Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating payment card results in immediate charge & increase in tariff

Vikingbeard
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi.

A few months ago I signed up for the special offer £16 unlimited plan (usually £20).

Recently I have added a new payment card to my dashboard in preparation for changing banks.

When trying to switch to the new card there is an immediate request for £20 to be taking with a message saying I start paying £20 per month.

I'm at a loss to understand why this would be the case when I have already been paying £16 for the past few months?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Simple answer is to have a webchat with Support as they can check your account and sort it for you. Probably a case of the system being confused by the change 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Simple answer is to have a webchat with Support as they can check your account and sort it for you. Probably a case of the system being confused by the change 

Padraig
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

This is still a problem, when using the web based Dashboard, I was also asked to approve a payment of £20 by my bank.

However when I went to the Smarty Android app I was able to enable auto-renew without any problem.

@Padraig This is not the first time we have seen differences between the app and the website.

All very frustrating for people, but as long as you can get the desired result without too much aggro, all's good I suppose.

I'm sure that Smarty will eventually get it sorted. If it's of any help, all I can say is that once you are sorted, it seems to be stable. (I hope that's not famous last words!!)

I am having this problem now too. I cannot find a button anywhere that allows me to pay the £14 which is my actual plan rather than paying the £17 it’s trying to charge me. I need to pay this asap as when I pay on the day that it runs out and THEN has a button to pay, SMARTY is the only provider I’ve known that takes almost a day for my services to come back on again. Not ideal…

@Charlot_1841413 As I suggested, this is probably best dealt with via a web chat with Support Team.

JasonLon_369263
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've just had the same problem, have been with smarty for years, but now I've been issued a new debit card. It also asked me to make an immediate payment, so I just selected it to auto renew, just hope it goes through... I also wanted to double check I'd put the correct details in, but there's no facility to do that, as far as I can see, or how to delete my old card? Smarty needs to get on top of this, as it's very confusing...

@JasonLon_369263  Why not web chat with Support team so that they can look at your account?