Did you mean: 

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0157_Summer_Giveaway_Featured_Post_600x420px_Opt1@1x.png

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

From a posh picnic to a grand getaway!

Would jetting off with a friend to Europe for a fabulous 4* city break complete your summer?

Well, it’s one of the BIG prizes up for grabs in our huge summer giveaway – win 3 nights in a 4* hotel for two with return flights, private airport transfers, travel insurance and £200 spending money. And when it comes to choosing the destination, you’re the boss. Take your pick of return flights from selected UK airports to either Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Lisbon, Paris, Prague, Rome or Stockholm. The prize is worth over £2,500!

That’s not all, there’s loads of these great prizes up for grabs too:

• Fortnum & Mason picnic hampers x 5
  • Luxury three-piece luggage sets from Rock x 5
  • GoPro HERO 12 cameras x 5
  • Beats SOLO 4 wireless headphones x 5
  • Tile Pro 4 pack (to keep track of your luggage) x 5
  • Tile Pro 2 pack x 10

HOW CAN I WIN BIG?

It’s so easy. Just answer this question to be entered into the prize draw for your chance to bag our grand getaway or one of our other super prizes:

• What is your best hack for summer getaway?

The Prize Draw opens 22/07/24 at 10:00 and closes on 01/09/24 at 11:59 (“Promotion Period”). 

To enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and have an active plan as at the end date of the Promotion Period.  Entrants must have registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period and be over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”).

Only one entry per entrant. Winners will be selected at random.

For full terms click here

Team SMARTY

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries. Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had almost three thousand posts !

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

2,845 REPLIES 2,845

Jennife_2760030
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Chat to the locals. They know the best bars and restaurants.

NickiMo_1491906
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Enter Smarty's competition, get your bags packed and keep your fingers (and toes) crossed!

Zee_1356771
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack less, wash your clothes while your away..

Zee_1356771
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack light and wash your clothes while you're away. 

FoziaAm_1833003
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Check all places to see and things to do before you go and your trip will be so much more enjoyable 

PaulineR_622518
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Prime your phone for travel. You'll need full charge & data for travelling, from booking confirmations to boarding cards, researching the area to directions. It will all add up. 😃

Valerie_2798773
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smart planning, simple packing.

Rogs128
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Google lets you download languages in Translate and the area you are visiting in maps. Do this before you leave home and they will both be available for use offline when you arrive at your destination.

Charlot_2194238
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Make sure international calls and roaming aren’t blocked before leaving the UK - I got stuck late at night in Venice in a thunderstorm and couldn’t call to get into my accommodation because I had forgotten to change this before I left the UK!

nievans1
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Discard 30% of the clothes you get ready (except perhaps undies!) - you won't need them all and you'll only bring them home unworn.

Richard_1571649
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Plan ahead, look up the best restaurants and places to visit before going. Also check out local buses for cheapest and best way to get around and see more .

HelenBr_1294118
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Look up! Sometimes we can be looking at our phones or books or maps or just walking around the streets and we miss the beautiful views above us. Sometimes it's the architecture or maybe just a beautiful blue sky (and yes this counts even a grey Britain)

Frances_1900861
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Make sure you have enough DATA 😳 - check out your T&C'S before heading off

Fiomakni-190719
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best hack for a summer get away is this, I make sure I roll up all my clothes into my bag and I pack a black sack for my dirty washing with a little box of washing powder and softener so I can wash the lighter stuff while away, I also find out if there is a box outside the travel reps office with stuff other travellers have left behind and see if there are any inflatables instead of packing them as they take up too much room. A very generous wipe down with some good wipes and away you go, then wipe them down and return them for someone else at end of our holiday. I also leave half bottles of sun lotion, shampoo and things like that in the box and even the washing powder because you never know who's forgotten them and they are so expensive on holiday. So my hack is pack the essentials and find out if your holiday rep has an office and a box for left over essentials and find your inflatables and then return them plus any extras you want ti leave instead of carrying half empty bottles or you want more room for duty free lol. Remember to pack the kiddies games and drinks for the travel too and i found paper and pens so they can make up new games as they travel is a great idea. X 

BilaalR
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I would highly recommend a water proof pouch for your phone, so that you can get great snaps this sizzling summer! 

Jinty
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Have a solar powered battery charger with two outputs 🙂

GhadaRah_362905
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Find a last minute deal

GhadaRah_362905
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Find a last-minute deal

Rebecca_1954732
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Planning all the different trips to go on and looking up the different cultural places

Alexand_2416179
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Spread family clothes across cases so if a case goes missing you all still have clothes!

PeterDu_1448682
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Don't forget your phone, charger and Smarty sim for roaming

Jatinde_2603693
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Prebook excursions and activities to save money and time in queues online.  Have free days in between to chill and relax 

JackG
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Always just hand luggage only but what you need out there and then choose the best to bring back and donate the extra if needed.

ConradF_1539324
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Don't forget the journey is part of the holiday, so try to make it fun and don't stress if things go wrong.

ConradF_1539324
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Remember the journey is part of the holiday so try and make it fun - and don't stress if things go wrong.

MartinP_2389456
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack some essentials in hand luggage ie: pants, socks, shorts, Tshirt, razor, tooth brush, or if you are a lady the equivelent in case luggage goes adrift. you then have a day of clean bits

PhilipS_2333593
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Put your after sun in the fridge for an extra cooling effect.

jackthechampion
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pack tissues and always carry napkins for wiping sweat

IainEvan_348772
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pack light, move fast.

SeanMac_2478476
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Make sure you have data on your travels- keeps everyone happy 

SusanSm_2528371
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Lay all the clothes you were thinking about taking out on a bed - then put a third of them back in the wardrobe!

SusanSm_2528371
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pack a special backpack for the kids to carry with little surprises in - and they aren't allowed to open them until you get to the most boring part of the journey 

EstherW_2021193
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Swap liquid toiletries with dry solid ones. 
Switching to dry solid toiletries is a packing tip for those who like to save space, avoid spillages and contribute to a greener environment free from single use plastic.

JakeLee_2640242
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Roll up clothes in suitcase, and of course take my smarty sim

Cameron_2514875
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Go somewhere less popular (cheaper)

Michell_2697564
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Enjoy yourself 

Cameron_2514875
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Travel somewhere less popular 

HughB
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Research, research, research - then throw caution to the wind…

Stephen_2664417
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Beach time lol

ianalde_1968720
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Only take hand luggage