cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem processing payment

fastrider
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have auto-renew turned on, so I was surprised this morning when I got an email stating that my service had been suspended because "your last payment didn't go through". So I head to the dashboard, and notice that auto-renew is off (it shouldn't be). I select my saved card ( a Barclays' credit card ) and press pay. It comes up with the verification window, so I go to my bank and I authorise the payment , and underneath in a small red box it says there was problem processing my payment.

Why?

I authorised it on the barclays app, there's planty of available credit on the card to pay £5.25 for my bill. Yet SMARTY says the payment failed. Again, why ?

You can't ever speak to anyone at SMARTY about these things. But it's concerning that a phone that I rely on could be cut off because of some issue with you being unable to take payments from my card. I have called my bank, and they agreed that I have authorised the payment today to SMARTY, but they see absolutely ZERO record of SMARTY even attempting to take a payment automatically before I made the manual transaction to renew.

This isn't the first time this is happening either. How can this be resolved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@fastrider  You re posting on the Community forum herein so we are not Smarty staff with access to your account.

Did you try web chat with the Support Team? If that fails, raise a complaint.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@fastrider  You re posting on the Community forum herein so we are not Smarty staff with access to your account.

Did you try web chat with the Support Team? If that fails, raise a complaint.