cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card being blocked since I joined Smarty

William_1780667
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,  since I joined Smarty last week online purchases are failing for me using my credit card.  When I phoned my bank they said "have you recently changed your SIM?" and they told me that they find this a lot when people change mobile provider and that I should contact my new mobile network provider.  It is particularly strange as I'm not even making these purchases via my phone but am doing it on my computer via wi-fi.  Anyone come across this and have any advice for how to cure it?   Thanks, Bill

1 REPLY 1

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

When credit cards are stolen/cloned, often the perpetrator tries to make some lowish value purchases to check if the card will work. I wonder if the sudden change to a new mobile network has triggered this?

At the end of the day, your credit card company are responsible for taking off any block, so hopefully they have done that to allow you to use the card.

From personal experience, the vigilance of credit card companies has been useful when we had a card cloned. They immediately spotted 'unusual spending' and blocked the card and contacted us. Although it can be very frustrating, it can also be very useful to have them watching out!