YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,057 REPLIES 1,057

Scottishshell
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I home educate my children and this has been made so accessible and easy die to the technology we now have we have apps on mobiles for my English and science can read books and access resources at home or out and about. I never thought home education would be something I could do but a anyone can no mater  what level of education they have I'm so thankful for the advancement of technology for allowing this especially our mobile phones. If we have a written but of course work to compete my daughter used the own on my Samsung Note and writes that's my 2 fav features the apps and ease of homeschooling via technology. 

MarkLaw_1246765
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love being able to do everything with my phone, banking, social media, notes for work etc...would love the Nokia 3210 to be updated and as good as other devices currently available!!

In terms of future tech, volume control for my 5 children would be absolutely magnificent 😂😂

Try having 6 like me 🤣

RICHARD_1784324
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Just love my mobile wifi unit with data only sim, wifi everywhere when in my motorhome

Tyrone
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have an iPhone 7 what I most like about it is it’s camera I think it is very good quality for this time period.

pollo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My dinky Lenovo laptop. Absolutely bullet-proof and has never let me down.

MarkLaw_1246765
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love being able to do everything from my phone, banking, social media, notes for work etc...would love to see the Nokia redeveloped to compete with current models. 

In terms of future technology, a volume control for my 5 children would be absolutely magnificent 😂😂

Joshs1801
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best part about my device is the big screen and good memory so I am able to watch the sport on the go and also my children are able to watch their programs on it while waiting around buses or appointments. If only they had their own device 🤣

Nichola_1686999
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I loved the computer games on the old BBC computer like Elite and Revs. Groundbreaking at the time but I wonder what could be done if they were updated?

Elite has been remade and it's epic! 

Wardysays
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Great idea 🙂 

IPhone 13 Pro/iPad Mini 6/AirPods Pro/Apple Watch Ultra

angelam65
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Love honor 9, great phone 4 the price. 

angelam65
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Tablet (M5) needs more responsive keyboard

GrahamS_1699269
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Although I own an old phone I love how you can control and access all manner of things from it. Everything from online banking, a godsend since the closure of my local bank, to hassle free shopping with the SmartShop app. Just need more phone memory! 🙂

JamesLa_1497769
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

tbh my favourite bit of tech is mobile battery development 

Wardysays
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

I’ve had every system and at one point I was running Android and IOS. I’m now 100% Apple and I love its integration and how it all just works around my life.

• What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

I just want a Game Boy mini! Go Nintendo Go!! 

less carrying around and seamless integrated into life. Wearables are a step forward as my phone is heavy!!

IPhone 13 Pro/iPad Mini 6/AirPods Pro/Apple Watch Ultra

StephenQ_492484
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My TCL 20 5g is a great phone with plenty of memory a decent camera and android auto for music in the car 

Angelit_1482233
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have my dream phone at the moment and thank God for people who create technology with much care to Mother Earth. Proudly presenting my Fairphone 4, besides of the chip, everything is replaceable. Anything broken, just purchase the part and send the faulty parts back to them, voila! Interface is working as smooth any other "branded" Android phones. Even it packaging is 100% recyclable! After sales service is efficient, and helpful!

Classic device to revive will be Nokia N900 for me, the longest lasting and stable smartphone. At that time when I had it, their EVIMap technology already ahead of any other navigation devices. A keyboard that I can feel when I type, great screen size as well!

I would LOVED to see a mixture of N900 and Fairphone 4 with a good camera one day!

DavidBr_1364600
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • On my phone I love the camera, amount of storage and the compatibility with games. I have to choose one? Okay, the camera! 😂

• I'd like to see 3D TVs with no glasses required (like the Nintendo 3DS).

• Call me old fashioned, but I like a keyboard and love a game pad. Remember the PlayStation phone? It'd be cool to have a slide away keyboard (interchangeable with a game pad) 

Engineersparks
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPhone 13 Pro Max I can watch moviesat home, in bed or on the beach or where ever i am on holiday.

Michaela
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Nokia G20 because while affordable the battery life has genuinely lasted ages, even when I use it all the time 😅.

Next time I really need to go for better camera features I think though.

DanielS_1626474
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love that I have compatibility with all my devices(IOS).
A future feature could be to be able to use multiple devices in the same time for playing music, recreating a stereo sound

Rabi
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Qns: What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

• Reduce in carbon footprint by using more recycled materials during manufacturing process of the phones.
  • Better and longer lasting battery life of the phones.
  • More bendable phones from different phone brands. With smaller phone surface, the space occupied in our pocket/ bag will be lesser. With lesser spaces occupied, we can place more things in our pocket/ bag.

DarrenL_1209226
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My 13 Pro Max dives me every feature needed especially when used on the smarty network. 

RobNewm_1309511
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Living the van life my Huawei MiFi box and great SIM card deals from Smarty have been amazing at keeping me online virtually anywhere. I now pay less for my unlimited MiFi box card and a separate card for my phone than I was just for my phone SIM on another network. And never an issue with connection, unless of course in a signal blackspot, for my phone, laptop or any other device. Winning!!! 🏆

Virgilijus-_-
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my phone since its battery lasts for two solid days of daily usage and it has a great camera under daylight conditions

Sounds great, what kind of phone is that? 

RossBlak_801282
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Recently got a Samsung tablet, very impressed with the speed and sensitivity. Very useful as my phone is old. 

What happened to Sega, I like the simplistic nature and innocence of games, kinda like games that don't have to be online. 

Virgilijus-_-
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my phone since its 5000mAh battery lasts for two full days!

ImreGorocs928
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite bit of tech is definitely my smartphone, but I also like my 360 camera as it captures moments as they are in full surround view. 

JakeTho_1237598
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

i love my iphone as it is much quicker than phones used to be and can do much more than most pieces of tech nowadays

Joshhc92
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The features my steamdeck offers, AAA PC gaming, emulation and a whole Linux PC in a handheld device

AndreiC_1744130
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My curent device allows me to have enough memory storage,  watch videos, movies,  navigate on social media,  using navigation apps and more. Further device could have a better battery life, image,  camera, wifi and data speed. Maybe in near future the devices will can charge without cables and free access to Internet without limit. Cheapest prices for new technology and all gadgets. )))

JakeTho_1237598
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I lovw my iphone as it is much quicker and easier to use than phones used to be.  It is also cabable of taking amazing high quality photos and videos

ChrisPad_360790
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my smart phone, has a person who takes pictures all the time, The Quality of the camera is insane, 

AndiDar_1977
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the fact with a mobile phone it's basically your pocket entertainer, able to do so much with them, but I would to have a phone with either a 3d screen or holographic screen, making the image come to life.

gemilyk
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the ability to screen record with mic capture (Samsung S20 FE). Brilliant for recording tutorials and also sharing things I've seen online with friends, personalised with my running commentary 🤣

Muhamma_1306044
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smartphones are one of, if not the fastest-growing technology of our times. Although it won't happen overnight, introducing the above features will push us into the next era of mobile technology: an age where phones can last for up to one whole week of use, are less harmful to the planet, have a truly uninterrupted display, and offer a seamless software experience.

AlmaTae
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the simplicity and ease of use if my Pixel 6. The camera ceases to amaze me.

The old tech I would love to see updated and usable now would be the HTC Desire C mobile or any of that ilk. It's so light, small and cute & fits in your pocket.

JonboiLongboi
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the quality of smartphone cameras nowadays. It's so nice being able to look back at videos of concerts in decent quality to reminisce.

I would love for there to be a greater abundance of new walkman-esque devices for playing tapes etc.

In future devices I would love to see materials utilised within tech progress to a point where they are extremely resistant to damage.