cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D

MartynTu_937731
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi, I'm located at post code ll499ur and over the last 2 weeks my internet connection has been absolutely terrible,every 30secs sometimes less my connection keeps dropping off,I've checked the three website and they reckon there's no reported problems but this is unacceptable,the connection has always been pretty good but I think it's time to have a look at other options because this is unacceptable

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@MartynTu_937731  This does seem unfortunate. You are not writing directly to Smarty here - this is the Community Forum and we are members just like you. That means we don't have control over the service you are receiving.

Always worth a web chat with Support Team to register your problem.

Are your calls and texts also affected? If the whole service is poor and doesn't improve soon, you may indeed have no other option than to move to another provider who has a good signal in your area.

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Firstly, this is the Smarty community forum, we are customers just like you.

Section 5.15 of Smarty’s terms and conditions state that Smarty is not to be used as a long term replacement for home broadband, so they may well have realised what you are doing, and reduced your connection speed. Time to pony up for a fixed line connection.

Responsible use – Unlimited Data Only Plans
5.15 Our Unlimited Data Only SIM plans are for personal, non-commercial use only and can be used in SIM enabled tablets or
laptops and portable mobile WI-FI devices and is uncapped for this use. This SIM card should not be used as a permanent
long-term alternative to home broadband. If we determine in our sole opinion that your use of the SMARTY Services is in
breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or exceeds that reasonably expected of someone using the Service for legitimate
personal, non-commercial use, then we may at our discretion terminate (in accordance with Section 9), or Suspend (in
accordance with Section 8), or restrict your SMARTY Service. As an example, without limitation, we consider that if you
regularly tether more than 8 devices that this is unlikely to be legitimate personal, non-commercial use.