cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Smarty 2 day gap

EllisWi_2878522
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm switching to Smarty I've sent my PAC code but the switch won't be complete until Friday. Does that mean I will have to do without until then or can I put the old SIM back in in the meantime?

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@EllisWi_2878522 Once your activate your new sim, it will have a random number allocated to it until yours is ported across. The number will show on your account dashboard and you should also see the live Smarty plan that you purchased.

This means that you can use your phone for calls/texts/data. The only problem may be that your contacts will not recognise that it is you due to the unusual number.

Thanks for your reply.

I have dual SIM card slots. Can I put my current card back in and use that until tomorrow or will it cause confusion with the switch over?

@EllisWi_2878522  Technically,I'm guessing that your old sim (previous network) will dead before the transfer, so it's your call.

I Think that I would go with the new sim and perhaps put your name in any texts you send so that people know who it is. (Not much you can do about calls though)