cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed and network problem

Hunique
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I bought a 30-day contract on Black Friday.
I was shocked at how slow the internet is.
I have never measured download speeds faster than 5Mb (4G) (Speedtest).

Even rebooting does not help. In fact! I also reset the network connections. Maybe that will make it better. It didn't.
Signal strength: -94 dBm 41 asu. Whatever that means.
The phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro MIUI 14, Android 13.
Any idea before I change the Smarty?

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Hunique Did you look at the Coverage Checker and also the Network Status Checker for your area?

Hunique
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Yep. I checked the network coverage before purchase. It showed perfect coverage and 4G.

And the network status is always the same, no matter whether I check it in the morning, evening or night: „There is, at times, heavy usage in this local area. As a result, you may experience varying data speeds depending on how many customers are connecting to our network via your closest mast.
We’re always working to improve our network and aim to provide the best experience possible."

I have no idea what I could do with it.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Hunique  At times, it may be a feature of the building that causes a poor signal e.g. large steel beams. Check if it is the same when outside.

Hunique
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have made several measurements in Wembley Park where I live. I also walked several streets. This is not caused by a building. We tried 3 different phones (Xiaomi, Samsung, iPhone). Same thing. Watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-lRgvNPi48 

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Hunique Fair enough then. It may be that you have poor reception in your area. Probably also worth following up on advice from @Rebekah_150 .

I recommend talking to our chat team as they can advise troubleshooting steps that may help https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.