cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi calling om Moto phone

Dducks22
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I bought a Moto G54 recently wanting it partly for wi-fi calling. Just after I bought it, it seemed that wi-fi calling was working. But now it doesn't.

I have a Moto G82 which gives me wi-fi calling, so this rules out many possible problems for the G54 such as weak signal from the router. The difference seems to be that the G82 in Network Settings has a section Calls & SMS, where you can toggle wi-fi calling, but the G54 has no such section.

Although both phones are using SMARTY, the mobile network in Settings on the G82 is 3 but for the G54 it is SMARTY. Would that make a difference? If so how do I change the network for the G54?

I know the G82 is on the SMARTY list of wi-fi calling compatible phones and the G54 is not but when I first started to use wifi calling on the G82 I don't think it was on that list. Other people seem to have the same problem: it comes down to - if you want wifi calling first buy your phone and try it out. If it doesn't do wi-fi calling then tough.

I need to have wi-fi calling on the G54 so I'll have to move on from SMARTY. Does anyone have advice about which network would definitely provide this, at a reasonable price?

Apologies for the long post. I would be grateful for any advice.

0 REPLIES 0