cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS not sent to +1 844-325-...

JohnPad_1819680
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smarty failed to send to this number... with the last 4 numbers taken off by me for privacy. 

Is it an American number? 

I get the following message from smarty:

Sorry, but we haven't been able to connect you to this service as it isn't included in your plan. To find out how to, go to   SMARTY/EwcIKa 

2 REPLIES 2

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @JohnPad_1819680 

Thank you for contacting the SMARTY Community Forum!

If you're unsure about a specific number, you might need to search it online to determine its origin. Please note that if the number is chargeable, it may not be covered by your SMARTY plan, and you may be unable to answer such calls.

I hope this helps! - Jodie

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Yes, an American number - 844 numbers are freephone numbers *within the United States*, so you would need to add credit to your account to text it.

Complicating matters further is that, as 844 is for freephone numbers, it’s probably a landline which doesn’t accept text messages anyway. 

In North America, there is no single code for mobile numbers, like 07xxx here in the UK, they have three digit area codes the same as landlines, so, unless you specifically know you are calling a landline or mobile, you won’t know. 

I am in the USA at the moment, using a Phoenix area code number of 602 on my “Tello” account (Tello is an MVNO like Smarty). Unless you specifically knew it was a mobile number, you can’t differentiate between landline and mobile numbers in the USA and also Canada.