Did you mean: 

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0157_Summer_Giveaway_Featured_Post_600x420px_Opt1@1x.png

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

From a posh picnic to a grand getaway!

Would jetting off with a friend to Europe for a fabulous 4* city break complete your summer?

Well, it’s one of the BIG prizes up for grabs in our huge summer giveaway – win 3 nights in a 4* hotel for two with return flights, private airport transfers, travel insurance and £200 spending money. And when it comes to choosing the destination, you’re the boss. Take your pick of return flights from selected UK airports to either Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Lisbon, Paris, Prague, Rome or Stockholm. The prize is worth over £2,500!

That’s not all, there’s loads of these great prizes up for grabs too:

• Fortnum & Mason picnic hampers x 5
  • Luxury three-piece luggage sets from Rock x 5
  • GoPro HERO 12 cameras x 5
  • Beats SOLO 4 wireless headphones x 5
  • Tile Pro 4 pack (to keep track of your luggage) x 5
  • Tile Pro 2 pack x 10

HOW CAN I WIN BIG?

It’s so easy. Just answer this question to be entered into the prize draw for your chance to bag our grand getaway or one of our other super prizes:

• What is your best hack for summer getaway?

The Prize Draw opens 22/07/24 at 10:00 and closes on 01/09/24 at 11:59 (“Promotion Period”). 

To enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and have an active plan as at the end date of the Promotion Period.  Entrants must have registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period and be over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”).

Only one entry per entrant. Winners will be selected at random.

For full terms click here

Team SMARTY

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries. Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had almost three thousand posts !

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

2,844 REPLIES 2,844

KeithBu_2385482
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Be “Smarty” travel light!

CliveWalshy
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best hack is to get out in the countryside. Spend a night under stars and enjoy the fresh air. 

DavidBo_2656167
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A Getaway Hack, is to load up your pack, keep it close by your bed, search the Web.

when the signal comes and a low cost deal is done, you can run to the plane, and jet off to Spain.

other destinations are available too…

TiaraMi_2323138
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Save travel documents (travel insurance, flight tickets, hotel booking) to files, so they are easily accessible via your phone

CliveWalshy
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best hack is get out in the countryside and spend a night under the stars. 

IanShar_1252732
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Staycation. Pack up the caravan, pick your spot and take plenty for picnics and barbecues. Can't beat it.

MartynB
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

We use travel to France!! 

MartynB
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

We travel to France 

StevenHe_707157
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Be sure to get some out of plan addon data to last your time away its cheep so dont scrimp.

VivianC_2358645
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Enter the competition and win so you don't have to py for the get away lol 

LaurenB_2788102
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Packing cubes and items of clothing that can be used in different styles to save space!

MartynB2
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

EUROCAMP HOLIDAYS ARE GREAT FOR SUMMERTIME 

YvonneMc_959576
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I like to roll my clothes before they go into the case. However, I wrap the first item (a thick one), around a deodorant tin. It stops creasing at the shoulders/bottom of the garment. Then I start layering the clothes around the same it gradually getting to the thinner items of clothing and the placing them into packing cubes. I use socks, underwear, straighteners for the same purpose. If you take care doing it, really works. 

BrianMa_1633730
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Morning sherry stay merry 😂🤣😅

Don't take everything so serious 

MartynB_1705213
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Head to the south of France and drive I your own car, no airplane delays, you won't regret it! 

KathyAd_2039355
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack light!

sunnydale150
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Travelling out of high season but close to it, getting the best mix of weather and price! 😍

Addis
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack a pair of cheap water shoes before you go as Euro beaches are not always sandy.

Phillip_2134078
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Plan an itinerary in advance and make arrangements so that you can enjoy the holiday 

RossCla_1884506
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Planning but leave room for spontaneous changes. 

Mika_1353236
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

First make sure you have passports and all paperwork necessary. But other than that, challenge yourself to pack only 30 minutes before leaving. Yes, you will forget things. However, you will also realise you don't need as many things. And then you'll know the joy of travelling light, saving money, time and stress on preparing that small luggage. 

Lizzy69
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Freeze most of your drinks. Then put in a cool bag with the non frozen ones and you have nice cool drinks all day.

JaniceB_2331892
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pack  light and  try something different to experience  new adventures and make memories.

RachelT_2308100
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Writing a list of what to take... Put a tick next to it when you've packed the item. Take the list with you and cross the item off when you've packed it to come home.... You won't miss anything then! 

PatrickF_673503
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Meditate and use sun cream.

Alka_Ashtek
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Ensure you have travel insurance, a working international roaming mobile plan, a multi-currency bank card, and travel light... 🙂

SaiPar02
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Bring spair clothing in ur carry on lugagge in case ur luggage comes delayed or missing.

DonnaBa_1958759
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Sun, Sea & Smarty 🙂

YvetteR_1591098
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

When going to a country with different plugs, take a multiple gang extension lead then you'll only need 1 adapter to plug it into to use all of your electrical stuff at the same time. 

Josseli_1952673
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My hack is to search for the best flights first and not having a set destination in mind.

DavidCr_1155261
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

go somewhere difficult to get to and it won't be too busy! In the UK my suggestion would be south wales - beautiful countryside, reasonable prices and fantastic long sandy beaches

Jonatha_2212118
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Well my normal best back for a summer getaway, is very simply to leave it to the last possible moment, I have been doing it for years and and have managed to get my self some amazing cheap holidays all over the globe 

Mikeyquake45
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Vacuum pack your clothes, leaves more room for gadgets.

LeeCull_2437211
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Roll your clothes rather than folding, easier to pack and less creases at the other end. 

DaleHar_2769765
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best hack for a summer getaway is plan ahead do your research where ur staying I went away a few months ago n the place we went was a dump we could of stayed in a nice hotel for wot we paid but we still made the best of it our last holiday for awhile as my partner has just got cancer so this getaway will be great for us thank you 

DeanThomas
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Book flights for your destination, then contact a hotel directly and book the preferred price of a room. This way you avoid the holiday companies charging for flights and "per person" for room.

FredLea_1156680
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Always cut your toenails before going on holiday.

CalumBra_479203
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Don’t get pregnant right before going to Porto if you had planned to try the port

PeterBa_2567882
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Take an extension lead and one travel adaptor, the you can plug all your uk accessories in no drama