Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Call cutting out when ringing businesses/landlines

MistaWood
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello,

Ringing mobile to mobile is fine, no issues.

However, when I ring official business etc. such as The doctors, companies such as Virgin Media, I am guessing anyone that uses a business line other than a mobile, the conversation cuts out/delayed and it is even worse on loud speaker.

There is nothing wrong with my phone as it works normally with mobiles and my partners on Smarty and it does exactly the same with her mobile.

Has anyone else experienced this?

13 REPLIES 13

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Not come across this before.

Are you always making calls from the same place i.e. home? Does the same thing happen when you make such a call from somewhere completely different?

MistaWood
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Yeah same thing happens in a different location 

Rebecca_1864790
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi mine is doing the same, when ever I ring the doctors or housing its cutting off or they can't hear me. There is nothing wrong with my phone and it works fine with my giffgaff simcard in. 

Unfortunately seems like a SMARTY problem then ! Thanks 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I've not experienced this issue using SMARTY @MistaWood.

Sounds like there might be a network fault/problem with routing calls from mobile phones to landlines.
These faults can occur from time-to-time, but getting an answer from the service provider can sometimes be tricky.

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Can I check that you are able to call standard land line numbers? you can check your network status here, as we may be doign work on your local mast https://bit.ly/3EzWp6u 

Phillip_1975630
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Having the same issue but only when connecting to companies with call routing software.  Perfectly fine on calls to normal landlines and mobiles.

AndrewG_2027447
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

We can't call landlines at all at the moment

GordonG_1943421
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm also having this problem.  always company landlines, not mobile phones.  It's happened quite a few times to me making calls at home, but today it happened while I was out and about in central London.

Is this a SMARTY issue or a 3 issue?

Doesn't matter how cheap SMARTY are, if this issue can't be resolved I'm moving to another company.

@GordonG_1943421  The question that has been asked is are those numbers standard landline or are they  'internet' style numbers; by that I mean the 0203 numbers that a lot of compnanies seem to use and the call is then routed through to someone in another office/ at home?

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Thatโ€™s what I wonder @MSF @GordonG_1943421 

I have rung both my local hospital and BT Broadband today, without issue, and both have those โ€œPress 1 for this, Press 2  for thatโ€ phone systems. 

I wonder if these particular โ€˜landlinesโ€™ are indeed voip landlines masquerading as landlines, and itโ€™s their call routing to other landlines / mobiles that is causing the real issue.

The one today was a Press 1 number. The local housing association might be, I can't recall.  My local garage definitely isn't. 

One was an 0331 number but the other two (where I've had the same problem a number of times) are local businesses with 0208 numbers