cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited data

Natalie_1760885
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Does unlimited data mean unlimited or is there a cap usage you can use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Unlimited does mean what it says on the tin, however it's also good to know that there is a section on "responsible use" within the T&Cs (which @Strandloper mentions) .. I have loosely extracted the bits that might be relevant:

- You must not use SMARTY Services .. for unsolicited bulk or commercial communications (relating to SMS)
- To download, send or upload content of an excessive size, quantity or frequency. We’ll contact you if your use is excessive;
- Our Unlimited Data Only SIM plans are for personal, non-commercial use only and can be used in SIM enabled tablets or laptops and portable mobile WI-FI devices and is uncapped for this use
- This SIM card should not be used as a permanent long-term alternative to home broadband.

+ a few other things, you can read more in the actual document here if interested. Service could be suspended without warning if usage is excessive, or if the terms are not adhered to.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@Natalie_1760885,

In Smartys T&C's they say that unlimited is exactly that. They do have a "fair usage" policy (which we should all read) but that doesn't change the use of data AFAIK

Jamie
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I think you would have to be really hammering it to get noticed, say over 1000GB constantly over 4-5 months.

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Unlimited does mean what it says on the tin, however it's also good to know that there is a section on "responsible use" within the T&Cs (which @Strandloper mentions) .. I have loosely extracted the bits that might be relevant:

- You must not use SMARTY Services .. for unsolicited bulk or commercial communications (relating to SMS)
- To download, send or upload content of an excessive size, quantity or frequency. We’ll contact you if your use is excessive;
- Our Unlimited Data Only SIM plans are for personal, non-commercial use only and can be used in SIM enabled tablets or laptops and portable mobile WI-FI devices and is uncapped for this use
- This SIM card should not be used as a permanent long-term alternative to home broadband.

+ a few other things, you can read more in the actual document here if interested. Service could be suspended without warning if usage is excessive, or if the terms are not adhered to.

Jamie
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

What amount is "excessive"?

@Jamie  Not sure there is a definition of that. The thing is that they say they will contact you; this should give you a chance to explain ny unusually high usage.

I used a Smarty SIM in an external 5G router from October to February. I went over 1TB download twice, and other months was over 600GB. i didn't hear anything from Smarty (in fact I wasn't aware of the policy). I now have Fibre broadband.