite tech is my rechargeable stereo bluetooth speaker.  It means I can easily take music with me wherever I go which both my wife and I can enjoy.

CedrickK_861148
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The pixel buds pro are amazing. They are one of the few earbuds that manage to stay in my ears when I go jogging.

Luisantos090
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my foldable laptop because it turn quickly into a tablet where I can write on the screen. Its very handy to communicate ideas and pass on information. Regarding future tech on my phone, I would like it to be able to verify we're humans (anonymously) so we can stop having bot accounts everywhere 

DuncanRo_415208
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Future features for mobile tech could include:

- a dynamic sort screen for apps, by usage, instead of static screens of individually placed apps with sort options, such as last used, most used etc.

- far more visible average hourly/daily/weekly usage figures

- a SmartChat Smarty chap app for family members - with regular offers from Smarty

😋

MarkHin_1003866
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the amazing camera on my 14 Pro, it’s incredible!

Chefsolid
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What do you love most about your current devices?

Portability and performance of current premium smartphones is incredible.

What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

A future version of the HTC one would be amazing

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

Localised ChatGPT level functionality accessible by voice command and also integration with medical sensors for better health functionality.

DawnThur_983777
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I wouldn't be without my xiaomi poco phone as its my lifeline to family & friends and also holds vital information for everyday convenience.  I also reply on it for entertainment and music.  One of my favourite features is the fingerprint scan to unlock the home screen and also to access apps.  Its so useful not having to remember passwords.   I love the camera and how easy it is to edit photos.  Who needs a separate camera these days!

I don't think I would want to go back to the older classic devices as technology has moved on so much.

I think mobile tech will develop hugely in the future but for now I'm happy with what I have but always on the look out for more advanced features.

PatrickH_952573
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my smart home device because I have a routine in the morning for the device to automatically speak the current news, tell me the weather for today, and play relaxing music to start the day. I can also change the routine on the mobile app that connects to my device.

Rocking_1558454
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I Love my iPhone 14 Pro Max, beautiful sharp and responsive screen. Excellent Camera and dynamic island great feature.

GeoffDur_810021
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The tech that I would love to see updated is my 8 track player , how I love the clink as it changes tracks and large tapes that go in it or is that just nostalgia ?

Lydia_1571283
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my phone as I can use it for everything! It's my camera, storage, notepad, purse, shopping assistant, Internet, entertainment and idea hub! I'd be lost without it!

Triadian
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My old phone was a Huawei and my new phone is also a Huawei - when i logged into my new phone it asked did i want to copy/clone my old phones details took about 5 minutes and my new phone had everything my old phone had complete with saved games and everything.

StuartB_1479464
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

My Galaxy Bud Pros have got to be my favourite piece of tech. Comfortable and easy to use with great sound quality. 

DAVIDGIB_476262
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my iPhone as it saves all passwords so I don’t have to remember them 

MeryemDe_960540
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

The phone is the favourite as it is always accessible. 

DAVIDGIB_476262
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my iPhone as it remembers all of my passwords so I don’t forget them 

GeoffDur_810021
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I would love for my 8 track player to be updated to the 21st century oh how I love that clunk when it changes tracks or is the just me being nostalgic ? 

JanePoa_1663769
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I recently got a new phone and what I love about it is the camera quality and battery life 

pda
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The Pixel a series of phones are brilliant mid rangers and have awesome camera capabilities!! Cheap too!

KrisWil_1642020
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my wireless noise cancelling ear buds. They bring music/life / calm to a noisy noisy world. 

MarkLip_1572679
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My projector great cinema experience 

KarenSm_1754418
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Definitely my phone, it does everything I need on a daily basis. From watching films/programmes, tiktok, youtube etc to checking on bank balance to keeping in touch with friends, reading emails, being reminded of appointments to taking photos, doing my daily wordle and spellingbee and of course making calls!  My battery lasts a few days too which is great. 

MATHEWJA_366252
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The fact that modern mobiles can communicate with other smart technology is fantastic. Once you start using it, you can't go back. 1st world problems, like heating the electric car up in the morning is just something I can't do without.

Kittyrock83
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like that  I can use my finger print to unlock my phone and to access my banking apps and to confirm any payments .

zer0
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello

I am really excited about the development of mobile networks, and especially in terms of data transfer (speed, response, coverage, etc.) because the shift of service from wired providers allows me to feel much more free in this world where we work and play online. Of course, in the last mile part, not the backbone.

Regards.

JimmyWa_1678675
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Favourite thing has to be face recognition for keeping prying eyes off ur phone 😂

BenFors_1308311
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Shares cloud storage and calendars to keep organised. My old p20 could have had a quicker camera. Bette zoom on cameras and 4K screen quality. 

MarieBro_481590
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I loving having a decent camera on my smartphone, photos of items I might buy , receipts as well as photos themselves. 

AnupamPa_261511
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would like the mobile tech to solve the problems with the battery 🔋 so that it lasts longer. We seem to be running out of juice very quickly. Imagine a situation where you had to fill up your car everyday. 

PaleMr69
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm really glad that fingerprint recognition works so well on new devices. Passwords can be an issue, face recognition is less reliable when glasses are involved, but fingerprint gets me out of trouble more often than not.

CarlMitc_934290
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My smartphone is my favourite piece of tech I would be so bored without it! Would love a fully modern version of the Nokia 3210 with the same toughness as the original would be great! In the future would love my smart device to project a 3d screen for watching videos!