cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Coverage

dave21w
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I moved from 3 to Smarty (same network I know) to retain my roaming data. Every day I drive from Coventry to Tamworth and back for work. When 3G was available I could call my friend when I left work and we could chat all the way home (I use the Tamworth road route not the motorway) without any issues, as soon as they stopped calls going via 3G the coverage is terrible. Most of the time it will either cut me off or the audio is so bad you cannot tell what is being said to point I now don't talk to my friend on my commute as it's impossible to hold a conversation for more than a minute or two for at least 85% of the journey.  I have an iPhone and have for along time, just upgraded from a 15 Pro to a 16 Pro and it's no different so I know it's not the phone. The bit at the start about retaining my roaming is because I go to Cyprus alot, when over there my phone is fine. My partner is also on Smarty and she has the same issues traveling to / from Coleshill.

Come on Three / Smarty get your new networks working properly before switching off the old ones or this is 2 customers you will definitely be loosing - roaming or not !!

1 REPLY 1

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@dave21w  I'm not sure if you realise this, but you are writing to the Community Forum and not to Smarty direct. We are member just like you and so have no clout in such matters.

Have you completed a Network Status check for the postcodes involved? Could it simply be mast congestion  - maybe even caused by people having long conversations? 🤔