Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VodafoneIT

Christin_719785
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hello

Can anyone tell me why my Smarty phone showed it was connected to VodafoneIT when I went to Italy? Smarty is not part of Vodafone. Thank you. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Because VodafoneIT is one of SMARTY's roaming partners in Italy.

View solution in original post

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

When EU roaming, the phone will pick up the first available network that Smarty has an arrangement with. You sometimes find that it will move to a different network as you travel in a country.

As long as you are definitely within EU, then it will be fine.

If you are near a border with a non EU country, you would need to check what network you were connecting to to avoid non EU charges ( phone wonโ€™t work if you have no extra account credit anyway).

Additionally, you can manually choose a network in your Settings on the phone. The default is usuallyโ€˜automaticโ€™

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Because VodafoneIT is one of SMARTY's roaming partners in Italy.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

When EU roaming, the phone will pick up the first available network that Smarty has an arrangement with. You sometimes find that it will move to a different network as you travel in a country.

As long as you are definitely within EU, then it will be fine.

If you are near a border with a non EU country, you would need to check what network you were connecting to to avoid non EU charges ( phone wonโ€™t work if you have no extra account credit anyway).

Additionally, you can manually choose a network in your Settings on the phone. The default is usuallyโ€˜automaticโ€™