cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

European Cover.

Dominic_1770810
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I recently had a weekend in France and Belgium.  Ypres and Brugge.  In both locations I had little or no 3G and no 4G at all.   My phone is set correctly.
my family using virgin had total coverage.   Is this a common issue ?  

4 REPLIES 4

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey Dominic

We unfortunately can not guarantee coverage in a particular location. Like every network, some areas will have better coverage with SMARTY than others, and the size and layout of buildings can make a real difference to service. 

Thanks Rebekah but it does seem to be difficult to connect to some mobile service suppliers in the exact location that those using local SIM cards are finding easy.

I tend to select the 2G services and that can often be accepted when 4G is declined. It then can happen that the rG service suddenly becomes available.

It seems a very hap hazzard way that services are shared.

Are there actually any rules that providers agree to?

Hey KEITHDA,

we would recommend changing your APN setting manually if you are having issues https://bit.ly/3Itd91x to make sure the settings are correct but the quality of your signal will depend on your location and signal can quality vary  

Dominic_1770810
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Thank you these replies.   I was in a group of 10 people.  Ypres and Brugge are 50/60mile apart and I was the only person having issues.  I ended up asking for hotspot from others.   I just wondered if there is an issue?