Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win Tickets

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0108 Landing Page Card_600x420PX_v2_Opt2.jpg

You, your bestie and 90's icon Natalie Imbruglia at a show money can't buy... sounds pretty incredible, right? There’re 10 pairs of tickets up for grabs and every SMARTY customer has the chance to enter. Try your luck below.

Tell me more

This money-can’t-buy experience will take place at Virgin Radio's Sunset Sessions with SMARTY on Friday 29th September. ​

Hosted by drivetime legend Ricky Wilson, Natalie Imbruglia will perform an honest, intimate and stripped back set of her biggest and best hits. This exclusive performance will be set at the top of the NewsUK tower in London as the sun sets across the city – what an experience, right?

But hurry, the competition closing date is just around the corner…

Fancy it?

To enter you’ll need to respond below, telling us “What has been your favourite live gig and why?” We can’t wait to read your answers.

Terms and Conditions

1. The Prize Draw opens on 4th September 2023 at 09:00 and closes on 10th September 2023 at 23:59 (“Promotion Period”).
  2. No travel or accommodation expense will be covered.
  3. To be eligible to enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and be registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period, who is over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”)
  4. Those attending the event consent to their and their guests’ details being shared with News Broadcasting Limited and their contractors to facilitate the Prize and for SMARTY to use their names, photographs and any quotes they provide about the Event in any SMARTY marketing activity across some or all media channels.

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed, and we will make the draw for the winners from all the eligible entries  and contact them in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your email inbox. Make sure you check your spam folders too, just in case.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over 560 posts and have had an amazingly diverse range of response, from Christian festivals to back-room-of-a-pub gigs, from massive stadium concerts to someone’s wedding. It’s been brilliant reading them all. Thank you.

And it’s never too late to see live music; go to a big venue, visit a festival, or just see what your local arts’ centre has on. You never know what you’re going to find.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

We were delighted to welcome SMARTY competition winners to watch this intimate performance with Drivetime host Ricky Wilson hosting the event.

1696605265402.jfif1696605260325.jfif1696605263318.jfif

586 REPLIES 586

pjw159
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pink Floyd at Docklands 1989 - because it was a truly immersive experience!

ScottCh_1808568
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite gig? The prodigy in Glasgow in the 90s supported by the foo fighters. Beat that 🙂

Broccolisnapper
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Simon and Garfunkel supported by The Everly Brothers, Old Friends Tour, Manchester Arena 2004.  A 70s child I grew up listening to the lp A Bridge Over Troubled Waters.  My mum's favourite band was The Everlys.  It was a magical, once in a life time show.

VisSup
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Jessie J in Bournemouth. Was a small intimate venue and gig, amazing to feel so close and part of the experience, rather than just a number in a massive venue. I keep looking for small venues and gigs to go to, but so difficult to get tickets as most artists want to only do the big stadium tours now. Would love another intimate gig to go to. 

Jie2010
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

T in the park at balado and seen James and the killers excellent 

GaryGric_704563
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

GaryGric-704563

Jools Holland at De Montfort Hall Leicester with Enrico Rodriguez and Ruby Turner in support, legends!

Smart_me1066
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite concert was the Princess Diana concert at Wembley in 2007. Oops, it shows my age. The Club Wembley tickets only cost £46 each. I enjoyed the best ever live performances without waiting for supporting acts to end. Every second of the six hour concert was unforgettable.

Carolin_1071680
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Robbie Williams live at Knebworth back in 2003. At the time, Robbie played to the largest crowd in live music history! The show was amazing and being part of the 375,000 people in the crowd was spectacular!

Carolin_1071680
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Robbie Williams live at Knebworth back in 2003. At the time, Robbie played to the largest crowd in live music history! The show was amazing and so was being part of the 375,000 people in the crowd!

Min_ni33
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Ive done a few and each one is an experience but would have to say was seeing Pete Tong Ibiza anthems. I got the tickets as a surprise for my mums birthday we had along of fun. Dancing the night away. 

joanneN_1901132
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Marillion hull city hall fantastic atmosphere despite been at the very edge of covid restrictions lifting.. Couldn't dance or anything but was still great x

NorseTitan
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Download Festival 2016! Amazing bands big and small, nothing like the live experience 🙂

EddieCar_307490
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best gig ever was Pink Floyd (another brick on the wall) in London when I was 18 years old, 43 years ago lol

NorseTitan
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Download Festival 2016... Amazing bands big and small, nothing like being there live in person for the experience!

