cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unrecognised APN appeared in router config whilst using Smarty SIM abroad.

Phil_596847
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am using a Smarty SIM in a Huawei Mifi router, currently roaming in the Netherlands. I made the lteration to the "3" APN as recommended for foreign use, by changing the APN to mob.asm.net. All is working fine and I am roaming on the KPN network, but I have noticed another new APN has appeared in the APN list in my router since inserting the Smarty SIM, for CTExcelbiz, with APN name tslpaygnet.

Google suggests that APN belongs to China Telecom. Is this normal, or something I should be concerned about?

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

I donโ€™t profess to be an expert in such matters but would certainly delete it if everything was working fine before.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Screenshot_20230613-101243_YouTube_1.jpg

Didnt realise that MVNO, which runs / ran on EE here in the UK, is still going and does indeed appear to have spread throughout Europe.

I think it started around 2010, but had assumed it was defunct, thinking it would be  well known in the same way Lebara and Lycamobile are for people living here from India, Pakistan etc.

Nothing to be worried about, your router must have picked up the APN of its Dutch network.

AlanLoa_2487540
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi Phill.

I have a motorhome wi fi and smarty card in router, can you tell me how to put APN in the router please

@AlanLoa_2487540  You need to get into the Settings for the router. Normally you can type into a browser url bar a number like 192.168.1.1 - this will be in the instruction manual. You then have access to the settings page and need the admin name and password. normally these are something like admin for both - again, refer to manual for details. Once there, you set the APN to mob.asm.net and all should be well.