cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100gb voice sim v 100gb data only sim

JohnKey_1502251
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi , I'd be very surprised if this hasn't been asked before but can anyone tell me what's the advantage to getting a 100gb data only sim at £17  v getting a 100gb voice sim at £12 if the answer is nothing it doesn't make sense.

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@JohnKey_1502251  I think you are correct in saying that it has been asked before, but I do not think that we have had a definitive reply gelled from information given by Messrs. Smarty.

I have trawled the FAQ's and cannot find anything to suggest that data on a data-only plan is different from data on a voice plan.

Unless anybody can tell us something different, I would suggest that you have a prime opportunity to save £5 - result!!

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@JohnKey_1502251  Forgot to say....... (and cannot edit)......may be worth running this via a web chat to get it directly from the horse's mouth.

lukefow_2033993
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

it is called a con, if you bought the data only plan you would be paying more for less

GolfGTI
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

A lot of providers charge a premium for data SIMs simply because customers of them are much more likely to use the full allowance whereas mobile SIM users rarely do.

That's the reason for the price gap, but as far as it matters to us as customers, you'd be a bit of a wally not to just pick the cheaper option. 

Agree!