cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number to Smarty

Rebecca_1943419
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, I’m trying to transfer my number to Smarty but it’s been 2 days now and nothing has happened, is this normal?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

When did SMARTY accept your PAC @Rebecca_1943419?

The schedule for switching a number to SMARTY explained online at: 
https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/7172594-when-will-my-number-be-transferred.  

View solution in original post

Hi.  Accepted on Sunday.  

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

When did SMARTY accept your PAC @Rebecca_1943419?

The schedule for switching a number to SMARTY explained online at: 
https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/7172594-when-will-my-number-be-transferred.  

Hi.  Accepted on Sunday.  

Hi @Rebecca_1943419 . Sunday doesn't count as it's not a business day. Therefore, you effectively requested the transfer on Monday and it should be completed by 5pm Tuesday

Submit your PAC on a business day (Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM) for your transfer to complete by 5PM the next business day. Outside of that, it might take an extra business day, or longer if it's a Bank Holiday.

Hopefully communications from SMARTY, about your number transfer, have informed you it'll be transferred by 5pm today (as @MSF mentioned).

Bear in-mind there could be several hours without a mobile service.
It can take 3-4-hours, or longer, between your 'old' provider's SIM card becoming inactive, and the number you want to keep being active with your SMARTY SIM card.

I'd recommend turning OFF the handset with your SMARTY SIM card, until you receive the email from SMARTY confirming your number transfer has gone through.  
🍀

Do it work? I'm having a similar problem

AB
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

As it was Monday a Bank Holiday Then the port in is Excepted on A Tuesday and should be Completed Toady Wednesday Switch off you phone a couple of times

CCC007
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I opted for my number transfer yesterday (Wednesday) and was told it would be today (Thursday) but my account is now saying tomorrow (Friday) - no explanation to why the date has changed and it will then be outside of the time I was assured. None of these dates are bank holidays. Not a great start to the network and I'll be cancelling my smarty one if they keep changing the date. 

AB
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

If you want to leave wait till port is complete then port out hope it works

I ported in 2 weeks ago its been screwed up account closed  and nobody can help agents  cant help no reply from tech department smarty is Total disaster good if all is working God help you if you have a problem no help at all i cant get a Pac code to Leave stuck in limbo 

I learned pay more to have a telephone support and customer service

Mohamme_2453028
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

transfer ending date today but still not transfer number 

@Mohamme_2453028 If you were given today as the transfer date, it could be up to 5pm. Keep checking your account dashboard as it will show the transferred in number once the process has been completed.