Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lycamobile hack attack, Smarty should learn from this

flomanea
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi Smarty

I am ex-Lycamobile user when I had a terrible experience last few weeks . Lycamobile had a cyber attack and a lot of users (including me) lost signal and stuck in lyca network witout any possibility calling or port number. What i receive from lyca was just ..SORRY for service disruption....but myself i lost a lot of phonecalls and with that, a lot of money .

I hope SMARTY learning something from this experience and keep network and data safe  against a cyber attack. 

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@flomanea Sorry to hear of your problem.

I'm not sure what else a network can do if they are hacked other than to apologise and look into strengthening their security.

If you had a specific business account with them, then you should investigate possible compensation. Smarty make the point that they are NOT designed as a business account and so customers cannot really chase them for contingent losses due to loss of service.

flomanea
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It was just an advice , of course can be predicted a hack attack but they should learn from other mistake. For ex. , they can focus on secure the customer accounts (maybe crypt all data )...and pay attention at the sensible data of customers

, it was just an advice , we as people , are better learning from mistakes. 

@flomanea Do you know for certain whether the attack involved access to customers' personal data or whether it simply crashed the system?

We also have no idea if Smarty use some different form of data encryption - let's hope it is a strong one !

I would not be at all surprised if the comms industry are constantly looking to see if their competitors have suffered any problems so that they can try to prevent the same.