KayCraw_1686533
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Robbie Williams - Knebworth! 250,000 people- it was amazing 

DavidCl_1475685
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Prince at Wembley arena many years ago. So much energy on stage. Brilliant!

JaimeAR_2024583
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Omar's album launch of "Love in beats". 

Great vibes, music and crowd

ElaineS_2246004
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Duffy - the venue was really small and the atmosphere was buzzing!

JaimeAR_2024583
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Omar's album launch of "Love in beats". Great music, vibes and crowd.

WayneMe_2150320
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert at Wemley. So many artists and such a high and low for paying tribute to Taylor Hawkins

StevenS_1508307
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Never been to a concert before as I can’t afford it. But I did attend a free live gig once in Toronto for Carly Rae Jepson’s new album launch and it was super cool. Would love to experience a concert sometime

StaceyS_1740611
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Mine was seeing Skepta at motion in 2014, right before he got really famous. Me and my friend were right at the front and were buzzing! 

HelenBa_1725415
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

This year i have managed to attend three live music events my absolute favourite has to be kiss! This was my first and obviously last time i would see them tour and they were Amazing to watch and be a part of.

StaceyS_1740611
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Skepta in Bristol at motion. It was in 2014 just before he became really famous. Me and my best friend were right at the front by the stage and were buzzing! 

StuartBeh_48726
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite Gig was in 1964 when I saw the Beatles live at Caird Hall in Dundee with my Mother and Grandfather   Totally unforgettable and I can still hear them in my head now as I type this. 

Nicole_309969
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Greenday on The Hella Mega Tour at London Stadium 2022. Touring with Fall Out Boy and Weezer. What a nostalgic concert! It was the first gig since lockdown so was amazing to see everyone together again 'rocking out'. Goosepimples were felt when confetti canons went off, fireworks and everyone singing along to Good Riddance with the phone torches on. It really took me back to my teenage years and I absolutely loved it. You cannot beat the atmosphere of a live concert.

artdecogirl
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Shania Twain at Hyde Park.  Apart from being a brilliant performer who entertains for many hours - no short concerts for her - but I actually got to meet her and to go up on stage with her. It was an unbelievable sight, looking out on 100,000 plus crowd while she performed.

Stephen_1485903
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

LSO doing John Williams wiyh a cosplay Darth Vader taking over conducting by force choking conductor and Boba Fett taking over drums!

Natasha_1077392
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

professor green falmouth

joan armatrading glasgow

kasabian leicester

madonna manchester

**bleep** pistols iow

robbie williams old trafford

i know the answer was supposed to be favourite and why but I love music, never realised just how much I had seen live though through partying rather than listening but even so to choose out of such amazing talent and the list goes on was impossible. Music creates moments and I only hope I have many more especially now I’m listening louder. Everything crossed lol 🙏

susancar_727167
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Live Aid.  Need I say more?

REECERO_1816531
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite Gig was seeing Florence and the Machine back in 2018 -this also happened to be my FIRST live gig. The energy of the audience was electric; she performed so beautifully - literally floating across the stage. By the end of the GIG it felt more akin to a spiritual ritual.

JimmyLewis74
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

James Bay at the O2 in Boscombe last November. As good live as he is streamed!

MartyMcfly
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

46 years old and has never been to a live gig. Would love to get to one at some point, but always something else needs paying.

GlynisB_1787184
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

It's a close call between Queen in Birmingham and Aerosmith in Dublin.Both groups that i grew up with and each concert brought back so many happy memories of the wonderful times myself and my partner have spent together in the last 40+ years. Good luck everyone !

NS800
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Fav live gig was for Iron Maiden, in London, on a VIP package. Everything was mind-blowing, from the moment we got on the tube, with all the fans wearing Iron's shirts to the very end, seeing people going home completely wasted but still chanting their favourite songs.

GaryHarr_213010
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

GaryHarr_213010
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hope I win 

ChrisRi_1726710
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Max Bygraves at the Bournemouth Pavilion Theatre.  Sat next to his wife Blossom, best seats in the house. 😀🤣

RayHarg_1868130
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best live gig was the eagles at the nec complex just before Glen Frey passed away,awesome and memorable never to be relived unfortunately 

GaryHarr_213010
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hope i win