Did you mean: 

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0157_Summer_Giveaway_Featured_Post_600x420px_Opt1@1x.png

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

From a posh picnic to a grand getaway!

Would jetting off with a friend to Europe for a fabulous 4* city break complete your summer?

Well, it’s one of the BIG prizes up for grabs in our huge summer giveaway – win 3 nights in a 4* hotel for two with return flights, private airport transfers, travel insurance and £200 spending money. And when it comes to choosing the destination, you’re the boss. Take your pick of return flights from selected UK airports to either Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Lisbon, Paris, Prague, Rome or Stockholm. The prize is worth over £2,500!

That’s not all, there’s loads of these great prizes up for grabs too:

• Fortnum & Mason picnic hampers x 5
  • Luxury three-piece luggage sets from Rock x 5
  • GoPro HERO 12 cameras x 5
  • Beats SOLO 4 wireless headphones x 5
  • Tile Pro 4 pack (to keep track of your luggage) x 5
  • Tile Pro 2 pack x 10

HOW CAN I WIN BIG?

It’s so easy. Just answer this question to be entered into the prize draw for your chance to bag our grand getaway or one of our other super prizes:

• What is your best hack for summer getaway?

The Prize Draw opens 22/07/24 at 10:00 and closes on 01/09/24 at 11:59 (“Promotion Period”). 

To enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and have an active plan as at the end date of the Promotion Period.  Entrants must have registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period and be over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”).

Only one entry per entrant. Winners will be selected at random.

For full terms click here

Team SMARTY

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries. Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had almost three thousand posts !

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

2,835 REPLIES 2,835

Agnese1112152
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Find cheap train tickets and go to a city I've never been in before 🙂

ColinJo_2695751
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Get a Smarty sim deal and roam free.

LauraSt_1238992
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Enter a competition and hope you win so you can go for free

LizardQueen
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

We always book accommodation through Airbnb and book flights separately. We’ve stayed in some amazing places for much less than all inclusive costs. Happy Holidays. 😃

Vanessa_2112731
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Learn important/ useful phrases in the country’s native language as this can make interactions easier and can end in really helpful advice and even small gifts! 

AaronDri_145060
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

a solar phone charger!

LauraBr_2826345
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Research where your going, look to stay outside the area if needed to save money on the stay 

SarahSm_2301006
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

After you get where you're going, take off your shoes and socks then walk around on the carpet bare foot and make fists with your toes.

AaronDri_145060
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

A solar phone charger!

Deborah_2559192
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Making sure phone is backed up and all documents etc are accessible. Plenty of storage to save photos too. 

DevanSh_1163165
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Planning

AnnWhit_2245452
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

If you take a neck pillow, take out the filling and stuff with socks and underwear to save packing space in your case 🙂

JamesLa_1580252
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Book a local tour guide for a walking tour to get orientated

Fvaca
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Carry a Multi-tool or Swiss Army Knife: A small, multi-purpose tool can come in handy for various situations, from opening packages to making minor repairs.

Eeyy
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pack your outfits into individual pouches

Gabz
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Setting up alerts on Skyscanner. I had to go to Barcelona in June, but when I first checked, flights were upwards of £200. Set up a few alerts and, through waiting and seeing the prices fluctuate, suddenly one day they were at £48. 

PeterSt_1732850
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Don’t change any money up before you go, instead use a debit or credit card that doesn’t charge you any fees when using abroad and gives you the best rates. If you need cash, then again use a debit card that doesn’t charge you to withdraw cash abroad. I went to Malta with my friends, they changed their money up in the UK, I simple withdrew my cash from an ATM in Malta and I got about an extra £100 for the same amount they paid. Do your research on the best cards to spend abroad on and withdraw cash from, don’t rely on your current bank giving you the best deals. 

BernieRGX
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Make sure your phone is up together with international roaming and data/calls with great smart app. 

RachelC_2061631
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Take talcum powder to remove sand from skin

BenThomp_581534
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Get the train rather than the plane if possible, much less stress

BenThomp_581534
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Take the train rather than the plane, much less stress

JanikaS_2002809
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Use packing cubes to organise and minimise your clothing. Game changer!

chrekya
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It's simple, do your research beforehand. It's frightening how a vacation that could be great is derailed by changed bus or train times, lack of data availability, or lots of other things.

DAVIDWHY_305038
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Always make a list and tick off on completion 

RH_28265
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Outdoor activities that don't cost too much money and get you closer to nature, long walks, beach, camping

CraigAn_2807220
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Don’t forget your swim trunks!!!

DavidFi_2105372
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Always advise your travel agent or hotel when booking  if it’s your birthday anniversary or special occasion, as this will always be met with a complimentary bottle of wine , birthday cake or room upgrade with a preferred floor level and view 😁

Rsilk22
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Be flexible and spontaneous and don't get stressed if plans change! 

Ceednot
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

good weather and smart communications service 

JacobKe_2815463
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

If you're on a budget and having a staycation, most (if not all) public museums in the UK have free entry.  Now I hear you with young kids saying "Museums would bore them to tears", but I have yet to meet a youngun that doesn't get excited when you mention dinosaurs 🦖.  Why not take them to a natural history museum that has a dinosaur and other extinct animal exhibit!  Be savvy when buying train tickets, go off peak and select a family ticket if available.  Also, check the local area of the museum for any nice parks and pack a picnic to keep costs down further.

Fr2ns
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

When you're looking for somewhere to eat, look for places full of locals, not tourists. The places the locals frequent are usually the most authentic, with ingredients that are more likely to be fresh. Same goes if you're looking for a specific cultural cuisine - look for restaurants that folks of that culture frequent!

AlisonW_2102840
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Take an empty water bottle through security, most airport retail outlets will fill your water bottle up for free . If you have a child/children with autism  a lot of airports have a quiet room just contact the airport before your holiday. If your taking floaters for the pool use a Sharpie to right your child’s name or a code so you know it’s your property, deters people from stealing them.

Above all have an amazing getaway 

SteveJo_1380335
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Packing cubes

HelderC_1617173
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Blend some Greek yoghurt with some raspberries or strawberries for a healthy ice cream lolly pops for the kids 🙂 always a winner!

BearWolfUK
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Worried about sand getting into your phone? Fear not! Activate “Emergency Beach Mode” by wrapping your phone in a plastic sandwich bag. It’s like a high-tech, low-budget scuba suit for your device.

EmilyWh_2622074
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Don’t be afraid to try new things! It’s all part of the experience.

Gregory_2864170
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Exchange your holiday money at your destination better rates of exchange and no credit card exchange fees 

RobertW_2010560
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Make sure that you register your SMARTY Phone for roaming 😉😎 RKW

DiljitS_2436583
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Download Google maps offline where you are  travelling.  You dont then need live data and this saves you money

LukeCampey
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Learn some of the local language before you go! You would be surprised how much joy it brings people when they hear you start a basic conversation in their mother tongue (The most useful is usually can I get a beer please! 😄 )