Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei H112-370 5G cannot connect to internet

DamianC
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, 

I had previously been successful in connecting to the internet at home using a Smarty sim in a Huawei H112-370 5G router.  I have been out of the country recently for several months however, during which I suspended use of the Smarty sim since I didn't want to pay the Smarty monthly fee unnecessaily for home internet service while I was away.   On my return to the UK yesterday, I immediately  renewed the Smarty sim online and I have verified (using a mobile phone) that both voice calls and mobile data are working fine on the sim card.  I did that to make sure that the sim itself has not been deactivated yet due to long periods of inactivity.  When I popped this sim back into the Huawei 5G router however, I discovered that I can no longer connect to the internet, even though I am getting green lights on the router for both 4G and 5G signals.  I have verified that there has been no disruption to 4G or 5G signal coverage in my area.  I have also tried rebooting the router several times.  Still no internet connection.

Can anyone else using a Huawei  H112-370 5G router with a Smarty sim confirm that they can still access the internet or is this a policy change (I hope not !) to no longer support Huawei routers ?

3 REPLIES 3

GaryHut_2578704
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I have the same problem. The APN needs updating but the instructions on how to do so are wrong.

@GaryHut_2578704  Can you not contact Huawei Support?

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@GaryHut_2578704  Did you try putting 192.168.1.1 into the url bar of your browser access settings for the router?