cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No mobile internet connection.

Emmeg75
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi. I'm looking for a bit of advice please. Just recently when I'm out and about my phone does not connect to the internet. I like to use Google Lens to identify plants when out walking but the app tells me there's no internet connection. I tried to look something up on Google just to make sure it's not the app, but got the same result.

Has anybody got any ideas as to what's happening?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi  Emmeg75

Coverage can vary from location to location and we may be working on your local mast you can check your network status here, https://bit.ly/3EzWp6u 

Thank you for your message. I clicked on the link to check coverage but pages came up blank! Have been out today and tried to get on Google chrome but no luck. Usual message - no network access. I don't know if this problem has got anything to do with the fact that this problem has only occurred since I activated data roaming to go abroad on holiday. I was having the same problem then. I think I am getting on some of my apps such as facebook....according to 'data usage by app'.

@Emmeg75  You only change settings on your device once to ensure that data roaming works and so that shouldnโ€™t affect anything.

If Facebook is using data, it looks like you are connecting -assuming that is not all happening via broadband WiFi (e.g. at home)

Emmeg75
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thank you for your reply. I'm still having the same problem. Been out today. Still can get Facebook and WhatsApp but nothing else , except received notification from another app but couldn't open the app. Turned off data roaming just to see if it would make a difference but no joy.

@Emmeg75  Odd indeed! You havenโ€™t by any chance got a vpn turned on?

May be worth a webchat with Support Team to see if they can throw light on it.

Emmeg75
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi. Thanks for your message. No I don't have a vpn turned on. I've been on web chat for over 2 hours. Thought it was sorted but went for a walk and no internet access. 

Rebeka

Are you a Smaty employee?

@Emmeg75  Fairly sure that she isโ€ฆnote the blue letter S by her name and her use of the term โ€œweโ€.

Emmeg75
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thank you. I was on chat for hours yesterday. I did everything they told me to and more but still no progress.

I'm sure it's the sim but going to the phone shop today just to make sure I haven't done something so ridiculously obvious!