cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National lottery app as stopped connecting

MarkBra_1050368
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The national lottery app as worked fine untill about 2 days ago. I followed the usual advice i.e. reloading the app, rebooting phone but without result. Any suggestions why it is no longer possible using Smarty sim to connect to the national lottery web page  i.e. have Smarty change access rules to gambling sites using their sim? Will call them tomorrow but thought I'd ask here to see if this was a known issue.

3 REPLIES 3

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

I have no problem with the national Lottery app or webpage WHEN IN THE UK.

Would you currently be roaming outside the UK by any chance, as the National Lottery themselves block access to their app and website if you are outside the UK and Isle of Man, as you need to be physically in the UK and Isle of Man to buy tickets. 

Also, if you are using a VPN or DNS resolver app such as “ControlD” the National Lottery will again block access, as they won’t be able to guarantee that you are trying to buy tickets whilst being physically present in the UK or Isle of Man.

Graham_1970
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have the same issue using 5g sim router, just wont load. Turn off wifi and opens fine with o2 mobile data. Any suggestions . I have parental lock off.

@Graham_1970  I wonder if this is down to National Lottery not being able to pinpoint where your actual device is operating from due to it 'hotspotting' from the router.