cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weirdest SIM complaint you'll see

TomSpre_1832120
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hi all - I'm curious if anyone knows about this. This came about because I have had to order a new SIM (old one somehow broke?????)

I requested this replacement SIM to my current address. As per my own browser cookies on my one month old laptop, this is the only address I have ever used and the only address on autofill. I have lived at my current address for longer than I have been a customer of SMARTY (since Feb 23). My SIM is somehow being delivered to my old address which I categorically cannot have entered (otherwise would show up in my browser cookies). I have not lived there for almost 3 years - so is it in any way explainable that i'd mindlessly put in my 3rd most recent address which I haven't lived at for a long period of time?.

As I have said before (and will be able to evidence with screenshots), my current device, and customer history is far too young for this information to have been available to SMARTY or input. So how has this happened? I've heard of orders being shipped to outright incorrect addresses that didn't match the input address before from places like Amazon, Vodafone etc. but this seems slightly different and quite concerning to me. 

Conveniently (or rather inconveniently) I am now going on holiday as of Saturday 26th, for a week. With no working phone. In a foreign country where I don't speak the local language well. No data. No communications with anyone. It's not the end of the world but now this holiday I'm going on is just going to be way more stressful and annoying than it needs to be. This all could have been avoided if the SIM cards were of acceptable quality/durability and there wasn't this random 5 day delay policy. If I know i am not going to receive said SIM why can I not re-request? It is impossible for me to obtain it. 

Why is it such a pilgrimage to get a SIM?

So my main questions are:
1. What are SMARTY doing with my data and why do they have it? There's nothing in T&Cs about obtaining past address data from third parties. I need to know why or how SMARTY has my old address even though it should not be on record and has never even been a cookie/autofill on my current laptop which I used to place my order for the new SIM. This feels like it's illegal to me, but can't succinctly word the question well enough to get any answers elsewhere.
2. Given the inconvenience, and if provable regarding the address error not being my fault (if it could even get that far. Chatbot prevents me talking to any people), would I or could I be reimbursed at the least for the 10 or so days I am now going to be going without a phone despite having paid for this months services already?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

I have replied on your other thread.