cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Smarty in Canada

DG62
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Has anyone used Smarty in Canada? If so for light use over 15 days, how much credit would you suggest adding to the account? We will have wifi in our hotels and access to free phone calls from the hotel. It is just really when we are out and about. 
Are Smarty likely to bring in a daily charge for phone use in Band 2?

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @DG62  It's hard to say how much credit you will need - don't forget that you would be paying to make calls and to receive them - depends upon how popular you are!😍.

The good bit....if you get left with credit on your account, it can be used to pay for future Smarty plans until used up - so you don't lose money!

Daily charge for use in Band 2? - There hasn't been anything here that I have seen and I personally do not think it likely that they will.

I'm sure lots of places will also have free wifi when you are oot & aboot (as they say in Canada!) - cafes etc. You could also check out the cost of purchasing a local sim as an alternative.

dhruvnation
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best way to keep cost low. Try esim online. They usually bundle data etc for very low. 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

If you've got a dual SIM phone, possibly with the second being an eSIM get a bundle online to use with the eSIM in your handset.

When I visited the US early this year, I used an eSIM data only bundle while in the US - turned off the mobile data for my SMARTY SIM and used the much cheaper eSIM data for roaming.

I'm sure this would be possible in Canada as well - good luck @DG62