cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was on a doubled 30gb deal

leedorney
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

So I was on 60gb a month, but I noticed it was reducing astoundingly fast over about 3 months, so now I'm on 100gb for 12 quid, I feel 3/Smarty have screwed with the variable/algorithm to get the more cash imo..

4 REPLIES 4

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Have you changed your usage pattern over the last three months,  streaming more etc ? Using your phone as a hotspot ?

With an iPhone, you can go into settings, select “Mobile Ssrvice”, scroll down below the list of active SIM(s), and you can see your data usage. If you have an iPhone, check that, see if you can spot any anomalies. I guess Android phones will have a similar capability too. 

I haven’t noticed anything odd, I am on the £8 for 50 GB offer, which renews a week today, and I have 10.1 GB left.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@leedorney  As @JJP2RidesAgain  rightly says, your device should show a log of data used and what apps used it. Best to check that first.

leedorney
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

@ JJP & MSP - there hasn't been any increase in data over at least 2months + for me so I side with my post.. interestingly when I was with Giffgaff I was on 30gb a month so it's strange that at Smarty it's tripled.. but either way: I'm paying 12 quid for a 100 GB maybe the amount of data apps are using has increased.. #itiswhatitiseh

@leedorney  If you have some evidence that your phone is using less data than Smarty is recording against your Smarty Plan, then why not send a screen grab from the phone attached to a complaint email?

The fact that you were on a lesser plan with GG does not necessarily mean that your phone is not using more data now.